IGNORED

LJ...........I forgive you.......

slartibartfast

I tend to agree.

SORRY Lee J and co. for moaning too much after the Preston performance especially.

You were clearly working on what is most important in the long run. Getting a defence.

Well done, Lee you deserve the highest praise tonight

AGAIN

Appy Days!

PS Always happy to be wrong if it means City are doing well

COYR!

Very happy for him and SL. I didnt lose faith until this season, and I am very glad to be proved wrong. I always respected him for his hard work, and believed the club meant something to him, so it is really pleasing what he is doing. Dare to dream. What a defence and a well organised team.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I have never advocated LJ should go.

On the other hand, I admit I also felt we should have given Cotterill longer, and that would probably have got us relegated in 2016!

I was the same in both cases.

Was about a game or two from saying Cotterill should go and then in LJ's first full season I highlighted 2 games which I said we needed a minimum of 4 points from otherwise it was probably best if he moved on. One of those was the 4-0 over Huddersfield (think the other was a win or draw against Norwich). 

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Hey, at least you're consistent and stick to your principles!

None too bright, but ...

:laugh:

no he’s doing a top job better then we all could of dreamed off,

long mag it last,

but I said it once on this forum and can’t go back on it ;)

22 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Simply put he is doing an outstanding job...will undoubtably not be going unnoticed either

After we scored the players did celebrate a bit but suddenly formed a huddle and seemed to be having a team discussion, at a guess keep your heads type thing. At the final whistle they came to applaud us as usual, some waving their hands around with obvious joy but most quite calm. Johnson was very subdued, clapping and respectful but not over the top or 'bouncing'

Obviously he was happy but certainly very low key from him. I think this is the message being drummed into the players, stay calm and stay focused.

Excellent coach and manager, thousands thoroughly exposed. Typical Bristol City fans I'm afraid, ******* clueless, support the shit managers like they're incredible and we finally have a well respected coach who has good contacts at big clubs and people want him out on a bad run of form.

Perhaps Bristol Rugby better for you all.

COYR

An excellent advert for taking the long view and a deserved smack in the face for myself and others who’d lost faith post-Preston this season.

Worth remembering that if we were to finish 7th or 8th now, we’d all be disappointed, but that would still represent a fifth consecutive season of league position improvement - and all while working with a moderate mid-table budget and selling prized assets.

L1 12th > L1 1st > C 18th > C 17th > C 11th > ?

I wonder if there is any other team in the entire football league that could claim 5 seasons of consecutive improvement?

9 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Excellent coach and manager, thousands thoroughly exposed. Typical Bristol City fans I'm afraid, ******* clueless, support the shit managers like they're incredible and we finally have a well respected coach who has good contacts at big clubs and people want him out on a bad run of form.

Perhaps Bristol Rugby better for you all.

COYR

Football fans everywhere actually.

What a self righteous knob you are tonight my friend

While we’re at it, hopefully we’ve also heard the last of the “terrible recruitment” criticism often levelled at LJ.

That team, and especially that rock solid back four, now consists almost entirely of LJ signings. Quite clearly, he is more than capable of recruiting good players capable of moving up the league - albeit with a few duds along the way. But even Sir Alex signed Eric Djemba-Djemba.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

While we’re at it, hopefully we’ve also heard the last of the “terrible recruitment” criticism often levelled at LJ.

That team, and especially that rock solid back four, now consists almost entirely of LJ signings. Quite clearly, he is more than capable of recruiting good players capable of moving up the league - albeit with a few duds along the way. But even Sir Alex signed Eric Djemba-Djemba.

and Ralph Milne !

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

An excellent advert for taking the long view and a deserved smack in the face for myself and others who’d lost faith post-Preston this season.

Worth remembering that if we were to finish 7th or 8th now, we’d all be disappointed, but that would still represent a fifth consecutive season of league position improvement - and all while working with a moderate mid-table budget and selling prized assets.

L1 12th > L1 1st > C 18th > C 17th > C 11th > ?

I wonder if there is any other team in the entire football league that could claim 5 seasons of consecutive improvement?

I wouldn’t be disappointed if we finished 7th/8th.  It’s a tough division, we have some tough games, and over 46 games we’ll be wherever we’ll be.  It is one of the top half team away games chalked off though.

If anything QPR will be a bigger test than Blackburn today.  I think most people thought a hard fought draw would be more than acceptable today, but expectations will be for a win on Tuesday...that’s adds a bit of pressure.

Irrespective of West Brom away v Stoke, 3 teams above us dropped points this weekend, and we’ve kept Derby at bay whilst they’ve knocked Hull down a bit.  A good weekend overall.

Cant wait for Tuesday, only caught 30 minutes of the game today on a stream, 15 minutes either side of h-t....but the other 60 so well summarised by Gary Owers.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

and Ralph Milne !

and recommended Moyes

Archived