IGNORED

Pre-match searching

Working Late Again

Over the last few years and since the terrorist attacks in Paris security at grounds has increased which of course

is a welcome addition. In the immediate aftermath of Paris I would routinely be searched when approaching the

ground and have absolutely no issue with this. Any bags are also searched.

However over the last season or so this seems to have been diluted to asking fans to simply open their coats on

arrival. I have to say that in my opinion this is now an entirely pointless exercise. If anybody was trying to sneak

a banned item into the ground then surely all they would have to do would be (a) put it in their unchecked pocket or (b)

hide at the back of their coat.

As I've mentioned I welcome security measures for all of our safety, but alas it seems our stewarding approach to this

is half-hearted. Either do the job correctly or don't bother at all.  

Just wondered others views and if anybody knew of a reason for this seeming scaling back of searches.

Mr Mrs walked into Leeds away with a 2 litre bottle of Coke filled with some Vodka in there aswell  she was drinking it infront of a steward in a plastic cup and they didn't really seem to care or search her before the game or ask her to dispose of it.

When they searched her bag at Rotherham away they literally looked inside of and said it was 'fine'

Is there different rules for females getting searched?

46 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Mr Mrs walked into Leeds away with a 2 litre bottle of Coke filled with some Vodka in there aswell  she was drinking it infront of a steward in a plastic cup and they didn't really seem to care or search her before the game or ask her to dispose of it.

When they searched her bag at Rotherham away they literally looked inside of and said it was 'fine'

Reckon so based upon your personal experience.

To be fair though they can't really win because to do it properly, 50% of the crowd who turn up near kick off time would get in late and disrupt people wanting to watch a football match.

I personally think they should restate in advance that the club requires everyone everywhere to open their coats and bags look for unexplained bulges (ooer) and that people should therefore add time to their journey. If people want to come in with a miniature bottle of Vodka down their trousers I don't care too much but a bomb on the other hand..

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

To be fair though they can't really win because to do it properly, 50% of the crowd who turn up near kick off time would get in late and disrupt people wanting to watch a football match.

I was searched properly at Man C.

If you know there is going to be a proper search you allow time for it.

23 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I was searched properly at Man C.

If you know there is going to be a proper search you allow time for it.

Agree with you which is why I suggested the club effectively "relaunched" the entry search and warned everyone not to bowl up 5 minutes before kick off expecting to go straight through.

3 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I was seriously searched at Leeds. Bag emptied, full body pat down etc, I felt like a criminal! 

The one that I found weird was at Millwall home (a game that could have been violent...) there were very few checks, whilst at bristol v Leicester in the rugby a day earlier (a game where there would be no violence whatsoever...) they were carrying out full on searches. Very odd

5 hours ago, Working Late Again said:

Over the last few years and since the terrorist attacks in Paris security at grounds has increased which of course

is a welcome addition. In the immediate aftermath of Paris I would routinely be searched when approaching the

However over the last season or so this seems to have been diluted to asking fans to simply open their coats on

arrival. I have to say that in my opinion this is now an entirely pointless exercise. If anybody was trying to sneak

a banned item into the ground then surely all they would have to do would be (a) put it in their unchecked pocket or (b)

As I've mentioned I welcome security measures for all of our safety, but alas it seems our stewarding approach to this

Just wondered others views and if anybody knew of a reason for this seeming scaling back of searches.

Back in the 80's had a very thorough(non invasive) search by a extremely attractive young policewoman I left the ground and went round again. I would say win win but it probably wasn't for her or us that day.  

6 hours ago, Working Late Again said:

In view of your post they are taking the search process up a notch or two, so it will be anything but half-hearted.

The staff are getting ready for your arrival this evening!

search.jpg.41e69e4dd4d3dc49e257b267bc51b0a5.jpg

Make sure you wear clean underwear.

Meant to add that although my response is light hearted, the issue is a serious one and sadly in today's world whenever a large crowd gathers there is a risk, so hope the club do the right things.

Archived