IGNORED

Lee Johnson and the winning run

reddogkev

16 hours ago, Spike said:

I think I'll really feel excitement come mid-April if we're still fighting for a playoff position I may begin to feel excited but as we have Middlesbrough, West Brom and Derby in April we could easily slip out with a few bad results.

Credit to LJ and the team for the fantastic run but there's still a long way to go.

Agreed, the only thing that makes me feel better about it is, it could also happen to the mentioned teams.

"He Who Dares Rodders" :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Leveller said:

I’ve never understood why people take a nice crunchy biscuit and then make it wet and soggy.

Silly dunkers.

There's nothing better than having something that is all hard and ending up with something that's all soggy, wet and limp.

17 hours ago, ATRUEREDBLUE said:

It's all down to LJ. In fact I think he is better than everything (except being in love). I challenge anyone to contradict the list below

Better than cream cheese and bagels
Better than honey on bread
Better than champagne and pretzels
Better than breakfast in bed
Better than chili rellenos
Better than chocolate e'clairs
Better than hothouse tomatoes
Better than fresh Bartlett pears
Better than dining a la carte
Or simply gastronomic art

Better than anything except being in love

Better than making a million
Better than being a queen
Better than oil wells and gold mines
Better than pastures of green
Better than finding a horseshoe
Better than losing your head
Better than anything ever thought of
Better than anything ever said
Ah, ha, better than singing right out loud
Or being, ha, spotted in a crowd (except at Ashton Gate or any away game)

Better than anything except being in love

Better than…

A Kwik Fit Fitter...

Anchor butter, cant put a better but of butter on yer bread...

13 hours ago, Leveller said:

I’ve never understood why people take a nice crunchy biscuit and then make it wet and soggy.

Silly dunkers.

Have a Hobnob. These biccys dont cry once they've been dipped like "Aahhhhhhh I'M MELTING!!!!" They're like "Come at me again bro!!!!!"

Peter Kay did a good skit regarding digestive biscuits vs hobnobs in one of his shows.

22 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Good post - i've said it already several times, we've got a bit of a hell of a run in. 

QPR, Norwich, Birmingham in Feb..

Leeds, Sheffield Utd in March..

Boro, Villa, WBA, Derby in April..

Hull last game of season.

Compared to most our rivals it's a tough run in and that's why I am, though loving the run, not getting carried away. It could be our that our league position is 'inflated' because of how the fixtures fall. I guess though the other side of the coin is if we win those games and take points off those around/above us, our standing in the league will obviously be even better.

The good thing about that run of games is that there is absolutely no danger of complacency and taking results for granted.

Every time we win, I do some mental gymnastics to try and figure out if automatic promotion is a possibility.

If the teams ahead of us slip up, there is an outside chance we could pip them to second. We're ten points behind the leaders, but if we could rotate our team and only drop a handdul of points in the final run-up to the season it's still possible, especially with the form at the top starting to dip. We'd need to go on a Leicester-style, "holy-*******-shit-they're-still-winning" run.

Realistically, I think the playoffs are an option, but again we'll need a mixture of consistency and keeping our players fresh. I can't think of a bigger fairytale story than LJ leading his club to a playoff victory after falling at the last hurdle as a player.

Archived