IGNORED

Impressive thing about today

Kid in the Riot

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Blimey your rattled tonight Bob, I can't help but think the longer this winning run continues the more  you sink into the depths of despair.

Beginning to feel a bit sorry for you now...

But it's in your own hands, just admit you were wrong. 

Take care x

Don’t you worry bout me Pops

You go back to sleep

Im laughing ..........and chilled :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

TBF my one criticism of LJ has been a reluctance to change things not working (and I’ve always been an LJ in man), but he seems to trust the players more now. Steve cotterill got the same accusations as well BTW!

Will say you're not the only one to have said the first part, but I find it strange LJ then also got the tinkerman and tombola comments, so he had a reluctance to change things but also changed things everytime. Not accusing you of anything just reminded me.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only listened on the radio so I hope I've got this right but LJ brought on Palmer and Taylor in the 73rd minute to "go for it" so to speak. 

Blackburn have one of the best home records in the league and have only lost at Ewood Park twice all season.

So what was Mowbray's response? One minute later he took off his main attacking threat Dack for the more defensively minded Rothwell. In other words he decided to try and hold out for the point.

That shows where we are right now in terms of strength in depth and the respect that decent teams with very experienced managers are showing us. 

As soon as LJ brought on Taylor and Palmer we must've all been confident we would go on and win the game as we've already seen these two change games - Taylor did so in the Blackburn home game in fact and maybe that was playing on Mowbray's mind.

We're in a great place right now and time will tell if we're able to mix it with the Boro,  Leeds and WBA's come the seasons end.

Right, back on track.  Just got in from an evening out.  Interesting hearing LJ on BBCRB post-match.  Think he sensed a game stagnating away, and saw an opportunity.  In fairness he knows he has got depth, and in previous years I would be thinking - don’t change anything, we’ve got a point, a good point, let’s make sure we keep it.  However, I thought the right subs could make the difference.  I didn’t want Diedhiou to come off because (perversely) he’s important against set-pieces, especially with Mulgrew.  LJ said he thought about Eliasson, but decided to go with Palmer instead.  Gary Owers called it straight away, said we’d gone narrow, noticed it was a diamond and thought it was a very sensible change.  He said we might get exposed wide...but our strength is centrally, so it made sense.

Very good spot that Mowbray instantly took Dack off.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Similar change of shape to when we went 1-0 down vs Bolton.

Palmer behind 2 strikers. Great options from the bench atm.

Yes, LJ knows bringing on subs no longer weakens us....in fact with Palmer you could argue it strengthens us.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I've had my differences with Bob in the past but really? 

Let's try and enjoy our 8th straight win without trying to get any meaningless point scoring... 

I’m glad you posted this.  I’m happy to say I misjudged you as a sheep, but I apologise.  Fair play.

Re Eros, when he signed, he had a decent scoring record in Italy, and LJ went on record that he might score a few.  He got one in a friendly early doors, and was a threat in those early games last season, without notching.  Now got two in recent games.  Good finish too.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Dogs and bones, folks

We won, i'm drinking, who cares?

you could have told us what you were drinking and what train we had to catch and do we need to fly to Hartlepool and back on the same plane we do have room in the car for Stacy Penton(?)  and probably  both Rougiers.

4 hours ago, joeyb said:

Sticking up for @Hampshire Red a little bit here. As petty as it is, had this season panned out differently and instead of this unbeaten run we ended up being in the relegation zone now and LJ sacked, I have absolutely no doubt that the LJ ‘outers’ would post “I told you so” posts and claim we’ve wasted 3 years and millions of pounds on the man.

However, it’s clear and obvious that everyone involved in the club and on here is delighted with how things are going. More of the same please.

And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle, ETC ETC.

I looked at the OP and for whatever reason decided to read from the last post backwards to the very good observation in Kid's OP.

It has been one of the most surreal experiences I've had on OTIB. 

This can become a brilliant new pub game- you have to guess the OP by going backwards through the comments- the first person to guess right wins a pint.

7 hours ago, hodge said:

Will say you're not the only one to have said the first part, but I find it strange LJ then also got the tinkerman and tombola comments, so he had a reluctance to change things but also changed things everytime. Not accusing you of anything just reminded me.

Think he tinkered a lot with the starting 11 with a different team every week, but then didn’t seem to want to change things that were clearly not working during the game. So stubborn tinkerman?!

Anyway looks like he’s got over the that period

51 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I looked at the OP and for whatever reason decided to read from the last post backwards to the very good observation in Kid's OP.

This can become a brilliant new pub game- you have to guess the OP by going backwards through the comments- the first person to guess right wins a pint.

if you work back from The Specials and Fred Wedlock heaven knows what you'd guess the OPto be!

9 hours ago, Alessandro said:

A lot have been calling for Palmer to start over Pato - I know Pato has stepped up somewhat, but I wonder if right now he is that bit more dangerous being utilised from the bench.

It was definitely one of those games where the subs made the difference and we certainly have options from the bench. 

I started wondering if Johnson isn't showing his full hand yet in fear of other teams adapting like they did last season. I think he is looking to change it every 10 games or so or look for signs that teams are adapted.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

This was post 109 - if you went backwards I would predict that 95% of posts didn't relate to the original point and absolutely no one would guess the original point. 

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Palmer had a note. He ran on with a written note that he gave to Pack. Pack read it several times, handed it round to Brownhill and a few others. It ended up with Pisano who read it a couple of times and then shoved it down his pants. 5 mins later.

Goal.

What did the note say?

"Last one to read this has to put it down their pants"?

14 minutes ago, Pezo said:

This was post 109 - if you went backwards I would predict that 95% of posts didn't relate to the original point and absolutely no one would guess the original point. 

which is what  makes it such a brilliant pub game- 1 in 20 would get a free pint whilst the remaining 19 would lose the will to live.

39 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

which is what  makes it such a brilliant pub game- 1 in 20 would get a free pint whilst the remaining 19 would lose the will to live.

............but the other 19 will be adamant that they were right and will proved to be so in the future.

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only listened on the radio so I hope I've got this right but LJ brought on Palmer and Taylor in the 73rd minute to "go for it" so to speak. 

Blackburn have one of the best home records in the league and have only lost at Ewood Park twice all season.

So what was Mowbray's response? One minute later he took off his main attacking threat Dack for the more defensively minded Rothwell. In other words he decided to try and hold out for the point.

That shows where we are right now in terms of strength in depth and the respect that decent teams with very experienced managers are showing us. 

As soon as LJ brought on Taylor and Palmer we must've all been confident we would go on and win the game as we've already seen these two change games - Taylor did so in the Blackburn home game in fact and maybe that was playing on Mowbray's mind.

We're in a great place right now and time will tell if we're able to mix it with the Boro,  Leeds and WBA's come the seasons end.

Talking of tactics, I think you were involved in the discussion on here after the Swansea game about how much room the fullbacks had and how it gave them an illusion of space, while we packed the penalty area? I noticed that West Ham used a similar method against Liverpool during the week, so maybe this is something LJ picked up on his European trip?

What I particularly enjoyed about the Swansea game was that a lot of their fans didn’t seem to realise just how far out of the game they were, just because they had “possession”.

Regarding this game, I think you are right to point out that the most significant thing was how worried Mowbray was about our substitutions. Word has clearly got around about our ability to change it up as the game opens up, we may see more managers making similar decisions in the coming weeks.

Archived