IGNORED

Light shows

Fpcity

7 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Great argument ?

If I want a light show I will go to see Muse. 

Fans used to create atmosphere themselves not really on light shows and fire works. 

Its a shame that 95% of grounds are now very quiet especially if the home side isn’t winning. Most teams literally only sing when they’re winning

28 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Just saw a clip of it and blimey people really want that down the gate? This isn’t American football.

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Another step away from football as I used to know it!

Everything changes all the time, there are times I would prefer to be stood on an open terrace with a 6 pack but I get that from local non league teams now (not quite the scale but still good fun). 

Saturday has become a stream events - look at the fan village, sport's bar. These are good things for everyone and if you don't want them you don't need to use them and I guess it's the same with a light show, if you want to carry on drinking in the pub or on the concourse then no one is going to force you to watch it.

Go and see muse then.

I've been watching football since the early 70s and it's changed massively. Change with it or find something else to do. 

Granted light shows aren't what I go to see, but who really cares. Are you still upset that they have proper cross bars instead of a piece of tape? A roof on the stand to protect the fans? Referees having cards to indicate their decisions?

Just enjoy the game and don't fret about its evolution. 

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Fans used to create atmosphere themselves not really on light shows and fire works. 

Its a shame that 95% of grounds are now very quiet especially if the home side isn’t winning. Most teams literally only sing when they’re winning

Sorry but football has been like that for the nearly 30 years I have been going other than the odd big occasion. 

Are you sure your not just looking back with Rose tinted glasses? Because I can't imagine there was a great atmosphere when we were falling through the leagues. 

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Sorry but football has been like that for the nearly 30 years I have been going other than the odd big occasion. 

Are you sure your not just looking back with Rose tinted glasses? Because I can't imagine there was a great atmosphere when we were falling through the leagues. 

Gotten worse over last 10-12 years. Not just talking Ashton Gate. Most stadiums 

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Don't want our team to be singing at all while they're playing tbh.

Be nice if the fans did a little more though.

3 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Just about to watch the Wolves game and noticed that they do a light show before the game. Think I've seen Arsenal do it as well. 

Looks pretty good, is it something we can do? Or would you need special floodlights. 

I think that instead, we should simultaneously start all of the hand driers in the stadium, making a great noise and in doing so, help conquer global warming and reduce the temperature of the planet with the ensuing icy blast. 

Just watched a bit of the light show on YouTube. I'm not against changes despite being in the 'middle aged' fan category. But it was a bit jarring.

I've seen a fair number of games at the Millennium Stadium and Wembley where they occasionally get the pre-match atmosphere going pretty well. Gradually building with music that means something to both sets of fans etc.

The problem is that when too much  effort goes into artificially raising the atmosphere (like Wolves' theatrics) what then follows at kick-off can be very flat. Everyone has been watching the show instead of being part of it.

The music and lights fade leaving you with 22 blokes kicking a ball around. The perfect anticlimax.

Atmosphere comes from adrenalin.

We need games that mean something and opposition teams that we as fans really want to beat. Local derbies tick those boxes. Unlike a lot of London, midlands and north west/east clubs, we don't have any other local teams to play. I heard a rumour that there is another professional club in Bristol but all the evidence indicates they aren't good enough to be amateurs.

• Admin
11 hours ago, miser said:

Surprised that people are getting agitated by this. As we keep all the interior lights on for the match, any light show will be a bit muted.

I haven't seen last nights lights, was the ground in darkness apart from the flashing lights?

Wonder how they get away with not having safety lights on ?

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I haven't seen last nights lights, was the ground in darkness apart from the flashing lights?

Wonder how they get away with not having safety lights on ?

Yes it appears to go totally dark prior to the show at a time when thousands of fans will be leaving the concourse and entering the stadium. You can imagine how difficult it must be walking down steps with flashing lights going on around you. 

Archived