IGNORED

Doormen & Gangsters

Maesknoll Red

Do you recall the early bouncers documentry called bouncers set in bristol town center in about 2000 red?

This guy was posing as mr butlers brother in pubs along gloucester rd i think and demanding free drinks!

Wonder if he ever caught up with him?

Also about john palmer the boss of the jewlers on north street was withdrawing over a million a week from the barclays in bedminster :laugh:!

Good documentry about it on youtube.

Very interesting read. I guess you know this stuff goes on in Bristol but you close your eyes to it and hope you never get affected by it, pretty scary stuff. I accept innocent people do get caught up in this sometimes, but it’s nearly always dodgy characters taking out equally shady people. It doesn’t make it right, but those who play in murky worlds know the risks and as usual money, greed and status is king. 

I think the thing is you never know what’s exactly the truth or slightly more fiction.  I read/watched lots on YouTube on the Essex boy/Reteden murders from years back and felt like so many people were cashing in on making stories post murders etc. 

• Admin
On 11/02/2019 at 20:37, TomF said:

I think the thing is you never know what’s exactly the truth or slightly more fiction.  I read/watched lots on YouTube on the Essex boy/Reteden murders from years back and felt like so many people were cashing in on making stories post murders etc. 

People certainly do that Tom, you only have to go back a few years to remember the number of people who “ knew” the Krays.  Whereas in reality, the nearest most of them had been was a newspaper article or maybe a odd sort of pilgrimage to the Blind Beggar.

When I was younger, I knew a couple of guys involved in clubs in Bristol and London, it was a very murky world back then, but it was more about money laundering, the drug scene in the clubs, was different then.

Good read, did make me wonder who he was trying to impress with this line.?

Keen to impress, Baker had then Bristol Rovers midfielder, Stuart Sinclair, join them. But as always, the Cornerman lingered out of shot as the footballer and cage fighter were snapped alongside his grinning enforcer.

When I was younger I worked in a number of pubs, a couple on Gloucester road. The landlord paid protection money and every night someone would turn up just before closing for 10 mins, make sure all the punters were out and then go literally 15-20 mins max. One day we were told by the landlord to leave early, apparently someone was threatening the pub for protection money and they were coming to collect that night, the people he was paying protection to knew, and were coming to "explain" that they were barking up the wrong tree. I don't know 100% what happened, but the next day when I turned up for the morning shift their was broken glass, a broken mirror, place looked like parts had been ransacked and small pools of dried blood... someone had been seriously done over - I decided that maybe it was not the best place to work and a few weeks later had my first job in admin sat at a comfy desk, bouncer/doormen and drunkards (mostly) free.

Archived