IGNORED

14 games ago??

SCANTS-CTID

Not good at posting tables and what have you, but this was a report on our 16th league match, table on right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45999802

This is the one 12 league games and two cup games ago, just after we lost to a Leeds. I was just starting to look how far above the bottom three we were:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46244063

47 minutes ago, chowie said:

So we gained 9 points on Derby, shows how tough it would be to catch the auto places that have been mentioned.

Not really, when we were 14 points behind them Norwich (top) We are now 10 pints behind them (still top)

IF (big IF) we can beat them, away, then it becomes close, IF (big IF) we keep anything like our current form going. 

Difficult..? Yes. Impossible..? No. 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not really, when we were 14 points behind them Norwich (top) We are now 10 pints behind them (still top)

IF (big IF) we can beat them, away, then it becomes close, IF (big IF) we keep anything like our current form going. 

Difficult..? Yes. Impossible..? No. 

Got a game in hand too (but against Middlesbrough).

Win at Norwich and the chances of a genuine push go right up.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

One game at a time young James (sounds patronising or Brian Clough’s-like ?).

I'm keeping my feet on the ground.

Still don't think we will make the playoffs. Win the next 2 in the league and that may change.

I can't decide whether our run in is advantageous (in a weird way) or if I'm just looking at it in an odd way.

We have to play all the teams above us, and Derby, still. Every single one of those games is a huge opportunity to get a 3 point gain over one of the above sides. But at the same time it's 6 different games that could be the nail in the coffin for our hopes.

9 points from those 6 would be a good return I think, as long as we can get the results against teams lower down, which is easier said than done.

Interestingly I saw a "performances" league table earlier today that had us around 4th I think. Derby were down in 15th.

There was also an xG table done a few weeks ago where we were 6th and Derby were down in 16th. 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Still don't think we will make the playoffs. Win the next 2 in the league and that may change.

I can't decide whether our run in is advantageous (in a weird way) or if I'm just looking at it in an odd way.

We have to play all the teams above us, and Derby, still. Every single one of those games is a huge opportunity to get a 3 point gain over one of the above sides. But at the same time it's 6 different games that could be the nail in the coffin for our hopes.

9 points from those 6 would be a good return I think, as long as we can get the results against teams lower down, which is easier said than done.

Interestingly I saw a "performances" league table earlier today that had us around 4th I think. Derby were down in 15th.

There was also an xG table done a few weeks ago where we were 6th and Derby were down in 16th. 

Derby, Leeds, Boro (and us!) all have “form” for slipping away, in the past. 

Something is looking like we might be bucking that trend, whilst the others continue. 

Lets hope so..! ?

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We are improving our percentage of making playoffs....was only about 20% last week.

9262C825-4B68-4D54-8ED2-46284B1CB7E6.png

D5417B0C-7D2F-4B6B-983D-8E81D3F271B9.png

7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've seen these before but could someone explain what we are looking at please? I can't follow them. The way I read it, from the 60th minute onwards, we should have lost?

It’s expected goals (xG). Basically what chance of a goal each attempted shot / chance has. 

A penalty is 0.783 of a goal (approx 4/5). 

So although Blackburn fans will call Pisano’s goal a tap in, it would only be scored 1 in 2 at best. 

The graph shows how good our chances were and on chances alone a draw was probably fair.  

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's too late to do the maths, but I reckon we've gained the most points in that spell- at the very least the form team, coming force etc.

Under the radar? Good- one game at a time still the way to play it IMO.

We’re playing so well at the moment perhaps we could do two games at a time .

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At least commented TM............unlike you..............:sleeping:

Are you suggesting that TM didn't further the thread along? 

Last time I checked you made a completely irrelevant comment and TM sought to bring discussion back to the original point of the thread. 

Numpty. 

15 hours ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

Can anyone show me the league table from 14games ago? It would be interesting to see where we were! Thankyou 

https://fussball.wettpoint.com/en/tables/gamedays-championship-england.html

this website gives you the tables on each game day and for previous seasons

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

https://fussball.wettpoint.com/en/tables/gamedays-championship-england.html

this website gives you the tables on each game day and for previous seasons

https://fussball.wettpoint.com/en/tables/gameday/championship-england-17.html

think this is 14 games ago

Archived