IGNORED

Drum In Away Ends

BessexRED

Polite request this, from myself and several other City fans I spoke to yesterday who shared the same view.

I can just about tolerate the drum at home games now, I don’t think we need it but in fairness to the drummer he’s usually okay. Yesterday can’t have been the same drummer, it was absolutely terrible and we don’t need a drum in away ends. 

Atmosphere at home games are pretty average as is the norm in this country, but our away atmospheres are still decent more often than not and a drum doesn’t help that, it sounds dreadful and it’s incredibly tinpot.

So, as I said, a polite request on behalf of me and many other City fans if the drummer reads this forum or someone knows him that can pass the message on — leave it at home.

8 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Absolutely right who gives you the right to say what creates a atmosphere fair play to the drummer if we can get a trumpet player as well bring em along the more noise generated helps the players , they say this at every interview so sing your hearts out till end of season COYR 

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes. It starts songs off, and also keeps songs going before they die out too quick. 

We don’t need some samaritan trying to “create an atmosphere” when there’s always a good atmosphere at our away games anyway.

As for the trumpet suggestion, jesus wept. 

Whoever it was they were absolutely horrendous at it. 

The drummer at home games is good and it can be effective, but that yesterday was doing my head in. Blackburn’s right back has the ball for example and they’re smacking it for no reason and to no tune, just purely for the sake of doing so. Bizarre and seemed like they just wanted a bit of attention. Bin it off I say.

44 minutes ago, Selred said:

I disagree. I think it helps the atmosphere & gets people singing which is very much needed. 

Not sure really why you and a few mates think you have a right to tell people what not to bring to games.....

Ahh, but what gives you the right to question the right of the person who has the right to question the right of the drummer who might be right, but equally might not be right?

Am I right?

5 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Polite request this, from myself and several other City fans I spoke to yesterday who shared the same view.

I can just about tolerate the drum at home games now, I don’t think we need it but in fairness to the drummer he’s usually okay. Yesterday can’t have been the same drummer, it was absolutely terrible and we don’t need a drum in away ends. 

Atmosphere at home games are pretty average as is the norm in this country, but our away atmospheres are still decent more often than not and a drum doesn’t help that, it sounds dreadful and it’s incredibly tinpot.

So, as I said, a polite request on behalf of me and many other City fans if the drummer reads this forum or someone knows him that can pass the message on — leave it at home.

Completely agree. I think we now rely on the drum at home too much, to the point where the atmosphere is poor without it. Away, however, our atmospheres are generally pretty good so there's no need for the drum - plus whoever was drumming at Blackburn was too overzealous with it and was doing my head in by the end!

Archived