IGNORED

LJ...........I forgive you.......

slartibartfast

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

After we scored the players did celebrate a bit but suddenly formed a huddle and seemed to be having a team discussion, at a guess keep your heads type thing. At the final whistle they came to applaud us as usual, some waving their hands around with obvious joy but most quite calm. Johnson was very subdued, clapping and respectful but not over the top or 'bouncing'

Obviously he was happy but certainly very low key from him. I think this is the message being drummed into the players, stay calm and stay focused.

Glad to hear this. We’re on a fantastic run of form, have a healthy league position and have good depth in our squad, but there is still a fair part of the season to go. The last thing we want is for complacency to set in. I don’t think it will because hopefully the players and management team have learned from last season’s collapse. 

I’m really enjoying this season, though. Pushing for the play offs is more than I was expecting, especially when we went through that dodgy spell a couple of months ago. 

Who was the “I will boo” idiot, he still in hiding?

im generally an advocate of these kind of posts after a win are a bit silly but I think he’s far exceeding most peoples expectations at the moment.

hopefully when the defeat comes he’ll have bought some credit with the doom merchants

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Who was the “I will boo” idiot, he still in hiding?

im generally an advocate of these kind of posts after a win are a bit silly but I think he’s far exceeding most peoples expectations at the moment.

hopefully when the defeat comes he’ll have bought some credit with the doom merchants

That would be @Thatch35 I believe...whatever happend to @tinman85 by the way...85 was a bad year for miserable pessimists

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

After we scored the players did celebrate a bit but suddenly formed a huddle and seemed to be having a team discussion, at a guess keep your heads type thing. At the final whistle they came to applaud us as usual, some waving their hands around with obvious joy but most quite calm. Johnson was very subdued, clapping and respectful but not over the top or 'bouncing'

Obviously he was happy but certainly very low key from him. I think this is the message being drummed into the players, stay calm and stay focused.

Post match interview confirms this. LJ was asked about keeping things under control and he shrugged it off and said it was no problem at all.

we all believed the hype last year and I think LJ started to as well. This year feels more like, whatever happens, happens. A relaxed, happy environment.

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

but I think he’s far exceeding most peoples expectations at the moment.

He’s not exceeding my expectations. He’s doing a very decent job with the squad that he’s built himself. 

Its taken him almost all of his three years as HC to get where we are and he probably regrets saying ‘3 windows’  when he first arrived...............:facepalm:

My position with LJ has always been nuetral but at the same time respected  his knowledge and skills of the football industry and am now  beginning to appreciate what a good coach he’s becoming........and, dare I say it........we’re lucky to have him? 

5 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Bit soon for celebrations don’t you think... 

keep up the good work though LJ, I’m warming to you...

I think eight consecutive wins is plenty to celebrate - but lets keep it balanced when we lose a couple, eh?

I was happy to give Johnson until Xmas to get it right before calling for his head. Delighted with the progress ,long may it continue. Side is playing some good stuff with an impenetrable defence.

Future looks exciting with strength in depth on the bench, particularly up front.

16 games left, 25 points should secure a play off place.

30 points perhaps automatic.

COYR

12 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Where's Bob, Bob super Bob?? I was getting loads when I was sticking up for Johnson. Now look what's happening. Seems I was always right! Love it that city fans are eating that humble pie!! Knowledge is the ?!! 

Just out of interest, what were you posting when LJ was losing 8 straight?  What were you posting in the second half of last season?  Were you always so adamant, or gave you had moments when you weren’t quite so sure?

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just out of interest, what were you posting when LJ was losing 8 straight?  What were you posting in the second half of last season?  Were you always so adamant, or gave you had moments when you weren’t quite so sure?

I still think Lansdown will pull our pants down and only wants us to make money......

?

Wow what a love -in for our HC.Well deserved of course but there must be hundreds 'fans' on otib still to re-appear with their 'changed minds' from 11 months ago!!

And if i could be bothered to look back and note those posters after Preston in November - it would be fun to "call out" all those on here who have been shown to know nothing about football or how good LJ is.

Maintain the love!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I wouldn’t be disappointed if we finished 7th/8th.  It’s a tough division, we have some tough games, and over 46 games we’ll be wherever we’ll be.  It is one of the top half team away games chalked off though.

If anything QPR will be a bigger test than Blackburn today.  I think most people thought a hard fought draw would be more than acceptable today, but expectations will be for a win on Tuesday...that’s adds a bit of pressure.

Irrespective of West Brom away v Stoke, 3 teams above us dropped points this weekend, and we’ve kept Derby at bay whilst they’ve knocked Hull down a bit.  A good weekend overall.

Cant wait for Tuesday, only caught 30 minutes of the game today on a stream, 15 minutes either side of h-t....but the other 60 so well summarised by Gary Owers.

And so it goes on. For me the Swansea game was huge, then today at Blackburn if they had won would have accumulated the 2nd most home points in the division.

Then as you say QPR another big game.

By the sound of with the muted celebrations at the end of the game the squad really believe we're contenders, and with 16 games to go they really are focused on the 1 game at a time.

It seems to me if the next game was Leeds or Ipswich it wouldn't make a jot of difference.

Got this smell of 76 about all this. Or am I going ******* mad?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I was always adament he was the man for the job. In none of these games were we getting well beat and with the injuries, losing players in the summer and the potential we had in the squad, was always a matter of time until we hit some form and getting results! So it was proved

15 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

That would be @Thatch35 I believe...whatever happend to @tinman85 by the way...85 was a bad year for miserable pessimists

Probably unplugged from the internet along with Bicester “I hope we lose more games to get rid of the Manager” ***, all pretending that their accounts were hijacked by trolls.

16 hours ago, keynshamred said:

Where's Bob, Bob super Bob?? I was getting loads when I was sticking up for Johnson. Now look what's happening. Seems I was always right! Love it that city fans are eating that humble pie!! Knowledge is the ?!! 

As Confucius the confused said

"Person who is always right, goes round in circles"

or "called Luke Freeman"

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Probably unplugged from the internet along with Bicester “I hope we lose more games to get rid of the Manager” ***, all pretending that their accounts were hijacked by trolls.

When the transfer window closed without us signing a striker somebody posted that they couldn't wait for us to lose the next game and go on a losing run.

I don't recall who and didn't feel it worthwhile responding to somebody who actively wants the team they claim to support to fail.

Fortunately they are in a tiny minority who have a visceral dislike of LJ, and often SL as well, that persists regardless of how well we are doing.

16 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I still think Lansdown will pull our pants down and only wants us to make money......

?

Really? I’m shocked by this as I would have thought a successful businessman like Lansdown would have wanted the club to lose money.

Archived