IGNORED

Scholes

Super

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Scholes has just walked out on Oldham.....

Edit: Apologies, have just seen that @Superalready posted on this - he must be glued to all media outlets 24/7 - literally seconds after Stelling says anything about us on Gillette Soccer Saturday, he posts it on here! He’s better than Twitter!

Listening to talksport.

Agree with Harry to some degree.

scholes was always giving the special one grief (weren’t we all)

I think this coaching lark is harder than we all think but jacking in after a month is imho poor show.

Whenever I see one of the legends of the game having a go at management I think fair play despite their millions they are having a go and wish them success apart from derby mad frankie county this year.

Watching bt sport I always enjoy listening to Rio Ferdinand could he be next to give it a go?

Just read about it on the BBC website. It seems to imply that the owner was trying to get a bit too involved, and that Scholes felt that his position was "untenable".

Not a great record in his short spell either, so it's either a case of using the owners interference as an excuse, or it's a genuine "he wants to get involved then sod it, I can't be doing with this crap".

Will be another Gary Neville - back in the studio, or may be tempted by an assistant's role somewhere....

44 minutes ago, Taz said:

Just read about it on the BBC website. It seems to imply that the owner was trying to get a bit too involved, and that Scholes felt that his position was "untenable".

Not a great record in his short spell either, so it's either a case of using the owners interference as an excuse, or it's a genuine "he wants to get involved then sod it, I can't be doing with this crap".

Will be another Gary Neville - back in the studio, or may be tempted by an assistant's role somewhere....

It’s genuine. Owner always does it. Promised Scholes he wouldn’t but then did. I work in Oldham and none of the people I have spoke to are surprised by this 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

It’s genuine. Owner always does it. Promised Scholes he wouldn’t but then did. I work in Oldham and none of the people I have spoke to are surprised by this 

Makes you wonder why he bothered appointing someone so high profile in the first place then!!

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Fair play to him, if he was lied to in the recruitment process then why hang around? He doesn't need the money or the hassle.

Owner interferes - and manager walks.

Thank goodness that has never happened at Bristol City..........

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Yep, I was listening to Talksport driving home tonight and the sports reporter from the local paper up there was saying that lots of people warned Scholes not to touch the job as the owner interferes too much - he can’t say he wasn’t warned!

Archived