IGNORED

Memories of a junior reds trip 1986

Oh Louie louie

This was my first away game and i recall it well.

Ruth was our leader she lacked mrs fudges directness but she was ok.

Now il tell you something if anyone deserves a statue of them in ashton gate somewhere its beryl.

Anyway we were promised a game of football and lunch against the junior magpies.

For some reason we didnt get the game of football or the slap up meal.

Then we lost 4 0 and i recall ruth wasnt happy on the way home on the coach.

Does anybody remeber ruth?

Im pretty sure around this time alan walsh missed 3 or 4 pens on the trot.

I'm surprised this is the first Junior Reds thread I've ever seen. I remember playing left wing against Millwall in Greville Smyth park. The changing rooms by the tennis club had a National Front graffiti on the outside wall!

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I can recall 2 brothers from long ashton and one was a ball boy.

And another 2 from bemmy down.

Happy memories of g block

I was a founding JR member from Bemmy Down School. Think it was 1985 to 1988 era maybe.

I remember Ruth and Scott (name just came to me re older guy in above post) can’t remember much about other memebers. I remember one girl from Bris ?

I didn’t go to any of the away games, but I was in the Junior Reds. I’m pretty sure I remember Ruth - was she the one with short-ish hair who used to sit in G Block of the Dolman?

I have vague memories of going to a Junior Reds party (maybe a Christmas or end of season one?) up in the old Supporters’ Club bar and dancing to Agadoo. The joy of crappy novelty music from the 1980s ....

16 minutes ago, Offside said:

I didn’t go to any of the away games, but I was in the Junior Reds. I’m pretty sure I remember Ruth - was she the one with short-ish hair who used to sit in G Block of the Dolman?

I have vague memories of going to a Junior Reds party (maybe a Christmas or end of season one?) up in the old Supporters’ Club bar and dancing to Agadoo. The joy of crappy novelty music from the 1980s ....

She had short hair yes, I remember those parties, I once went fancy dress as Gyln Riley (basically full kit and a wig) and the man himself showed up. Also remember some home games we had against visiting kids in the Williams car park.

Wow Chowie :laugh: i recall the fancy dress party.

Pretty sure it was the end of the 85 season cause i went as john shaw in a swimmers cap.

I recall a few players turning up in the bar, Terry cooper and clive middlemas turned up.

I recall the pictures of haliday scoring against the gas in the cup hadnt been up long.

Also its good to know ashton park and bedminster down could put diffrences aside to unite under the jr banner.

I just got a programe from the 85/85 season against rotherham out my loft.

That bag of crap tommy tynan was upfront for rotherham that day,

Gordon moores fave food is steak.

And intrestingly David moyes was sponsored by pogsons the butchers st johns lane!

I digress on the jr page ruth just signs off as ruth.

I have thought of another lead though. She had a nice grey coat.

Junior Reds, now those were the days! Must have been late 80’s or early 90’s for me. Whatever happened to this? Anyone know why and/or when it ended?

I remember playing a few games for them over the park and a few away trips as well. Brentford away being a particular one as we got to go on a tour of Wembley prior to our big game.

What a shame something like this isn’t still running for today’s young ones. Games against other clubs were great!

Went on a few away trips in the mid 90s with the junior reds. Always played a game in the morning so even places like Birmingham meant leaving around 7am! I remember it was ran by a guy called John and his wife but i cant recall his surname. Was always weird being sat in the home and though!

55 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

Went on a few away trips in the mid 90s with the junior reds. Always played a game in the morning so even places like Birmingham meant leaving around 7am! I remember it was ran by a guy called John and his wife but i cant recall his surname. Was always weird being sat in the home and though!

Banks :)

Johns on here - @generation1

The wife was (is) called Claire.

My memory isn’t fantastic they just happen to be my parents....

Archived