IGNORED

Bristol City vs QPR Match Day 31

Unan

At 1-1 and on 90 minutes, while I'm travelling up north to York, the bloody Internet goes down. Ah well says I, never mind, sounds like we snatched a point from the jaws of defeat. I get to the hotel, check in, phone the wife, unpack, make a brew, have a shower, pop the TV, finally kick back on the bed and check out the comments on the game on OTIB. 

Well bugger me backwards with a gert big buggering stick, I exclaim, we've only gone and got all 3 points!!!! 

Unbelievable. 

COYR

Though the ref didn't give much our way throughout the game he paid us back in spades by late on allowing Pisano to stay on the pitch and then giving us a shocker of a penalty.

The fact Wally was so irate toward him at the end made his actions so much sweeter.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

The quote that said ‘I don’t see this as a promotion side’?  tbf after the 1st 45 mins who would.  I’m pretty sure a large percentage still don’t see us kicking off next season in the prem.  I believe ivorguy then changed to being positive when we were playing better.  This constant point scoring drives me nuts on here, the level of smugness is sickening.

It just seems so reactionary. Even the best teams have poor halves/games. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be criticism. I was being critical of Kelly at half time for his first half performance, but it’s a bit unfair to start saying he’s/we’re not good enough in general based on one half. 

• Admin
12 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I think he’s on about @Ivorguy who had one of his half time toy throwings about the club not being good enough for promotion or something. 

He said he’d seen every promotion side since 1950 and didn’t think this side was a contender - he’s allowed his opinion, it’s a forum, if everyone agreed it would be a pretty bland forum.  

How Pisano’s goal was disallowed, I’ll never know.

20 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Keeping on walking into the box, trying to scuff the penalty spot, keeper not retreating back to his line, all done deliberately to put the taker off.

Got what they deserved in the end.

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

It just seems so reactionary. Even the best teams have poor halves/games. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be criticism. I was being critical of Kelly at half time for his first half performance, but it’s a bit unfair to start saying he’s/we’re not good enough in general based on one half. 

The issue is people such as @RedDave posting bollox that some people are happy when we lose. The people complaining in the first half had valid points, comments such as redave‘s are just shitty point scoring for no reason and have **** all to do with the football.

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I was being critical of Kelly at half time for his first half performance, but it’s a bit unfair to start saying he’s/we’re not good enough in general based on one half. 

Right on both counts. Kelly had a Weston tonight and whilst useful he's nowhere near the finished article I think some believe him to be. The simple fact is DaSilva's a far superior player and should start every time when competing with Kelly for the same position. No disgrace in not bring as good as DS.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

He said he’d seen every promotion side since 1950 and didn’t think this side was a contender - he’s allowed his opinion, it’s a forum, if everyone agreed it would be a pretty bland forum.  

See my response above. 

Plus the guy ALWAYS starts moaning as soon as it’s going wrong.

Of course he’s entitled to his opinion, as much as @RedDave, wouldn’t you say? 

See my response above. 

Plus the guy ALWAYS starts moaning as soon as it’s going wrong.

Of course he’s entitled to his opinion, as much as @RedDave, wouldn’t you say? 

One is an opinion on the football being played and the team, the other is ‘ooh you want the team to lose, where’s my handbag’

Big difference

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

Right on both counts. Kelly had a Weston tonight and whilst useful he's nowhere near the finished article I think some believe him to be. The simple fact is DaSilva's a far superior player and should start every time when competing with Kelly for the same position. No disgrace in not bring as good as DS.

Agree. I could see Johnson’s logic in being concerned about Smith sticking on Jay for easy headers, but I thought in a home game against a mid table side we should have been dictating the way we were going to play. 

Smith won every single header anyway so it was a bit of a waste of time anyway. 

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The issue is people such as @RedDave posting bollox that some people are happy when we lose. The people complaining in the first half had valid points, comments such as redave‘s are just shitty point scoring for no reason and have **** all to do with the football.

And still you can’t understand my point. Don’t mjnd the valid points. I mind the people who clearly thrive on it. Only a handful mind you. 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

One is an opinion on the football being played and the team, the other is ‘ooh you want the team to lose, where’s my handbag’

Big difference

Fair enough, I’m not really interested in getting dragged into whatever ongoing spat seems to be happening anyway. 

Up the football league we go!! 

Form guide over last 10 games. Wow.

