IGNORED

Other teams opinions on our chances for promotion

Bristolded1987

What’s more revealing is what the clubs think of themselves - they know f all about us, and let’s be fair, bar Weimann and Kalas could probably name none of our team.

If you look at other clubs, the key one here is Boro. The fans are totally disillusioned with Pulis ball and it’s not working and will turn toxic. They’re dropping out of this - mark my words.

Leeds fans are undoubtedly concerned about their recent slump. They are running out of steam and there is concern - should still make it but far from sure

WBA/Sheff remain confident. Norwich just happy to be there and in slight disbelief how it’s panned - they hope momentum carries them through.

So, they can write us off. Sod em. At least two of the teams above us have their own doubts as to whether they’ll stay in the mix so the question is, even if FLDC make the playoffs who else is coming in to replace us in their un-informed  opinion...?

31 minutes ago, Bristolded1987 said:

Don’t know why. But I was looking at other couple of other clubs forums . They are all writing us off , especially derby . 

They are convinced we will fall apart with the run of fixtures we have . 

I love the fact they are all writing us off. 

They should look at who we have played since November and then re think ? 

We haven’t had our losing run yet but thankfully we will be safe from relegation when it happens and what saddo also looks at other forums apart from you  

9A3846BD-D69E-4A96-8C52-12C5687E4D15.gif

Too many fans of other clubs have an over inflated sense of their team’s importance. Just because they  managed to do something, no matter how minor or how long ago, they believe they are a “big” club guaranteed to win promotion 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

:laugh:,hence the fishing gif,take it is you giving it large on the Blackburn forum 

I've posted on there - but nothing they could take exception to? I use the same name as here, so nothing secret. I only occasionally post on other team's forums and when I do it's neutral stuff, not provocative.

There were a few posts along the lines of us being average, we are 6th but will never keep up our run of form, but many thought they were beaten by a better team.

Did see this post, which made me smile in view of our own fans opinions! :)

8 minutes ago,  Wing Wizard Windy Miller said: 

Agree with that!

As an aside, that big unit who played up top for them is exactly the type of player we lack.  He could make the ball stick and was a nuisance all game.

Looked £5mil well spent.

Bloody foreign market.

100%. We said exactly that at the time. Looked good on the ball too.

I guess he is too much a ‘here and now’ player and we need ones for the future.

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Just watching the Sky highlight show. The narrative was Blackburn battered us and we scored our only chance from a set piece.

Brilliant, no wonder we are underrated and long may that continue.

Having seen the game we had more chances than them. Bar a 15 min spell mid 2nd half we had far more quality.

34 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Just watching the Sky highlight show. The narrative was Blackburn battered us and we scored our only chance from a set piece.

Sky comments are rubbish. Stats show a fairly even game. They had more possession, while we had more shots on target and corners.

Even though we got two yellows, we only conceded seven fouls so can't even compete in that respect with some teams who have visited us.

Just done the double over Swansea and Blackburn. QPR on Tuesday would make it 3 doubles match in a row, but still happy for us to be written off and overlooked.  We all know that teams ahead of us and around us will implode as the end of the season approaches. Keep the defence strong, keep scoring the odd goal here and there and we should still be in the mix come the end of the season!

Interesting all the anti Derby comments....

I was surprised as they’ve previously come across as well balanced in recent encounters

Having read their forum ....where are any such comments about us..??... @bristolted ?

The only comment of note I could find was a don’t rule Bristol City out of autos with the run of form their on

15 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We haven’t had our losing run yet but thankfully we will be safe from relegation when it happens and what saddo also looks at other forums apart from you  

9A3846BD-D69E-4A96-8C52-12C5687E4D15.gif

We were on an awful run before Ipswich (a). We've had a bad run, don't worry about that. Not saying we won't have another, mind!

13 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

And the BBC described us as 'the real deal'

9 hours ago, pillred said:

Just found out the last time we won 6 games in a row in the second tier was 115 years ago, wow that's something for the current team to be really proud of.

Just heard that on Sky. A quick wiki search tells me that run ended on......10th February ?

As for Derby fans. A club who have done the square root of **** all in my lifetime, living on long forgotten past glories and who's neighbours have won 2 European Cups in the same time. With their old manager. That's gonna sting. **** Derby County, **** their fans, half of them won't remember them being one of the best clubs in the country ?

20 minutes ago, Bristolded1987 said:

It was under there match day thread 

Thanks

But having read their match day thread there is one comment 

( And perfectly reasonable) -

Anyone who is worried about Bristol City, check out their fixtures.

Qpr, Norwich, Preston away  Leeds and Birmingham coming up.

With Wolves in the cup.

Also yet to play Villa, Boro, Derby, West Brom and a final day of Hull away.

Tough.

Lets not stir up a hate fest between us and Derby when there’s no basis 

Archived