IGNORED

Ramsey.

stephenkibby.

It’s crazy. Essentially an Arsenal squad player is 400k a week?! This is not Messi or Ronaldo. I guess you cannot blame Ramsey as it sets his family up for generations. 

His agent must be one hell of a negotiator. Going to get him to negotiate my next house. On same basis I expect to pay £2.25 

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If you were a player these days, at the top of your game, it can def be in your favour to let a contract run down, cause you basically get what would have been the transfer fee all to yourself!  Don’t blame the player, blame the game!

Thatmay be so, but ramsey and bale were both brought up in cardiff as far as i know. A weeks pAy from them 2, would sort out a new homeless shelter, another weeks pay would sort out new 4g pitches for the kids there to play sports. They could make a real difference to the community they grew up in... how much money do they need?

either way, ramsey isnt that good, hes manAged to blag a kings ransom

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If you were a player these days, at the top of your game, it can def be in your favour to let a contract run down, cause you basically get what would have been the transfer fee all to yourself!  Don’t blame the player, blame the game!

Yeah  agree with you anybody in their right mind would take as much as they can get.

But it's gone from, it's a short career make it while you can, to get a good deal for 2 years and i'm set for life.

And we know who are paying at the end of the day, it ain't the ****** club owners.

16 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Thatmay be so, but ramsey and bale were both brought up in cardiff as far as i know. A weeks pAy from them 2, would sort out a new homeless shelter, another weeks pay would sort out new 4g pitches for the kids there to play sports. They could make a real difference to the community they grew up in... how much money do they need?

either way, ramsey isnt that good, hes manAged to blag a kings ransom

True but why is it only footballers get called out for how much they earn? Nobody ever says about Rory McIlroy, “bloody overpaid golfers” or about Tom Hanks “bloody overpaid actors”.  Mayweather earned $275m from that joke fight with McGregor!  But if people pay the subscriptions to watch, then why shouldn’t he get it?

Problems in society need to be solved by the government, not a small number of people who have done well for themselves.

5 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah  agree with you anybody in their right mind would take as much as they can get.

But it's gone from, it's a short career make it while you can, to get a good deal for 2 years and i'm set for life.

And we know who are paying at the end of the day, it ain't the ****** club owners.

It’s the armchair fans with sky sports subscriptions who are paying for it mostly!

Whikst it’s clearly crazy money, it’s worth looking at how much the premier league players pay in taxes, and contribute in other ways, my company does Analysis for the Prem and the players may well get paid loads, but they pay into the system a lot.

i can’t find the latest report but here’s one from a few years ago, it’s a good read: https://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/EY_-_The_economic_impact_of_the_Premier_League/$FILE/EY-The-economic-impact-of-the-Premier-League.pdf

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

True but why is it only footballers get called out for how much they earn? Nobody ever says about Rory McIlroy, “bloody overpaid golfers” or about Tom Hanks “bloody overlaid actors”.  Problems in society need to be solved by the government, not a small number of people who have done well for themselves

Ok you are right in what you say. But I don't go and see a Hanks film or go and watch Mcllroy . But I hate what has happened to the game that has captivated me for 50 years.

Will always love the City but the premier league and all that it stands for appals me.

On a brighter note my better half is coming to the gate tomorrow nite.  Her first game since Cardiff in the play offs!!!!

The new transfer movement - sign free transfers and pay the player the transfer fee. 

Encourages more and more players to run down their contract than ever before and get an even bigger pay day for both player and agent. 

Exactly what Ramsey has done, as is Welbeck. 

Might not be long till it happens to us....I can think of a one or two. 

Up to clubs to keep players more than 2 years 'in' contract, which will drive wages up even more. 

6 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Everybody saying he is an overrated player on here, don't personally have a view either way, but it just shows football fans know absolutely bugger all. Literally every top club in Europe was after him, so they must know something!!!

We saw with the sala transfer that the agents were inventing interest from west ham and everton in a bid to stimulate interest in him, which ended up with cardiff going for him. That talk of preliminary talks with barcelona is highly suspicious, probably to the extent that someone spoke to barcelona, they tried to work out who ramsey was, then quickly politely declined when they worked out they had enough cover for their reserve team midfield.

11 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Ok you are right in what you say. But I don't go and see a Hanks film or go and watch Mcllroy . But I hate what has happened to the game that has captivated me for 50 years.

Will always love the City but the premier league and all that it stands for appals me.

On a brighter note my better half is coming to the gate tomorrow nite.  Her first game since Cardiff in the play offs!!!!

Don’t get me wrong, I agree the money is obscene, but football has basically caught up with the rest of the entertainment industry, which has always paid crazy money to its stars!

my wife enjoyed the odd game, especially the chant ‘she’s a whore’!  