Form Guide

Ten matches 
  P +/- Pts
1 Bristol City 10 +9 24
2 Hull City 10 +10 20
3 Sheffield United 10 +9 18
4 West Bromwich Albion 10 +8 18
5 Norwich City 10 +7 17
6 Middlesbrough 10 +3 16
7 Derby County 10 +1 16
8 Sheffield Wednesday 10 0 16
9 Leeds United 10 -1 16
10 Brentford 10 +4 15
11 Birmingham City 10 +4 15
12 Preston North End 10 +4 15
13 Swansea City 10 +2 15
14 Blackburn Rovers 10 -1 13
15 Aston Villa 10 -2 12
16 Millwall 10 -2 12
17 Nottingham Forest 10 -2 11
18 Queens Park Rangers 10 -2 11
19 Reading 10 -4 8
20 Wigan Athletic 10 -8 8
21 Stoke City 10 -9 8
22 Bolton Wanderers 10 -11 8
23 Ipswich Town 10 -11 7
24 Rotherham United 10 -9 6

2 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Form guide over last 10 games. Wow.

Form Guide

Ten matches 
  P +/- Pts
1 Bristol City 10 +9 24
2 Hull City 10 +10 20
3 Sheffield United 10 +9 18
4 West Bromwich Albion 10 +8 18
5 Norwich City 10 +7 17
6 Middlesbrough 10 +3 16
7 Derby County 10 +1 16
8 Sheffield Wednesday 10 0 16
9 Leeds United 10 -1 16
10 Brentford 10 +4 15
11 Birmingham City 10 +4 15
12 Preston North End 10 +4 15
13 Swansea City 10 +2 15
14 Blackburn Rovers 10 -1 13
15 Aston Villa 10 -2 12
16 Millwall 10 -2 12
17 Nottingham Forest 10 -2 11
18 Queens Park Rangers 10 -2 11
19 Reading 10 -4 8
20 Wigan Athletic 10 -8 8
21 Stoke City 10 -9 8
22 Bolton Wanderers 10 -11 8
23 Ipswich Town 10 -11 7
24 Rotherham United 10 -9 6

Blimey, Dirty Leeds are 9th #bottlingit

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

And still you can’t understand my point. Don’t mjnd the valid points. I mind the people who clearly thrive on it. Only a handful mind you. 

If you can find me a non valid point in this entire thread I may understand you.  There isn’t one.

Difference of opinion yes but not non valid.  In fact the only one I can find is yours suggesting that Bristol City fans, signed up and contributing in both content, and financial support, to a Bristol City fans forum want the team to lose.

Agree. I could see Johnson’s logic in being concerned about Smith sticking on Jay for easy headers, but I thought in a home game against a mid table side we should have been dictating the way we were going to play. 

Smith won every single header anyway so it was a bit of a waste of time anyway. 

Problem being The Wardrobe didn't score from a header. Kelly gave him an ultra lightweight nudge at the edge of the box then switched off and gave him a yard thinking the ball was gone either way. We've tall enough Centre Half's to cover the middle of the box so not sure WeeLee was worried about height. I think he's more concerned that with the defensive talent at our disposal Kelly doesn't make the starting XI and next year Kalas & DS may not be there, so needs to mix it to keep him in the frame.

Poor first half; great excitement in the second half. LJ might be criticised for the way we set up in the first 45 minutes, but deserves credit for galvanising the team at half time with the players coming back out looking much more fired up and playing with more pace. There was also the dilemma of whether to bring on Palmer or Taylor as the final sub. Difficult one to call, but I think the right decision was made judging by the way Matty showed them a bit of needle. 

I had a bad feeling Diedhiou was going to miss the penalty so it was great to see it go in. 

The referee was awful and lost control of the game. 

What a goal from Eliasson. 

Time for a whiskey. 

Very happy to win but a definite gqmd of two halves.....first 45......what was the thinking behind so many  cross field balls?  :dunno:

If your gonna lump it at least lump it the right direction..........

Second 45 - much better with the introduction of Dasilva and his forward runs and Eliassons trickery which led to the equaliser QPR started to hang on after that and dishing out some heavy tackles and time wasting. It got very frustrating when the same player dried the ball twice on his shirt before a throw in and the ref did nothing......in fact I thought the ref was too lenient all game.

Not sure why the penalty was given.....and when Famara sized up to take it me and everyone around me were yelling for Taylor to take . The guy next to me said “he’ll miss it” .....what a relief to see it hit the back of the net.

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

If you can find me a non valid point in this entire thread I may understand you.  There isn’t one.

Difference of opinion yes but not non valid.  In fact the only one I can find is yours suggesting that Bristol City fans, signed up and contributing in both content, and financial support, to a Bristol City fans forum want the team to lose.

Ivorguy post

People booing at HT

Stuff on twitter that I can’t be bothered to re-find

EC0992E1-6081-4306-81F0-320C6D73C4D1.png

Archived