IGNORED

F.A cup

steviestevieneville

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

This. Would be nice to go far but we’re not going to win it, whereas we are genuinely promotion contenders.

I never want to see us lose a game but I would take 3 points in the league over a win on Sunday. 

While I know we almost certainly won't win the FA Cup, and we'll likely go out next weekend, this season seems to be as good a chance as a non Premier League side will get for quite a few years.

At most 2 of the "big 6" will be in the next round, while it is guaranteed that 2 'lower league' clubs will be in the final 8.

Of the non "big 6" side left from the Premier League, all are beatable from our perspective (not easy games, granted, but I think we could beat any of them on our day).

Then from the non Premier League sides we have to fancy ourselves against almost all of them. It's only really West Brom from those teams that concern me.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

IMO we have a stronger squad to cope with a cup run . I personally hope we get into the quarterfinals 

Before all the injuries struck pre Christmas last season we were able to make numerous changes and beat premier league teams en route to the semis, we don’t have the volume of injuries and a bigger and better squad. Let’s just roll with it and let LJ decide what’s the best team to put out and where our priorities lie 

There's some decent money on hand for winning this round after they doubled the prize money this year...http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund 

Sure SL would like a cool 360k in the bank, plus guaranteed tv and decent gate money from a quarter-final and also a sniff at the 720k for the quarter-final winner!

50 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ok . Another scenario .

we beat QPR but against wolves pack and josh get injured for 6 weeks .

How do you feel then ? 

Players can get injured in training or even at home!  I wouldnt worry about it.

Go for it but make around 6 or 7 changes. We have such a great squad depth this year that even if we do make that amount of changes I don’t see it weakening us a great deal. Making changes in midfield would worry me, but on the other hand, the amount of games Pack and Brownie have played this year, they could do with a rest tbh. Difficult balancing act for Lee.

7 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Go for it but make around 6 or 7 changes. We have such a great squad depth this year that even if we do make that amount of changes I don’t see it weakening us a great deal. Making changes in midfield would worry me, but on the other hand, the amount of games Pack and Brownie have played this year, they could do with a rest tbh. Difficult balancing act for Lee.

I dont think we can make that many changes and hope to compete against Wolves.

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ok . Another scenario .

we beat QPR but against wolves pack and josh get injured for 6 weeks .

How do you feel then ? 

Or,  Pack and Josh get injured against QPR and are out for 6 weeks and we go on to beat Wolves with Morrell and Palmer stepping in.

13 hours ago, downendcity said:

Listened to the Wales coach priorate the start of there 6 Nations last week. 

They are on a winning run and he said that the Welsh players have forgotten how to lose and I think, and hope, that the same applies to us. Not that it gets easier to keep winning or stay unbeaten, because teams will be raising their game against us now, but  the players must be full of confidence and feeling that they can beat anyone.

That feeling is almost impossible to coach into players but is a priceless commodity.

Thanks for this post. I'm looking forward to 23rd Feb, when we sneak another away win at Carrow Road and then settling down in my seat in the back row of the top tier in the Millennium, to see us wallop the English again!

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks for this post. I'm looking forward to 23rd Feb, when we sneak another away win at Carrow Road and then settling down in my seat in the back row of the top tier in the Millennium, to see us wallop the English again!

Not that convincing against Italy yesterday!

13 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

While I know we almost certainly won't win the FA Cup, and we'll likely go out next weekend, this season seems to be as good a chance as a non Premier League side will get for quite a few years.

At most 2 of the "big 6" will be in the next round, while it is guaranteed that 2 'lower league' clubs will be in the final 8.

Of the non "big 6" side left from the Premier League, all are beatable from our perspective (not easy games, granted, but I think we could beat any of them on our day).

Then from the non Premier League sides we have to fancy ourselves against almost all of them. It's only really West Brom from those teams that concern me.

exactly that.if we can overcome wolves,,theres only man c I would call it game over for us.give it everything,one of the prem teams might do man c for us

The deeper we go the more apprehensive I'm getting about our league form. When do we fit in the Wall game if we beat Wolves? How would a potential semi final at Wembley affect our players? Are we really gonna be able to play at Wembley 2 weekends in a row in the cup final and play off finals?

Arghhh first world problems, just a valient defeat to Wolves might be ok all things considered.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

The deeper we go the more apprehensive I'm getting about our league form. When do we fit in the Wall game if we beat Wolves? How would a potential semi final at Wembley affect our players? Are we really gonna be able to play at Wembley 2 weekends in a row in the cup final and play off finals?

Arghhh first world problems, just a valient defeat to Wolves might be ok all things considered.

And how are we going to cope with playing in the Europa League in our first Premier League season? 

21 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

True, but is the Europa League our best route to the Champions League, or should we concentrate on the top 4?

Europa League definitely. Then we can have a shot at the European Super Cup and have a trophy won in August to get our second season in the Premier League off to a flying start.

The question is whether we try and win the Charity Shield this coming August.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Europa League definitely. Then we can have a shot at the European Super Cup and have a trophy won in August to get our second season in the Premier League off to a flying start.

The question is whether we try and win the Charity Shield this coming August.

I think we ought to let Man City or Liverpool have that one - it`ll mean they win something at least next season just to keep them interested.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

The deeper we go the more apprehensive I'm getting about our league form. When do we fit in the Wall game if we beat Wolves? How would a potential semi final at Wembley affect our players? Are we really gonna be able to play at Wembley 2 weekends in a row in the cup final and play off finals.................

.................Which came first - the chicken or the egg, does your chewing gum lose it's flavour on the bedpost overnight, is there life on Mars, what becomes of the broken hearted?

These will remain unanswered as long as City remains unbeaten..

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Let's hope the Welsh remember how to lose sooner than City!  :)

Archived