IGNORED

Derrick Williams

hoxton casual

I never quite understand the “league one player” comment, when a guy has now played 78 times at this level (Champ).

I think we all agree he’s not a top end player at Champ level, but wouldn’t it be better if we said something like

• squad player at this level
  • bottom half team player at this level
  • not gonna set the world alight at this level, but ok

or something like that.  Rather than derogatory comments like ‘league one player’.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I never quite understand the “league one player” comment, when a guy has now played 78 times at this level (Champ).

I think we all agree he’s not a top end player at Champ level, but wouldn’t it be better if we said something like

or something like that.  Rather than derogatory comments like ‘league one player’.

Agree Dave. How would you term Bristol rovers players ?

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree. Surely being a key player in both a title win and a 2nd place finish in League One proves you aren't '"a League One player"?

9 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Agree. Surely being a key player in both a title win and a 2nd place finish in League One proves you aren't '"a League One player"?

Yeah right, a good team isnt made up of the 11 best individuals. Agard for example was a key player in two League One promotions but he quite clearly isnt a Championship level player.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of Blackburn fans have made comments - you must be aware that the vast majority of supporters of any club don’t post on forums....

I guess that’s the only percentage of Blackburn fans who we have the opinions of though, so you can’t argue that they rate him as a player as very few fans on social media say that. 

Going off yesterday he certainly isn’t a player who would get into a championship play off side, which is what Blackburn are hoping to be in the next few years

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I guess that’s the only percentage of Blackburn fans who we have the opinions of though, so you can’t argue that they rate him as a player as very few fans on social media say that. 

Going off yesterday he certainly isn’t a player who would get into a championship play off side, which is what Blackburn are hoping to be in the next few years

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15255630.derrick-williams-named-blackburn-rovers-player-of-the-season-for-201617/

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

2 years ago, look at their forum now it’s completely different. 

I’m sure many would have had Marvin Elliott down as one of our best players in 2008, yet a few years later he was hardly pulling up trees...

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

to be honest I don't think you can write players off, have said in the past adams was never the player without Vaughen(?) and personally I don't think Gerrard was as good without Alonso

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of Blackburn fans have made comments - you must be aware that the vast majority of supporters of any club don’t post on forums....

Next time I´ll remember to say all of the above before dare generalising so much, just to appease boring pedantic types

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

2 years ago, look at their forum now it’s completely different. 

I’m sure many would have had Marvin Elliott down as one of our best players in 2008, yet a few years later he was hardly pulling up trees...

Many liked him on Twitter last November ..... https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/04/tt-best-player-today-blackburn-rovers-fans-respond-as-derrick-wi/

3 hours ago, UREDS_91 said:

Looked good, did very well one point to get around three players. Should have done better at the far post but put the chance wide. 

And at that point one of our fans near me shouted something like ‘Get a bloody grip lads, that’s Derrick Williams doing that to you’ which made me smile.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Latest comments from the Blackburn fans that can be found by logging onto www.brfcs.com. Undoubtedly not the comments of all living Blackburn fans, but a good selection given the lack of other material:

..Don't get me started on bringingWilliams back in or the fact we like to makeWilliams our go to guy for free kicks and corners into the box. He get's his head on it but bloody hell has he ever got one on target. Worse than Duffy was.

Indeed if DerekWilliams knew how to head the ball in an attacking sense we probably would have won! I recall two examples of his terrible attacking heading; he does well to find positions but the end product from his head usually ends up in row z of the Blackburn end! I find it really frustrating...

...Williams did better than normal - all credit for getting where he did for our two best chances, no credit for what he did when he got there. It was sensible to have him on the pitch given the lack of central defense back-up. In retrospect probably would have been better to start with Rothwell...

Not much betweenWilliams and Bell for me , neither really good enough !

Williams was no worse than anybody else today and doesn't deserve to be singled out

..And the less said aboutWilliams the better.

...Williams is a liability at both ends,

..Controversial but I thoughtWilliams was pretty good and a marked improvement on Bell, but needs to learn to control his headers at goal better

...Williams and Smallwood showcasing why they’re league 1 players.

.as "solid" is not a word that comes to mind when it comes toWilliams playing left back (or at all, really).

...Hard to fathom the reason behind bringingWilliams back into the team otherwise. He's consistently proven himself to be one of our worst players over the campaign.

Aaargh i blamewilliams awful

Archived