IGNORED

Kalas

old_eastender

Thought he was outstanding today, made at least 3 crucial blocks, had to be Man of the Match for me.

As had been said before him and Webster the best defensive centre back pairing we have had since Merrick & Collier in the mid-70s.

Kalas should be our number 1 priority to try and sign up as a perm. Fulham allegedly could have had him for £6m at end of last season, worth every penny if that's want Chelsea still want. 

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Played in league one against much worse opposition. Those players I listed all better 

True but you have Rob Newman in there. Didn't play much in the second tier for us, did he?  Now I'm checking my memory.

All about opinions, but i'd have Taylor and he did play at the highest level too. I loved Shaun, proper character too

My mistake, Biff played in the 2nd tier for a bit with us.

MA said he had scheduled talks with Chelsea coming up for whatever reason. The hope is that signing kalas on a permanent is on the agenda. There is a reason why every team kalas has played for in the championship goes on to get promoted. 

Im sure he is attainable, even more so if we went up. He is a MUST signing to partner Webster long term. Kelly will likely be sold in summer as I feel the option on dasilva is in preparation for that. I don't think we'll ever see Kelly play centre back properly for us. Fortunately, we also have a very good player in pring to back up dasilva. Forward planning is going well.

59 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

He may be the second best centre-back I've seen in a City shirt. The good news is the best one I've seen plays alongside him!

Spot on. A moment of reflection is needed when you see these 2 play together. Premier league quality. Caulker was probably the most natural defender I had seen for city and these 2 are a class above imo.

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Thought he was outstanding today, made at least 3 crucial blocks, had to be Man of the Match for me.

As had been said before him and Webster the best defensive centre back pairing we have had since Merrick & Collier in the mid-70s.

Kalas should be our number 1 priority to try and sign up as a perm. Fulham allegedly could have had him for £6m at end of last season, worth every penny if that's want Chelsea still want. 

He’s quality but we will never pay 6 million for a defender at this level 

Archived