IGNORED

Sexism in football

daored

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I see it this way - former footballers now pundits will have played for numerous different managers and will have been privy to all the positional and tactical discussions throughout their careers and carry that knowledge with them into pundentry.

Female pundits, regardless of their knowledge and understanding of the game simply don’t have that depth of experience.

Does your last sentence apply if they have played professional footy?

23 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Does your last sentence apply if they have played professional footy?

To me, women’s professional football isn’t a patch on the men’s pro game. The top managers all want to manage in the EFL or PL -  unless the manager is female who wouldn’t have the same level of experience of male managers.

• Admin

Not so bothered about pundits, but I do listen to quite a lot of radio, 5live being the main channel and they have a couple or three women commentators that are getting more and more gigs, fair enough, but I don’t enjoy listening to them, one in particular, she sounds as if she is over emphasising most of the commentary and it grates so much with me that I turn off, which is a real shame, as I have enjoyed the 5live commentary and coverage for many years.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To me, women’s professional football isn’t a patch on the men’s pro men’s game. The top managers all want to manage in the EFL or PL -  unless the manager is female who wouldn’t have the same level of experience of male managers.

But if you look at how the FA suppressed the women's game they might be as good as the men. Maybe we should cut them a bit of slack until they have progressed. I would say like Rovers but I am not that mellowed.  

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Alex scott is on everytime i watch anything footy related , not that i mind as she is very attractive to look at , does that make me sexist or not ? 

I wouldn't have thought so. I like the look of Gary Lineker, Ian Wright, and some of the pundits during the World Cup (can't remember their names). I don't watch much football on telly plus I've never played the game, so perhaps I'm not qualified to comment.

5 minutes ago, reddoh said:

But if you look at how the FA suppressed the women's game they might be as good as the men. Maybe we should cut them a bit of slack until they have progressed. I would say like Rovers but I am not that mellowed.  

No they wouldnt

Cant think of any sport played by both sexes where women are better than men

13 minutes ago, reddoh said:

They’ll never progress to the level of the men’s pro game.

14 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Alex scott is on everytime i watch anything footy related , not that i mind as she is very attractive to look at , does that make me sexist or not ? 

Lucky Keys and Gray arent about anymore

20 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I agree, true I'm often thinking I wish she was in some sexy dress or skirt I admit ...but I do also think she's good at what she does so she keeps me watching for both reasons 

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

All this pc stuff annoys me, If a women is best places to comment on a football match then fair play to her, however, in my opinion she’s got that gig because she’s female, Sky are trying to hard. 

I was watching the cricket the other day and there was A female on their offering opinion and being very critical,  all i could think was when had there been a time when 4 West Indian bowlers come steaming in and tried to take your head off with a ball at 90mph. 

Agree on the above point though, there are some awful pundits, Sutton, lawrenson, Owen etc but that does not mean Scott can’t fall in to that bracket either..

No doubt i now get called a sexist pig blah blah blah.

Yeah totally how I feel. It's Sky ramming the PC rybbish down our throats which winds me up. 

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They’ll never progress to the level of the men’s pro game.

I am not sure they are way behind the mens game but the men Have say a 150 year head start I personally don't see why women can't be as good as men in any profession not just sport. mostly its about money.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html%3famp

I watched a bit of the women's 6 nations earlier. One thing that came to mind was "would my old team's under 16's beat this England side? " and I honestly think they would. 

Same goes for women's football. I went years without playing football and I entered a tournament where I was on the same side as a woman who plays in the woman's top division and has been called up to the England women's side. She was OK, but I was quicker, stronger, better in the ball, better tackler and I hadn't played football for nearly a decade. Yes I'd played rugby but it's totally different. She should have run rings around our opposition but it wasn't to be. Bit of an eye opener really to see the sheer difference. 

I think that's why some see it as such an issue because the level between men's and women's sport is ludicrous. 

8 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Its not just Sky

BBC ITV are just as bad

All seem to add a token female to the panel

What about ITV.

Loose Women has 4 token women on it every day!

:)

Archived