IGNORED

Dasilva

Davefevs

They're both very good left backs for this division, both have their merits and faults however, have to wonder whether we've potentially resigned to losing Lloyd in the summer and doing what we can to entice Jay to make the move by him being first choice at the moment. The fee is all agreed we need to convince Jay its the right move for him, is sitting on the bench behind Lloyd going to do that.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

They're both very good left backs for this division, both have their merits and faults however, have to wonder whether we've potentially resigned to losing Lloyd in the summer and doing what we can to entice Jay to make the move by him being first choice at the moment. The fee is all agreed we need to convince Jay its the right move for him, is sitting on the bench behind Lloyd going to do that.

Lloyd is a class act, when you look at Swansea away, but he is still prone to silly errors, like Norwich home..??

Dasilva is less spectacular or dominating, but makes less errors. Probably because he has more experience. 

We are lucky to have 2 quality options. At LB AND in most other positions. THAT is the main difference between last season and this season, imo. 

On 10/02/2019 at 22:06, Agard Days Night said:

Without the ‘one of our own’ blinkers on - streets ahead of Lloyd and we should be doing all we can to keep hold of him in the summer.

Class act yesterday.

Well we have agreed a deal to sign him, according to MA as long he wants to sign. No indication he will not unless we are gazumpted 

11 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Well we have agreed a deal to sign him, according to MA as long he wants to sign. No indication he will not unless we are gazumpted 

I assume we can be gazumped on price for the player and wages i.e. if another club offers 500k more than us they will be chosen above us by Chelsea and then it's for us to match it - we may essentially have a first refusal deal, then we have to convince the player to sign. 

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I assume we can be gazumped on price for the player and wages i.e. if another club offers 500k more than us they will be chosen above us by Chelsea and then it's for us to match it - we may essentially have a first refusal deal, then we have to convince the player to sign. 

If it's an agreed fee then it's literally just down to the player.

If another club comes in and offers 500k more then we're under no obligation to match them.

On 10/02/2019 at 23:06, Agard Days Night said:

Without the ‘one of our own’ blinkers on - streets ahead of Lloyd and we should be doing all we can to keep hold of him in the summer.

Class act yesterday.

Chalk and cheese , like comparing Wright with Elliasson.

Different players , different styles , both very , very good .

I love how he has just quietly got on with it, waited patiently for his chance (probably thought as a Chelsea loan he would get played ahead of Lloyd straight away) and now let’s the football do the talking. He has got all the tricks and skill without being showy. A very deceiving player, I’m sure many opposing players think they are going to be for an easy time against him, and they couldn’t be more wrong.

42 minutes ago, RedM said:

I love how he has just quietly got on with it, waited patiently for his chance (probably thought as a Chelsea loan he would get played ahead of Lloyd straight away) and now let’s the football do the talking. He has got all the tricks and skill without being showy. A very deceiving player, I’m sure many opposing players think they are going to be for an easy time against him, and they couldn’t be more wrong.

I know what you mean.

He goes about his business quietly and confidently. You can see he believes in his ability with ease. 

The forgotten man in many ways in our upturn of form.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Chalk and cheese , like comparing Wright with Elliasson.

Different players , different styles , both very , very good .

Yes you’re right, Major.

Comparing two players who are competing exclusively for left back is exactly the same as comparing an attacking winger and a centre back who is being played at right back. 

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

If it's an agreed fee then it's literally just down to the player.

If another club comes in and offers 500k more then we're under no obligation to match them.

I can't quite remember but I thought he either said "there is a deal" or "there is an agreed fee".

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I can't quite remember but I thought he either said "there is a deal" or "there is an agreed fee".

Bristol City CEO Mark Ashton says the club will be able to buy Jay Dasilva from Chelsea in the summer.

Dasilva is on a season-long loan at the Robins and Ashton has revealed in an interview with BBC Radio Bristol that he could well make a permanent move to the club at the end of the season.

The left-back's Blues teammate Tomas Kalas is also on loan at City, and Ashton did not rule out making his move permanent either.

Also: 

MA - "We're having discussions already around the squad for next season. (on Tomas Kalas) He's been a big influence in the dressing room and on the pitch. Jay DaSilva we have a pre-agreed option to purchase with Chelsea so we're in a good position with both....

10:20 - 7. Jan. 2019

2 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Bristol City CEO Mark Ashton says the club will be able to buy Jay Dasilva from Chelsea in the summer.

Dasilva is on a season-long loan at the Robins and Ashton has revealed in an interview with BBC Radio Bristol that he could well make a permanent move to the club at the end of the season.

The left-back's Blues teammate Tomas Kalas is also on loan at City, and Ashton did not rule out making his move permanent either.

Interesting, it's not explicit is it. We will be able to buy him but then so could anyone else? What if the agreed fee is £6m and is only really designed to be used if we get promoted.

I suppose it would take a lot more specific questions to know for sure. 

27 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

18 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Interesting, it's not explicit is it. We will be able to buy him but then so could anyone else? What if the agreed fee is £6m and is only really designed to be used if we get promoted.

I suppose it would take a lot more specific questions to know for sure. 

The next line on the Post story is a bit more specific:

"Jay Dasilva we have an option to purchase agreed with Chelsea, fee agreed all done.

"That can't change, it could change on the players' side if he decides he doesn't want to come but the fee is all agreed"

Archived