Crowd v Wolves

Marlborough Red

35 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Just done a count up. Home tickets remaining as follows:

Dolman 2262

South Stand 1496

Lansdown 2634

Total 6392 

That is a lot of unsold SS tickets. It`s mostly STs in there so a lot haven`t bought their seats (although they might be sampling the view from a different stand I guess).

Looking like about 17-18k then.

3 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Looking at the OS it seems the take up for home tickets for the 5th Round Tie v wolves is awful, despite excellent prices .

Would have expected at least 20,000 and was hoping for  our first sell out. Surely most fans can find a family member or friend to go with them at these prices. I'm taking 2 grandchildren and  my Brother in Law. First time this season.

Come on City fans - record the game on TV and  get to the Gate and back them to get to the Quarter Final.

To be honest . Wolves isn’t a massive draw  after playing them a lot in the league over the last ten years. The leagues the priority for me and it being on telly and on a Sunday . I’ll keep my £15 in my pocket ta. 

To the people who are not going you really don't need to fill up this topic with your reasons. It really is OK for you not to go but you just don't need to justify or debate just dont go. Let the rest of us go and enjoy our team take on the chance to play and test ourselves (yet again) against a higher standard of opposition in a competition full of history and prestige and one we could just a go little deeper into if we get behind our team and forget it is 1pm on a snoozy Sunday.

There are really no reasons to be a negative City fan at this moment in time!

I would have thought even if regulars from further afield who cannot necessarily make these slots...surely quite a few locals, lapsed fans who have perhaps been priced out in say the last 20-25 years as prices have risen...£12 very reasonable for a 5th Round FA Cup tie vs a team in the top third of PL.

I know regulars have seen Wolves pretty often down the years- last 3 in fact- but would have thought that demographic of the fanbase may have looked at this one a bit more readily.

I wonder if there are any figures out there for how much 1pm or just Sunday slots take off average attendances- not just talking here but across the board. Just how the game is now really- better you get, the more shifting about takes place- mind you this season has had a ridiculous number. I'm not convinced it is so high personally but some figures would be interesting.

I can’t believe the apathy towards this game..! I think it’s a really exciting, exceptionally well priced fixture, against a very good premier league side. 

I fully agree that Sunday 1pm is not as attractive and some people have commitments that will make it not possible, but to not go because it’s not their preferred KO time is incredible, anyway, let alone with how we are doing at the moment..!

If we get through on Sunday, a part of me hopes that Man Utd/Man City at home in the next round if put on a Sunday lunch time. I’ll enjoy having the extra space and shorter queues, seeing as so many won’t bother it, because they can’t bring themselves to bother attending at that time. 

On a side note.... why don’t the club do cup match vouchers anymore..? It would sway a few more to “bother” if they knew they’d get a second priority voucher for 1/4 tickets, should we get there. 

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can’t believe the apathy towards this game..! I think it’s a really exciting, exceptionally well priced fixture, against a very good premier league side. 

I fully agree that Sunday 1pm is not as attractive and some people have commitments that will make it not possible, but to not go because it’s not their preferred KO time is incredible, anyway, let alone with how we are doing at the moment..!

If we get through on Sunday, a part of me hopes that Man Utd/Man City at home in the next round if put on a Sunday lunch time. I’ll enjoy having the extra space and shorter queues, seeing as so many won’t bother it, because they can’t bring themselves to bother attending at that time. 

On a side note.... why don’t the club do cup match vouchers anymore..? It would sway a few more to “bother” if they knew they’d get a second priority voucher for 1/4 tickets, should we get there. 

I'd be guessing but with around 15k season tickets and a fair few thousand members vouchers wouldn't really be necessary as we'd probably get to around 3/4 capacity with just these groups?

Agree with every thing else you've said there though! 

15 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Club should have told BT   thanks but no thanks !

Why would they, we could of had just enough snow and ice to make it almost impossible to get to the game yet conditions still possible for the game to be played, think SheffWeds last season. We’ve took the tv money as insurance and crossed our fingers that people will attend.

For the record, I am going after boycotting earlier rounds.

58 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I do agree with pretty much all you say. When was the last time we were this far in the FA Cup for one, v the best of the rest I'd say in the PL- who also capable of competing on their day with top teams, yeah it is a good tie.

£12? Great! As you also rightly say we are flying, 14 unbeaten at this level (granted 2 are Cup games) but whichever way you look at it in all competitions no loss since November 24th is exceptionally good.

We have a chance of going through too and making modern history- first FA Cup quarter final since 1974 I believe! First time in a generation and a bit more if we were to win.

The Sunday kickoff isn't terrific- I get that, atmosphere and that isn't always the best at that time- but I'm really looking forward to this one- plus we owe Wolves!

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I would have thought even if regulars from further afield who cannot necessarily make these slots...surely quite a few locals, lapsed fans who have perhaps been priced out in say the last 20-25 years as prices have risen...£12 very reasonable for a 5th Round FA Cup tie vs a team in the top third of PL.

I know regulars have seen Wolves pretty often down the years- last 3 in fact- but would have thought that demographic of the fanbase may have looked at this one a bit more readily.

I wonder if there are any figures out there for how much 1pm or just Sunday slots take off average attendances- not just talking here but across the board. Just how the game is now really- better you get, the more shifting about takes place- mind you this season has had a ridiculous number. I'm not convinced it is so high personally but some figures would be interesting.

The club clearly anticipated a poor take up, and has done all it can in terms of ticket prices. The shame will be that a packed Atyeo will make a lot more noise than maybe 14,000 home fans spread around the other three stands, making a far less hostile environment than it might normally be for Wolves.

I think we will need every advantage available, so hope there's a surge in sales over the next few days.

Archived