IGNORED

Impressive thing about today

Kid in the Riot

Only listened on the radio so I hope I've got this right but LJ brought on Palmer and Taylor in the 73rd minute to "go for it" so to speak. 

Blackburn have one of the best home records in the league and have only lost at Ewood Park twice all season.

So what was Mowbray's response? One minute later he took off his main attacking threat Dack for the more defensively minded Rothwell. In other words he decided to try and hold out for the point.

That shows where we are right now in terms of strength in depth and the respect that decent teams with very experienced managers are showing us. 

As soon as LJ brought on Taylor and Palmer we must've all been confident we would go on and win the game as we've already seen these two change games - Taylor did so in the Blackburn home game in fact and maybe that was playing on Mowbray's mind.

We're in a great place right now and time will tell if we're able to mix it with the Boro,  Leeds and WBA's come the seasons end.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Great observation.I hadn't noticed that so will await with interest those on here with an 'agenda' who will question our top man's tactics!!

Let it go FFS

You and certain others seem to be more bitter than LJ himself about this.

To his credit, he always took any criticism with great dignity anyway.

The fans are happy, Lee IS HAPPY, so why is anyone still bringing this up?

It is ridiculous

39 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let it go FFS

You and certain others seem to be more bitter than LJ himself about this.

To his credit, he always took any criticism with great dignity anyway.

The fans are happy, Lee IS HAPPY, so why is anyone still bringing this up. It is ridiculous

I put him on ignore a while ago because I thought he was a total cock but unfortunately you can see posts from ignored users if quoted.

So I did read it this time and it confirmed he is still a total cock.

Sticking up for @Hampshire Red a little bit here. As petty as it is, had this season panned out differently and instead of this unbeaten run we ended up being in the relegation zone now and LJ sacked, I have absolutely no doubt that the LJ ‘outers’ would post “I told you so” posts and claim we’ve wasted 3 years and millions of pounds on the man.

However, it’s clear and obvious that everyone involved in the club and on here is delighted with how things are going. More of the same please.

I would defend anyone's right to have had concerns earlier in the season, tactics and selections often didn't seem quite right, we were wasteful of the chances we did have and the Preston game at home especially- 1 shot on target in the 82nd minute at that at home to a side with zero away wins in the season and one of (at that time) the most porous defences- the signs were worrying and while I didn't think we'd go down at any point, there were red flags in general.

However things have totally transformed- slowly, little by little- football improving steadily over the course of this run, while retaining a solid base. It's great to see and full credit to LJ for finding a blueprint that works and now with Dack coming off, other sides worrying about what we have to offer- especially one with such a good home record. Well that's excellent to see,

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Palmer had a note. He ran on with a written note that he gave to Pack. Pack read it several times, handed it round to Brownhill and a few others. It ended up with Pisano who read it a couple of times and then shoved it down his pants. 5 mins later.

Goal.

What did the note say?

"Score a goal, Eros" ?

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thanks mate, the only worthwhile response in 14 posts ??

Your OP was so perfect that no one could come up with anything serious to say or anything much to add.

Lots of us a celebrating a great win and having a few I imagine

I think there have been some great replies.

Thanks for the post

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Palmer had a note. He ran on with a written note that he gave to Pack. Pack read it several times, handed it round to Brownhill and a few others. It ended up with Pisano who read it a couple of times and then shoved it down his pants. 5 mins later.

Goal.

What did the note say?

Indian or Chinese after the game?

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Goal.

What did the note say?

He's Italian.  The note said "Stick this down your pants and Saint Michael will bless you"

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

LJ brought on Palmer and Taylor in the 73rd minute to "go for it" so to speak. 

No, he changed it as we were under the cosh and needed some spark to put the game back to them. Patterson in particular offered little all game and in truth could have been subbed much earlier.  Like last week the double change was crucial - what the highlights won't show is the absolute pest Taylor made of himself over a couple of corners, ref having to intervene and dispute and confusion reigning amidst their defence. Next time around they're majorly focussed on Taylor and Didgeridoo and Pisano gets the yard for the goal. Had Taylor not acted as he did we wouldn't have scored.

33 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Similar change of shape to when we went 1-0 down vs Bolton.

Palmer behind 2 strikers. Great options from the bench atm.

12 months ago, it was Diony coming on from the bench. Sacre bloody bleu! And Magnússon and Walsh. And Kent going off. And then Sunderland equalising!

What a transformation!

Archived