IGNORED

Team for QPR

old_eastender

Surely this time around Palmer must start ahead of Pato, who after season's best performance against Swansea was back to meh against Blackburn.

I'd also start Pisano ahead of Wright as, despite his detractors on here, LF is their main creator and we cannot afford to have him pinging crosses into the box especially if Matt Smith is playing. I think Pisano would cope with LF better than Wright. BW always gives 100% but for me is a round peg in a square hole at RB.

Otherwise unchanged starting 11 from Blackburn for me. 

If we know anything about LJ, it’s that he’ll liaise with the Sports Science team and determine if people need to be rotated out for a reason other than form. The thing here is that this is our first Tuesday game for a while so the players haven’t benefited from the normal rest levels (IIRC, last time there was this quick a turnaround was around new year). There’s also the long game here - we’re going to have more Sat-Tues-Sat as the season comes to an end and we need to be able to manage that through the squad.

I can see a maximum of three changes - Pato and Weimann being rotated out for Palmer and Eliasson purely based on energy levels needed to perform in their current roles. The other candidate is Pisano for Wright as documented, but I have a feeling the back 4 will remain as is.

Either way, we have multiple players who we can be confident can come in and do a job - and that’s a great position to be in.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Agree Pisano will probably be in for Wright. I don't think he will start Palmer. Eliasson for Paterson and keep O'Dowda central. Kelly might well come in for Dasilva.

Pisano in for Wright and Kelly for DaSilva purely for height as expect QPR to be direct tomorrow 

21 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

I thought Paterson worked really hard Saturday was chasing down every ball and contributed lots towards the team for a great away win. His criticism on here is embarrassing 

What ? You mean like the poster on here who claimed he hadn't made a tackle in 2 seasons?  :whistle:

FF

Pisano Kalas Webster Kelly

Eliasson Brownhill Pack COD

Palmer

Diedhiou

I think he could go with that if he rotates. That said we have Wolves Sunday so he may wait to rotate until then. I don’t think rotating would hurt as everyone who plays has played at a high level. I think Kalas, Webster, Brownhill, Pack and Diedhiou are the key ones. As long as they are in there then I don’t mind a few changes. 

Expected line up for tomorrow?

I'll go with 2 changes to Saturday's starting XI, with Pisano and Palmer starting. 

Johnson may be tempted with the extra height that Kelly could provide from defending set plays, which QPR will be a danger from considering Freeman's delivery and Matt Smith's aerial prowess! Eliasson could also start ahead of COD...

Fielding

Pisano, Kalas, Webster, DaSilva

Pack Brownhill

Weiman, Palmer, COD

Fammy

Will be interested in their line up to. Unlucky somewhat to not go in ht ahead against us at their place in what looked result wise a comfortable  3-0 away win. Apparently they looked very good second half Saturday, with the Freeman/Smith combo giving them a lot of joy. Equally Smith looked knackered at the end and had taken a lot of knocks. If we give them space to play they can hurt us, but alongside that can leave themselves open a fair bit.

We have caught them twice on bad runs, in between they have looked a decent side and were pushing the play offs at one stage, so depends which QPR turns up. 

Also worth mentioning like us they are still in the cup but are on home on Friday v Watford. Should really not be worrying about relegation, but recent form means they should be prioritising our match but you never know, with little recovery time it’s possible they rest any marginal players for Friday. In fairness they are not the ten behind the ball type side, so expecting goals, hopefully more for us! We edged home v Rotherham and Bolton so we know no game is easy, just got to keep doing what we are doing and hope it is enough to keep the run going.

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Agree Pisano will probably be in for Wright. I don't think he will start Palmer. Eliasson for Paterson and keep O'Dowda central. Kelly might well come in for Dasilva.

Don’t see why Kelly should come in, Dasilva has been excellent and is far more of a threat going forward.

Pisano & Palmer to come in for Wright & Patterson - go straight for the jugular and get our goal difference up

8 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Don’t see why Kelly should come in, Dasilva has been excellent and is far more of a threat going forward.

Pisano & Palmer to come in for Wright & Patterson - go straight for the jugular and get our goal difference up

Get the sentiment but QPR quite compact on the road their collapse at West Brom aside- going for them could leave us vulnerable on the break.