41 minutes ago, Xspence said:

It’s crazy. Essentially an Arsenal squad player is 400k a week?! This is not Messi or Ronaldo. I guess you cannot blame Ramsey as it sets his family up for generations. 

His agent must be one hell of a negotiator. Going to get him to negotiate my next house. On same basis I expect to pay £2.25 

The difference is that id the gent acted for you in selling your house you would pay his fee.

Acting for Ramsey (his client) and negotiating a deal with Juventus, screwing them out of millions, Juventus will probably end up paying Ramey's agent's a big fee - how does that come about?

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

The difference is that id the gent acted for you in selling your house you would pay his fee.

Acting for Ramsey (his client) and negotiating a deal with Juventus, screwing them out of millions, Juventus will probably end up paying Ramey's agent's a big fee - how does that come about?

Emre Can's agents received 16 MILLION EUROS from his free transfer to Juve. 

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Emre Can's agents received 16 MILLION EUROS from his free transfer to Juve. 

Paid by Juventus?

If so then it makes no sense as surely his fee should come from Can - his client.

As has been suggested elsewhere in this thread, you can understand a player letting his contract run down, as moving as Ramsey has done her will set him and his family up for life , and some more. However, given the level of agents fees involved you have to wonder how often an agent engineers this type of situation only to feather his nest, and not necessarily to enhance his client's career.

10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Paid by Juventus?

If so then it makes no sense as surely his fee should come from Can - his client.

As has been suggested elsewhere in this thread, you can understand a player letting his contract run down, as moving as Ramsey has done her will set him and his family up for life , and some more. However, given the level of agents fees involved you have to wonder how often an agent engineers this type of situation only to feather his nest, and not necessarily to enhance his client's career.

This is exactly what's happening. 

Agents suggest players run their contracts down so they have more bargaining chips and have now manufactured it that (where there is competition for a player, Ramsey had interest from Inter, Real, PSG, Bayern, Barca) - the player and agent get what would have otherwise been a multi-million pound transfer fee. Clubs pay agents fees.

Yes, Juve paid Emre Can's agents 16 million euros for that move.

5 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

If that's true?  he well worth the money given how many late nites he must have put in to that deal.

It's amazing how a player worth 4 quid can generate a multi million deal.

Yes - Juve are a PLC so all this is reported and will be over Ramsey too eventually.

EDIT _ IN 2017 for example they spent 50 million euros on "Player registration expenses"

55 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

True but why is it only footballers get called out for how much they earn? Nobody ever says about Rory McIlroy, “bloody overpaid golfers” or about Tom Hanks “bloody overpaid actors”.  Mayweather earned $275m from that joke fight with McGregor!  But if people pay the subscriptions to watch, then why shouldn’t he get it?

Problems in society need to be solved by the government, not a small number of people who have done well for themselves.

In addition,  if they didn't earn the money,  the club's would keep it all for themselves.

Shareholders getting rich, while the players who earn it make peanuts would most definitely be worse.

Played are absolutely entitled to their slice of the pie!

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Agents suggest players run their contracts down so they have more bargaining chips and have now manufactured it that (where there is competition for a player, Ramsey had interest from Inter, Real, PSG, Bayern, Barca) - the player and agent get what would have otherwise been a multi-million pound transfer fee.

Juve have paid Can's agent 16 mill. Are paying Ramsey400g a week.

Maybe if they pay West Ham say 12 mil  for Andy Carrol they could be challenging for  the Champions  League.

Mind he's agent would want another 12 as Andy is a sought after man.

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Agents suggest players run their contracts down so they have more bargaining chips and have now manufactured it that (where there is competition for a player, Ramsey had interest from Inter, Real, PSG, Bayern, Barca) - the player and agent get what would have otherwise been a multi-million pound transfer fee. Clubs pay agents fees.

Why did Juve pay him - how much work did he do on Juventus's behalf?

Of course the reality is that his client is never going to give up £16m of HIS money to pay HIS agent for working on HIS behalf in negotiating the deal that sets HIM up for life, so the agent tells the buying club that if they want the player ( which he knows they do ) then they ( who have the money) will pay his fee or the deal won't happen and another club will get the player.

Needs clubs to grow a pair and start telling agents to get paid by their clients , but because money oils all the wheels of top level football, this will never happen.

4 minutes ago, The turtle said:

In addition,  if they didn't earn the money,  the club's would keep it all for themselves.

Shareholders getting rich, while the players who earn it make peanuts would most definitely be worse.

Played are absolutely entitled to their slice of the pie!

...and agents are entitled to their slice of the player's slice of the pie, but they want their slice to come from the same pie the player is getting his slice from ( if that makes sense!).

Archived