IGNORED

Wolves v Newcastle worth a look/listen Monday night

Never to the dark side

32 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Correct. I'm sure they'll play a strong side against us. I'll be surprised if they take things lightly.

I expect them to play their strongest team. It will be a good test for us as we get to the business end of the season. If we can get a 2-1 win reversing the last time the teams  met, that will keep the confidence going and growing. 

Wolves will rotate a few for the game against us as I think we will.

Both of us will have oue big guns on the bench in case things don't go our way 

A lot of big teams out of the FA Cup, so a big chance for anyone left in to reach the final at this stage.

It's more a case of how much we will risk which could derail our promotion push.

I think Kelly and Palmer may start v Wolves.  Not sure what Lee might do up front or whether he will risk O'Leary at this stage of the competition (though he was quute happy to do so laat year in the FL Cup).

I also think he might rest a CB and push BW back there and give Eros a start at RB. He could also Start Eliasson in place of COD.

I am looking forward to it whatever approach is taken by both teams and will be even more up for it if we can bag another 3 points on Tuesday.

I'm hoping the Wolves game doesn't go to ET or pens though as I have promised to take family to the airport at 3pm (so could end up listening to it on the radio on the way).

It will be interesting to see how close Lee's thinking is to mine come the weekend.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Keeper should be stronger but it was a foul.

Don't think he was beating Boly to the ball anyway, its not a foul on an outfield player so why should it be a foul on the keeper who can use his hands for added reach. It would help if he jumped more then about 3 inches off the ground.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Don't think he was beating Boly to the ball anyway, its not a foul on an outfield player so why should it be a foul on the keeper who can use his hands for added reach. It would help if he jumped more then about 3 inches off the ground.

He pushes down on the keepers shoulders. A clear foul.

39 minutes ago, Super said:

He pushes down on the keepers shoulders. A clear foul.

Hardly, he touches the keeper for barely a second (probably with minimal force) after he's already beaten the keeper to the ball, it looks worse because of how badly Dubravka has screwed up, he's waited so long to go up for it and allowed Boly to do so first. Football is a contact sport, if things like this are given as fouls then it just makes the movement towards non contact closer, a keeper should have to challenge for a ball not just be allowed to jump freely for it.

9 minutes ago, hodge said:

Hardly, he touches the keeper for barely a second (probably with minimal force) after he's already beaten the keeper to the ball, it looks worse because of how badly Dubravka has screwed up, he's waited so long to go up for it and allowed Boly to do so first. Football is a contact sport, if things like this are given as fouls then it just makes the movement towards non contact closer, a keeper should have to challenge for a ball not just be allowed to jump freely for it.

But he stops him jumping as high as he could. It's a clear foul.

Archived