IGNORED

Eliasson.

Selred

He just constantly beat his man inside and out, and his crossing is just different gravy. It has come to the point that it seems harsh to drop anyone and replace them, but we have such a great squad it is so good to be a City fan at the moment.

22 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought he was poor first half like last year was a bit timid. Second half much less of that and was much better. Quality of his left foot will never be in question though

completely agree. QPR roughoused him and ref did not protect him, but he kept on coming at them. 

38 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I am struggling to think of a better crosser in my years of watching City.

In terms of a left peg I can’t think of a better one since Tins. 

Also thought he put in a good defensive side of his game too - definitely becoming a more complete player 

Yep a great goal and I understand him playing on the right allows him to cut in and let fly but....

I think he’s even better playing on the left when he whips crosses in away from the keeper and beats his men with more ease.  What surprised me tonight was he stayed on right side, did not switch at all.  Hopefully him and KP will start Sunday ?

18 minutes ago, City18 said:

Tbf he didn't start and probably wasn't expecting to come on after 15 mins 

Fair point but it wasn’t just sharpness. Looked a but lost and was running behind defenders and not being a great option. Again it changed drastically second half and even first he had a few good crosses. Think sometimes he just has a tendency to shy away from physical battles but got up to speed quick enough and can say almost dominated second half

39 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

He must soon be a man for the swedish national team!

He clearly had talent when he arrived in Bristol but the Championship is unforgiving and he didn't have the time and space to show the skills that he was scouted for.

He's a very bright lad. His interviews are always worth a listen and I get the impression he is enjoying his time with us. It's clear he's learning and adjusting.

If he gradually gets to grips with the cynical fouling that is part of this level of English football then I think we will see an even better player.

That progress should give him a really good shout at a place in the national team. Good luck to the lad.

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

He just constantly beat his man inside and out, and his crossing is just different gravy. It has come to the point that it seems harsh to drop anyone and replace them, but we have such a great squad it is so good to be a City fan at the moment.

Thought he was brilliant tonight, even first half he put two fantastic crosses in from little service.  I think Fam might just have worked out where he needs to be for Eliasson’s crosses and was getting closer to notching from one.  In fairness he should’ve buried his header, but he’s being manhandled everytime.  Against less physical CBs he’ll get a better run to get his noggin on it.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Both his last 2 goals have been from getting shown onto his left foot.

Clearly the QPR defenders hadn't learnt from his goal vs Bolton.

Ah, but that’s because he can go on his right foot too.  He should probably go on his right a little more often to create the doubt.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

But he was only any good at 5 a side, I read that here so it must be true. He is also another example of Johnson wasting money on kids who will never make it. Not sure why we are persisting with him to be honest, needs loaning out to league 2 really............... 

Archived