IGNORED

Hardest set of fixtures in the league coming up - How many points?

Eastside Moonwalker

Been speaking to my mate who is a Leeds fan, he saw our fixtures and said if we can get through with 10 points with some of the teams we've got coming up we should be fighting for 3rd/4th easily. 

Just had a look and these are the standouts:

Norwich (a)

Brum

Leeds

Millwall (a)

Sheff Utd (a)

Boro (a)

West Brom

Villa (a)

pretty sure the last few games have us against Frank Lampard's Derby and Hull too, although I expect the top 5 will be basically set in stone by this point. 

I can see us getting between 7 and 10 points, those string of away games with Leeds and West Brom on either side won't be easy

On the positive side it gives us a chance to climb our way up through the top 6, there's no reason to fear any side the way we're playing currently. Our unbeaten run includes games against Norwich, Derby and Brum while we've also knocked back Stoke, Swansea and Blackburn who were in contention for the top 6 when we played them.

15 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

On the positive side it gives us a chance to climb our way up through the top 6, there's no reason to fear any side the way we're playing currently. Our unbeaten run includes games against Norwich, Derby and Brum while we've also knocked back Stoke, Swansea and Blackburn who were in contention for the top 6 when we played them.

So were Forest, no?

1 hour ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Been speaking to my mate who is a Leeds fan, he saw our fixtures and said if we can get through with 10 points with some of the teams we've got coming up we should be fighting for 3rd/4th easily. 

Norwich (a)

Brum

Leeds

Millwall (a)

Sheff Utd (a)

Boro (a)

West Brom

Villa (a)

pretty sure the last few games have us against Frank Lampard's Derby and Hull too, although I expect the top 5 will be basically set in stone by this point. 

I can see us getting between 7 and 10 points, those string of away games with Leeds and West Brom on either side won't be easy

Norwich draw

Brum win

millwall draw

sheffield win

boro win

west brom lose

villa lose

No easy games in the championship and if you want to be in the mix you gotta beat and compete against the best . We’ve done soo well I’m still thinking the bubble is gonna burst in true City style , maybe this time it will be different as we are in the ascendancy and not the downward spiral of last year . Great times to be a red 

All we can do is keep winning, keep taking it one game at a time and with good tactics, style as we currently have been using.

If we win our games, that piles pressure on those around- QPR at home which is of course a must win then on Wednesday Aston Villa have to go to Brentford who will be fired up as Smith returns to his old club- plus Brentford good at home anyway. Tough. Norwich away to Preston who have improved in recent weeks- draw? Sheffield United v Middlesbrough, points will be dropped by one and perhaps booth. Leeds at home to Swansea- you'd think Leeds should win that but feeling it won't be so easy. Derby away to Ipswich but written that off as an away win so kinda irrelevant.

Key thing here to beat QPR then that piles pressure on those above who still have to play the next night. WBA-Nottingham Forest? Expect a home win there on Tuesday night. Though Nottingham Forest have drawn quite a few, 8 out of 15 away from home  and WBA's home record only 9th so wouldn't entirely rule out a draw.

11 minutes ago, shelts said:

No easy games in the championship and if you want to be in the mix you gotta beat and compete against the best . We’ve done soo well I’m still thinking the bubble is gonna burst in true City style , maybe this time it will be different as we are in the ascendancy and not the downward spiral of last year . Great times to be a red 

Yes it is the first season since LJ came, that we are having a good run after Christmas. So let's be positive at least until results dictate otherwise.

I forecast a return from these seven games as between eleven and fifteen. But don't ask me from whom we will get them.

Just remember that back in 1976 we had to play both Sunderland and WBA away in March. Three points out of four!

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes it is the first season since LJ came, that we are having a good run after Christmas. So let's be positive at least until results dictate otherwise.

I forecast a return from these seven games as between eleven and fifteen. But don't ask me from whom we will get them.

Just remember that back in 1976 we had to play both Sunderland and WBA away in March. Three points out of four!

We had a strong run, not a stellar run but a strong run when he led us to survival. Think a 50% win ratio for a struggling side- not bad. 1.5 ppg, which is top 8 or top 10 when extrapolated.

We had a useful run  too in 16/17 to rally from Wigan away toi Brighton at away- yes we lost a couple but it was a strong run overall. Won 6, Drew 1 and lost 2- excellent!

It is clearly clicking for Webster and Kalas, we have only conceded one goal in seven league matches since boxing day! With that in mind, we shouldn't be scared of any team in the league, even if we do concede one the winning streak shows that we have the ability in this squad to score as well and then pick up points.

