IGNORED

Unbeaten run and consecutive wins

MattWSM

1 minute ago, chowie said:

I thought Arsenal was in that group also and did we not match it under Danny Wilson?

Don't know about Arsenal, but I know we were starting to get close under Danny, and then got beat 1-0 at Sheff Wed real late on. Was there, and from memory we had got to about ten.

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Don't know about Arsenal, but I know we were starting to get close under Danny, and then got beat 1-0 at Sheff Wed real late on. Was there, and from memory we had got to about ten.

Found it, I thought we matched it, but no, got to 11.

2004: City finish third in the table, missing out on automatic promotion by just one point to Queens Park Rangers, despite recording a post-war club record 11 successive League wins between December-February and boasting the joint-meanest defensive record in the Football League with Doncaster Rovers.

On 10/02/2019 at 21:46, citydaisy said:

I love tormenting myself on this

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/league-table/predicted

and seeing where we may end up (has predicted scores sequences etc...)

I like this but I have seen that it predicts that Ipswich draw with Derby tomorrow which feels unlikely, especially since Sears is out injured for 9 months. 

On 10/02/2019 at 21:38, MattWSM said:

As we know the last time City lost was 2 nil at Leeds on 24th Nov.
Since then unbeaten in 14, 10 wins and 4 draws
Yesterday made it 6 straight wins in the league and 8 in total including fa cup.

Top of the form table with 18 pts and Blackburn 2nd with 12

Is there a website where we can check the history for sequences?

If you like stats :)

Posted this on a different thread yesterday. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/club-history/club-records/

1 hour ago, bcfcbird said:

I like this but I have seen that it predicts that Ipswich draw with Derby tomorrow which feels unlikely, especially since Sears is out injured for 9 months. 

It also predicts our unbeaten run to continue until 30th March! Only 3 defeats for the rest of the season according to that, Sheff Utd, Villa and Hull - all away.

On 10/02/2019 at 22:52, chowie said:

2004: City finish third in the table, missing out on automatic promotion by just one point to Queens Park Rangers, despite recording a post-war club record 11 successive League wins between December-February and boasting the joint-meanest defensive record in the Football League with Doncaster Rovers.

Lee Miller at Swindon going the other side of the post would have sorted that. Chaos Theory in action.

18 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Thanks.

I can't recall much about Billy Mercer. Can any one remind me what he was like as a player.

Billy “the fish” Mercer could have potentially been one of our best ever keepers but unfortunately he picked up a pretty bad injury which finished his career quite young. The fact that he is goalkeeping coach at Burnley with keepers they have tells you all about his talent.

Archived