A side who do better without the ball, so I feel it won't be as comfortable as many think it might be. I'd take a comfortable, professional 2-0 win no problem. A side who conceded 17 in 14 away games that WBA game aside, not perhaps a game to target for GD. Ipswich or Wigan, Bolton and Rotherham especially when they went down to 10 and perhaps Reading yes...QPR? Not so much.

Would like Palmer to start though!

Not going to be an easy game this. They'll be wounded after the penalty miss on Saturday and they aren't a bad side. 

Hoping they start with Smith and revert to route one as kalas and webster will deal with that easily. 

I'd bring Pisano in but bar that I'd keep it unchanged. Paterson has looked much better last couple of games (to the horror of some on here...) and I see no reason to drop him. 

Hopefully if we are looking comfortable we might see semenyo get 10-15 minutes as well

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It appears that LJ has found what he considers to be his best 11. Assuming there are no injuries I’d expect an unchanged team at AG tomorrow.

I’m not so sure, LJ talked of a busy period coming up and the need to rotate the squad.

I expect to see two or three changes to the starting line up based on that .

I disagree with the idea of not changing a winning team. The Championship is a long and hard league, and we need to rotate in order to keep players fresh. I'd say it's why we've had two years of winning runs, followed by losing runs - and why we've struggled a bit and why we're now on a winning streak.

IMO, if players aren't performing they should be rested, because for all we know they're not performing because they're tired. Every player should know that they've got a chance to be a starter, even if they've recently lost their place due to being tired.

I think there might be changes as others have said. Johnson talked about having a squad with depth and keeping them all happy.  I am sure it has been mentioned that Webster's training regime has to be managed to prevent injury, it wouldn't be a surprise to find that this extends to playing twice in 3 days. Perhaps moving Bailey Wright inside and bringing Eros in at right back. Dare I say it Bailey may be the better option if the game is going to be more aerial?  Kelly is a possibility as well, after all, it's not like we have had a completely settled side throughout the unbeaten run, but it's interesting how people tend to ignore that when we are playing well. 

12 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Surely this time around Palmer must start ahead of Pato, who after season's best performance against Swansea was back to meh against Blackburn.

I'd also start Pisano ahead of Wright as, despite his detractors on here, LF is their main creator and we cannot afford to have him pinging crosses into the box especially if Matt Smith is playing. I think Pisano would cope with LF better than Wright. BW always gives 100% but for me is a round peg in a square hole at RB.

Otherwise unchanged starting 11 from Blackburn for me. 

I haven’t seen much of QPR this season and assumed there were still playing 3 in the middle, of which one is Freeman...in effect how they played against us at Loftus Road.  In which case LF wouldn’t be in direct opposition to our RB.

However it appears of late that LF has gone back to LW (or RW on occasion), so, yes, will be up against whoever LJ picks at RB.

No idea what side LJ will pick, but I think we might see some fresh legs....mindful of Saturday against a physical Blackburn on a heavy pitch....but possibly mindful of having to have less possession / control v Wolves....and more chasing.

Diedhiou I think will start tomorrow (be key at the near post from set pieces), but will be rested on Saturday imho.  Kelly might too, for height reasons, but personally I’d stick with Dasilva.

I actually think Palmer will start tomorrow.

Whatever eleven us picked, it will be strong.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Just saying what I believe LJ will do. He likes rotating the full backs so wouldn't be surprised to see Pisano and Kelly. I think people might have forgotten how good Kelly was earlier in the season. One bad mistake in his last start, but generally he's had most wingers in his back pocket this season.

I hope LJ doesn't have the mindset of going for as many goals as possible. That's the kind of way we used to play and used to leave huge gaps for opponents to exploit. Just carry on doing what we are doing. This will not be easy as no game is at this level.

He hasn’t rotated at LB for quite a few games probably because of the impact Dasilva has had and providing that extra edge going forward. I don’t disagree with your comment regards Kelly but think Dasilva is a natural LB where Kelly I’m not so sure

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I’m not so sure, LJ talked of a busy period coming up and the need to rotate the squad.

I expect to see two or three changes to the starting line up based on that .

Let’s face it the Championship is more important than the FA cup so I still expect LJ to stick to his best 11 injuries excluded of course tomorrow.

Any changes could and probably will come on Sunday against Wolves.

Archived