IGNORED

Are you travelling by train from South of Bristol for QPR game?

phantom

• Admin

Be warned that there are NO TRAINS heading southbound after the game, there are new tracks being laid between Bedminster and parson Street so the only way home is on a rail replacement service 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLOwill be useful if this information can be included in the travel details for the qpr game on the club website 

Screenshot_20190211-202709_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190211-202652_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Admin
2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Thanks. I was telling my Dad about this earlier. I’ve been trying to work out where the bus will stop at Parson St without blocking the road; told him to pop into Weston station to find out although no doubt will be obvious on the night. 

Screenshot_20190211-204101_Samsung Internet.jpg

56 minutes ago, phantom said:

Be warned that there are NO TRAINS heading southbound after the game, there are new tracks being laid between Bedminster and parson Street so the only way home is on a rail replacement service 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLOwill be useful if this information can be included in the travel details for the qpr game on the club website 

Screenshot_20190211-202709_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190211-202652_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks, I’ve emailed the media team with this link.

Whether you will be using Parson Street or not.

If you are using the train to get to the game,PLEASE,get the ticket issued to PARSON STREET.

It will still push up the footfall at P.S even though you may not be using the station.

Thanking every one for their support towards OUR local football railway station

23 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Am I the only person who blindly assumed this thread had been started by NTTDS when I saw the title?

Good info though :)

I did and then expected the opening post to be about a discount offer on a tea and crumpet snack box from the buffet car

Uh this is going to sound a bit weird guys but anyone from bedminster aged 40 upwards will confirm this.

There used to be a chinese guy who used to sit down parson street and tape the sound of trains.

Used to see him about bemmy with his walkman on and id say what are you listening to mark simple minds? U2?

And he would say no im listening to the 932 to tiverton parkway!

29 minutes ago, Neo said:

I did and then expected the opening post to be about a discount offer on a tea and crumpet snack box from the buffet car

Don't be ridiculous. Asked the Buffet Bloke on a Manc to Bournemouth service yesterday what sandwiches he had and may as well have implored him to flog me a quart of dilithium crystals.

"I didn't order any..."

Didn't bat an eyelid when I asked if he thought he was in the wrong job?

33 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Uh this is going to sound a bit weird guys but anyone from bedminster aged 40 upwards will confirm this.

There used to be a chinese guy who used to sit down parson street and tape the sound of trains.

Used to see him about bemmy with his walkman on and id say what are you listening to mark simple minds? U2?

And he would say no im listening to the 932 to tiverton parkway!

Not track one, or track two then...

This wasnt his main hobby rob.

Again this is going to sound strange.

He used to hang about the arcades in east street offering to buy the insoles of your trainers for a pound.

A lot of currency in a bedminster arcade in the 80s.

What he did with the insoles i dont know, i was told he made models.

It was not uncommon to see a middle aged women punching or kicking him in bedminster well shouting i just paid 20 pounds for those traoners.

Archived