No team should worry us but at the same time every team should worry us. Not sure there are any teams in the league I’d expect us to hammer.

Starts tomorrow though. QPR will be tough. Win that and it is a great start to the tough run. Little distraction with the cup but minutes for squad players keeping them match fit. 

Then Norwich away where I expect nothing. 

The Birmingham at home which like QPR will be tough but a win would stand us in good stead. 

Preston away again expect nothing so anything is great. 

Leeds and Ipswich at home after. 3-4 points I’d hope for there. 

Then Millwall, Sheff U and Boro away. Those are the big ones. 0-3 points might push us out of the race a bit. 4-5 keep us in it. 6+ would possibly almost cement us a place in the top 6. 

Wigan & WBA at home. Again 3-4 points hopefully. 

Villa away is tough expect 0. 

Reading at home tough as they will be fighting relegation. Hopefully 3

Sheff Wed similar will be fighting and tough away game. Point would be nice

Derby at home at this point could be the battle for 6th. 

Hull away. They have faded some. Can see them on the beach at this point and if we need a win could be our most winnable of the season. 

Anyway not scared of any of them but is a real tough run. I think our depth can see us stay in it at worst until the last 2-3 games. Head says we fall off and finish 8th. Heart tells me we can steal a few more away wins 1-0 and sneak in the top 6. Either way i can’t see us not finishing higher thqn last season. COYR!

19 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

It is clearly clicking for Webster and Kalas, we have only conceded one goal in seven league matches since boxing day! With that in mind, we shouldn't be scared of any team in the league, even if we do concede one the winning streak shows that we have the ability in this squad to score as well and then pick up points.

That is a truly incredible stat.

I agree we should fear nobody in this league. None of those teams will be wanting to play us at the moment whereas LJ and the boys will be chomping at the bit to play them. Confidence, winning mentality etc is massive. 

Anything over 10 points would be a pretty tidy return from the next 7 I reckon? COYR

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The one game that stands out for me is Norwich away......tough, tough away game. If City get a result at Carrow Rd  then the writing really will be on the wall.

grffiti.jpg.a845a95802a32c0d54a15774e4ab0888.jpg

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

No team should worry us but at the same time every team should worry us. Not sure there are any teams in the league I’d expect us to hammer.

Starts tomorrow though. QPR will be tough. Win that and it is a great start to the tough run. Little distraction with the cup but minutes for squad players keeping them match fit. 

Then Norwich away where I expect nothing. 

The Birmingham at home which like QPR will be tough but a win would stand us in good stead. 

Preston away again expect nothing so anything is great. 

Leeds and Ipswich at home after. 3-4 points I’d hope for there. 

Then Millwall, Sheff U and Boro away. Those are the big ones. 0-3 points might push us out of the race a bit. 4-5 keep us in it. 6+ would possibly almost cement us a place in the top 6. 

Wigan & WBA at home. Again 3-4 points hopefully. 

Villa away is tough expect 0. 

Reading at home tough as they will be fighting relegation. Hopefully 3

Sheff Wed similar will be fighting and tough away game. Point would be nice

Derby at home at this point could be the battle for 6th. 

Hull away. They have faded some. Can see them on the beach at this point and if we need a win could be our most winnable of the season. 

Anyway not scared of any of them but is a real tough run. I think our depth can see us stay in it at worst until the last 2-3 games. Head says we fall off and finish 8th. Heart tells me we can steal a few more away wins 1-0 and sneak in the top 6. Either way i can’t see us not finishing higher thqn last season. COYR!

The players will consider it tough but that is why they are professional footballers who want to pit themselves against the best.

I have said before; if we get to the promised land then these fixtures would look simple by comparison. Of course they are not - but by comparison they are (if you get my drift)  

We are the only team in the entire English professional  leagues with 100% win rate. We should try and keep that going - no reason why not if we stay injury and ban free. 

Thing is we’re now entering that period in the season where the form book goes out the window. Teams at the top start dropping points and those at the bottom start fighting to stay up. 

We’re doing alright and not conceding many goals. Let’s get behind the boys and see where we finish!

4 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Norwich (a)

Brum

Leeds

Millwall (a)

Sheff Utd (a)

Boro (a)

West Brom

Villa (a)

Pretty sure fans of those teams are looking at their fixtures and thinking... Bristol City.. That won't be easy, they're flying at the moment.

Every game there is winable.

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure fans of those teams are looking at their fixtures and thinking... Bristol City.. That won't be easy, they're flying at the moment. they're nothing special, we should be beating these.

Archived