IGNORED

Potential Midweek Banana Skins for our rivals.

Port Said Red

A few games where points could be lost this midweek include.

Tuesday 
West Bromwich Albion V Nottingham Forest

Wednesday

Brentford V Aston Villa
Leeds United V Swansea City 
Preston North End v Norwich City

Sheffield United V Middlesbrough

I have highlighted the last game obviously because one or both of these teams above us will drop points. I think that Preston and Brentford are going to be very useful to us, they are both too far back to make the play offs (IMO) but are both in play off form. We have played Brentford twice already, when they were off form and got 4 points from them, PNE are still to have their usual win against us though. :( 
Lets not be the surprise result this week. 

Yeah, every week I look at the fixtures and think wow, three points would be huge. The surprising bit has been we keep getting those wins and sure enough look where we are. 

QPR might not be as routine a win as we're hoping but the table will defo look a beaut if we can notch another one.

Preston have hit a rich vein of form- if they get a draw or better v Norwich they may fancy their chances of a late charge at 6th, but tough games there for sure for quite a few teams in and around us.

I would have thought same about Brentford had they beat Nottingham Forest, We still have to go to Preston they'll fancy chances at home to us, Derby still have to go to Brentford- they will feel the same though their loss Saturday probably ended it for them after a good run.

If we win however, it will pile pressure on all of these. Especially those playing Wednesday.

let's not get ahead ourselves. Tuesday v QPR will be a tough game. They've been on a dreadful run since their 2-2 draw at Villa on New Year's Day. But as that game shows, they can score goals and take points away from home. They will be hurting after the 3-4 home defeat to Birmingham at the weekend, so difficult to see how they'll approach this one - whether to shut up shop and hope to hit us on the counter, or if it'll be an open encounter. Matt Smith is a danger of course, but I back Webster & Kalas against anyone striker in this division. 

In answer to the OP - I think any game at this level has the potential to go either way and certainly no team is running away with the league like Wolves did. I think Sheffield United will beat Boro and that does indeed give us a boost...IF we win our game! COYR!

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Tuesday 

Wednesday

Brentford V Aston Villa

I have highlighted the last game obviously because one or both of these teams above us will drop points. I think that Preston and Brentford are going to be very useful to us, they are both too far back to make the play offs (IMO) but are both in play off form. We have played Brentford twice already, when they were off form and got 4 points from them, PNE are still to have their usual win against us though. :( 

Forest make take a point from WBA

Brentford should beat Villa.

I fancy Swans to beat Leeds who are not in the best of form

And PNE are playing well enough to take a point from Norwich.

Sheffield v Boro could be a point each but more likely a home win.

IF we beat QPR we could end up gaining couple or three points on 'em.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

If Carlsberg did results................ :) 

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Tuesday 

Wednesday

Brentford V Aston Villa

...and we have our own banana skin to deal with!

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Tuesday 

Wednesday

Brentford V Aston Villa

Brentford v Villa? Rivals? ?

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I admire you optimism 

On 11/02/2019 at 10:46, Port Said Red said:

Tuesday 

Wednesday

Brentford V Aston Villa

Well I was right about them having their uses but suddenly I am not so sure that PNE are out of this

On 11/02/2019 at 16:33, bcfc01 said:

On 11/02/2019 at 20:31, sticks 1969 said:

I admire you optimism 

OK. So Swansea let me down.

But good results.

Next...

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I would say a good night for results for us

Even better Villa lost - they are a basket case of a club now.

I think if we could of handpicked the results ourselves we could not really have done much better, things certainly seem to be going our way at the moment.

5 hours ago, pillred said:

I think if we could of handpicked the results ourselves we could not really have done much better, things certainly seem to be going our way at the moment.

They do, but one game at a time is a good mantra to follow at this stage.

Going to be, as always, lots of twists and turns.

As mentioned above Preston’s form is a tad of a concern.

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

They do, but one game at a time is a good mantra to follow at this stage.

Going to be, as always, lots of twists and turns.

As mentioned above Preston’s form is a tad of a concern.

Brentford another one who could have a say, but in a good way- they could and will probably pose a nice banana skin to a lot of sides- not us though as we caught them at a decent time, in their lengthy downturn which included a transitional phase when their form especially on the road slumped! They are looking more like they were now pre-Smith departure.

Derby have to go there, Leeds and WBA do too...Middlesbrough whose home form isn't the best have to host them as do Sheffield United but should probably certainly beat them at Bramall Lane.

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brentford another one who could have a say, but in a good way- they could and will probably pose a nice banana skin to a lot of sides- not us though as we caught them at a decent time, in their lengthy downturn which included a transitional phase when their form especially on the road slumped! They are looking more like they were now pre-Smith departure.

Derby have to go there, Leeds and WBA do too...Middlesbrough whose home form isn't the best have to host them as do Sheffield United but should probably certainly beat them at Bramall Lane.

Good point re Brentford.

Also, and I have not checked this, according to a WBA fan calling into 606 on Saturday, a very unhappy WBA fan I might add, they have not won at home since Boxing Day!

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Good point re Brentford.

Also, and I have not checked this, according to a WBA fan calling into 606 on Saturday, a very unhappy WBA fan I might add, they have not won at home since Boxing Day!

I heard that too- think it's correct, their home record isn't quite that of a fortress this season.

Archived