IGNORED

Bristol City vs QPR Match Day 31

Unan

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

That really was a game of two halves, looked half a yard off the pace physically and mentally in the first half, but improved in the second, showed some grit and determination, even if it wasn’t one of the season’s best performances.  Fair play to Famy, it would have been easy to let that cheating before he took the penalty get to him.

What happened before the penalty was taken?

1 minute ago, Reigate Red said:

and hoping Ipswich suddenly find some form.

Will certainly be paying close interest to results tomorrow.

Love ipswich to do something but I doubt it. If I had to pick a winner rather sheff utd did it, more chance finishing above boro and maybe put some points between us and 7th before the next lot of fixtures 

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Does that mean no can make comments based on what they have just observed, it was fairly obvious Smith was a danger and we weren’t looking sharp.

Have I said that?  You and others should read what I have written and think about what I am saying. 

I am saying that people who say we aren’t good enough (overalls for a play off place) after one bad half need to have a rethink.

Have I said that the team cannot be criticised? No. 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

One poster said he knew we wouldn’t get play offs!  Haha. Just won 8 in a row and had one bad half. He couldn’t wait to see how game planned out. Decided we weren’t good enough to get play offs after one bad half. 

Find it funny how I get loads of stick for pointing out that some people can’t wait to say we aren’t good enough 

i must have missed that post, care to quote it for me?

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Putting a capital S in Dasilva is hardly appalling is it? 

Although 'Staying at Tamara's' is a cracking song... 

Fair play....but you called him Da Silva - two words - but it’s one....anyway, enough of this tripe! I dunno how we did that after a poor performance but we somehow keep winning! What the hell is going on?! I just hope if we capitulate against Wolves we don’t go on a run similar to the one on which we embarked after we last capitulated vs Wolves....

Have I said that?  You and others should read what I have written and think about what I am saying. 

I am saying that people who say we aren’t good enough (overalls for a play off place) after one bad half need to have a rethink.

Didn't we win? I thought we did. 

• Admin

I missed that one then, all I saw was fairly justified comments about a lacklustre performance, that’s fine, I don’t recall anyone writing us off, just suggesting changes and ideas to improve the second half.

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why? You said ‘Tamara’ to win it.....who?! 

Only joshing.....but waiting for @JBFC II to be offended on your behalf....he doesn’t like to be pulled up on appalling spelling! But he’s only young.....not like it’s easy to look up correct spellings in this day and age! 

Anyway, what a fantastic result tonight! Great pen from Fammy but he should have buried that point blank header earlier....onwards we go!

Tamara wasn't playing, was she? I'll get my coat..

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I missed that one then, all I saw was fairly justified comments about a lacklustre performance, that’s fine, I don’t recall anyone writing us off, just suggesting changes and ideas to improve the second half.

I think he’s on about @Ivorguy who had one of his half time toy throwings about the club not being good enough for promotion or something. 

Great result after a poor first half. Bolton beating Birmingham and rotherham coming back from 2-0 down shows nothing is a given. Just seen the Wally with a brolly on sky news and he is spitting feathers. Claimed they were robbed and never a pen when sky showed the close up of the defender rugby tackle fammy round the waist. Looked a pen to me.

As we approach the sharp end of the season there is a fair chance there will be a few games like tonight's at AG and especially the longer the winning/unbeaten run continues and we remain in contention for a promotion/play off place.

There is bound to be nervous anticipation and tension in the air, and no matter how well the coaching staff do their stuff, it is bound to get to the players - especially when playing at home where they know fans hopes and expectations will be high.

It sounds like the fans really lifted the players in the second half and I suspect we will need a lot more of the same to get us over the line, come the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Great result after a poor first half. Bolton beating Birmingham and rotherham coming back from 2-0 down shows nothing is a given. Just seen the Wally with a brolly on sky news and he is spitting feathers. Claimed they were robbed and never a pen when sky showed the close up of the defender rugby tackle fammy round the waist. Looked a pen to me.

That wasn't a pen. That said, it wasn't a faul for our disallowed goal either. Very poor first half, much improved second. 

Big result.

5 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I think he’s on about @Ivorguy who had one of his half time toy throwings about the club not being good enough for promotion or something. 

The quote that said ‘I don’t see this as a promotion side’?  tbf after the 1st 45 mins who would.  I’m pretty sure a large percentage still don’t see us kicking off next season in the prem.  I believe ivorguy then changed to being positive when we were playing better.  This constant point scoring drives me nuts on here, the level of smugness is sickening.

Those are the type of results that go a long way to deciding where you finish; well played City for gambling and it paying off.

Can see this stellar run ending against Wolves, but been incredible work from the whole squad and coaching staff to get us here.

Excited to see what the future brings.

COYR!

Archived