IGNORED

Kalas

old_eastender

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

True but you have Rob Newman in there. Didn't play much in the second tier for us, did he?  Now I'm checking my memory.

All about opinions, but i'd have Taylor and he did play at the highest level too. I loved Shaun, proper character too

My mistake, Biff played in the 2nd tier for a bit with us.

Newman captained an excellent City team to finish 9th in tier 2. His quality was obvious which is why a Premiership team immediately bought him - a team he went on to lead out in European games at Bayern Munich and Inter Milan.

They don't make 'em like that round here too often which is why Newman stands head and shoulders above most players, never mind defenders, to have played for City since we left the top tier and, quite possibly, ever.  

7 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Spot on. A moment of reflection is needed when you see these 2 play together. Premier league quality. Caulker was probably the most natural defender I had seen for city and these 2 are a class above imo.

Premier league quality? As good as they are at championship level there is a reason why kalas is never picked up by prem clubs on loan

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If that is true then it can only be if we get promotion and even then he won’t be on the wages kalas is on at Chelsea 

We could ‘trade’ kelly for him and have a sell on and spare cash, pay half his contract wages selling Semenyo, and his wages will be on par with Baker/Tomlin. 

No reason to suspect we won’t spend £6m plus on a CB when we sold one to a club in this division last summer for that,  will likely sell one for higher than that this summer, and are liable for more than that on Webster. 

I personally think Kalas will be our record signing in a few months time. 

What often gets ignored by posters is that you don’t buy a player to then release on a free. Yes his transfer fee might be £Xm, but we’d be expecting to sell him for £Ym though. I’d say with Kalas Y is bigger than X; he’s an investment and SL knows risk/reward better than anyone on this forum.  

Look at Tomlin - we didn’t even lose out the transfer fee on that joke of a player who kept us up, flogged him, and he’s now at Peterborough turning up at the mem  

34 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Nicol ass your name says it all.Get out of here. Why moan about SL's BCFC on a day we beat BRFC

Oh right. You cant read then. Making up a word from an incorrect spelling of my username to suit your agenda.

Not moaning about SL. Clearly stating that for quality you need to pay up. I dont think he will. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Someone clever enough in Sec 18  needs to come up with a chant for this bloke

Warrior

Once our defence was made of glass
Now we’ve got Webster and Kalas
If you get past them, you’ll only find    you’ve  got no chance 
‘Cause Frankie’s right behind. 

Eat your heart out @Robbored

47 minutes ago, 29AR said:

We could ‘trade’ kelly for him and have a sell on and spare cash, pay half his contract wages selling Semenyo, and his wages will be on par with Baker/Tomlin. 

No reason to suspect we won’t spend £6m plus on a CB when we sold one to a club in this division last summer for that,  will likely sell one for higher than that this summer, and are liable for more than that on Webster. 

What often gets ignored by posters is that you don’t buy a player to then release on a free. Yes his transfer fee might be £Xm, but we’d be expecting to sell him for £Ym though. I’d say with Kalas Y is bigger than X; he’s an investment and SL knows risk/reward better than anyone on this forum.  

Look at Tomlin - we didn’t even lose out the transfer fee on that joke of a player who kept us up, flogged him, and he’s now at Peterborough turning up at the mem  

What you seem to forget is average championship sides are desperate for good centre halves and will blow us out the water when it comes to wages,he’s a perfect fit for a villa or stoke 

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What you seem to forget is average championship sides are desperate for good centre halves and will blow us out the water when it comes to wages,he’s a perfect fit for a villa or stoke 

Aston Villa have big financial issues coming down the track, Stoke don't yet but may have to take 2 examples.

However I take your point- there are sides who could definitely out compete us on the wage front. However if he likes it here, you never know...Chelsea have a problem looming with these new loan rules coming in over the next year or 2.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Villa have big financial issues coming down the track, Stoke don't yet but may have to take 2 examples.

However I take your point- there are sides who could definitely out compete us on the wage front. However if he likes it here, you never know...Chelsea have a problem looming with these new loan rules coming in over the next year or 2.

Let’s hope mate because we would all love him to be here next year 

Thomas Kalas, la la la la la la la, la la la la la la la la, Thomas Kalas...and again, and again.

To the tune of the Pat Boone 'Speedy Gonzalez' chorus bit.

You'd have to Youtube it to get what I mean.

Not to difficult I wouldn't think if everyone got the gist.

I'll wait for the I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! and get my coat ?

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Fingers crossed SL will realize that the reason why we are where we are, and playing so well is down to Kalas being part of the Jigsaw.

If I hear the word 'wages' one more ******* time I'm going to scream. Do you want to be playing the SAGS again?

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I don't forget. 

Average championship sides? What like Ipswich and Webster, or any of our competitors with Kalas on loan; do you expect we aren't contributing already a large proportion of his wages, if not all taking into account a loan fee? Or taking Baker from Villa - who you mention, or Wright from Preston, a very average CHAMPIONSHIP team? Where are we being blown out of the water? C'mon man, you are being very disingenuous. 

So disingenuous it's almost not for a response. Many of us are often wrong, I think you need to accept we HAVE spent on defence; fees and wages, if we don't keep Kalas the most realistic reason will be he chose not to stay not we didn't offer suffiicent. 

7 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I don't forget. 

Average championship sides? What like Ipswich and Webster, or any of our competitors with Kalas on loan; do you expect we aren't contributing already a large proportion of his wages, if not all taking into account a loan fee? Or taking Baker from Villa - who you mention, or Wright from Preston, a very average CHAMPIONSHIP team? Where are we being blown out of the water? C'mon man, you are being very disingenuous. 

So disingenuous it's almost not for a response. Many of us are often wrong, I think you need to accept we HAVE spent on defence; fees and wages, if we don't keep Kalas the most realistic reason will be he chose not to stay not we didn't offer suffiicent. 

Ipswich are along way from a average championship side if you think we are going to pay 25-30k a week on top of the transfer fee then you are off your rocker

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Yes, for 3 seasons now. So you are wrong (again).

Course you are

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ipswich are along way from a average championship side if you think we are going to pay 25-30k a week on top of the transfer fee then you are off your rocker

Course you are

16th consecutive season as this level, predating the rebrand to the Championship. A more average side there is not. 

Archived