IGNORED

Eliasson.

Selred

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he was brilliant tonight, even first half he put two fantastic crosses in from little service.  I think Fam might just have worked out where he needs to be for Eliasson’s crosses and was getting closer to notching from one.  In fairness he should’ve buried his header, but he’s being manhandled everytime.  Against less physical CBs he’ll get a better run to get his noggin on it.

Ah, but that’s because he can go on his right foot too.  He should probably go on his right a little more often to create the doubt.

He can go on his right, but I think he strongly favours his left.

7 hours ago, hodge said:

His fee is looking a steal now for his current standard and potential

That’s what I said last season. Signing players for around £1-2m at this level is effectively risk free. They put in 3 or 4 solid performances and all of a sudden you’ve doubled your money. Like O’Dowdas price has gone up imo. 

Its a good strategy with little risk as it’s only £1m (not a lot in today’s footballing world)

How long does he have on his contract? Should be starting week in week out next season, a full season under his belt and he could easily end it with more than 5 goals and more than double figures in assists. 

People say about how weak he is but that is not his game, look how many players he could take out with one cross when Fammy put that sitter straight at the keeper, and that was a QPR team who were sitting deep with 5 at the back. With more games he will be even more confident and do more damage. If he were as strong as O’Dowda with that same tecnhical ability his name would be Gareth and he would be playing for Real Madrid.

Not sure if he will start the cup match because I think now that AW is probably out we need Eliasson to carve open teams that sit back in the league. I hope he has won the shirt because he is the most technically gifted winger we have. 

10 hours ago, chinapig said:

The nearest are Alan Walsh and Dave Smith.

9 hours ago, DingleRed said:

Tinman wasn't too shabby either!!

All good crossers of the ball, but none of them had that ability to whip it in with the kind of pace that Eliasson does. I have referred to him as a left footed Beckham before and some of his crosses are in that bracket.

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Been saying for a while how it's incredible he cannot get in our side. He's probably our best attacking player. Yet I get it as we have been winning without him. He battles for everything now and can put in a tackle. I think he can and will improve a lot more in the next few years. He has to go on the outside more. Too many crosses from deep that a deep defence like QPR would much rather face than a ball from the byeline. Whenever he does go on the outside, he seems to put in a great cross with his right so I don't see why he doesn't do it more often. Also I think he has to shoot more often. We need to get him to be more narrow, like in a Salah position so he can bend those shots in or link up in and around the box. He's an amazing crosser, but we need to get him varying his game more as he is so good at many other things. An unbelievable talent we have there.

Agree entirely that he has to vary his game more. He needs to get to the byeline  more and deliver crosses from a better angle. Most if his crosses are from an angle that defenders generally like.

I think I would play him on the left. I appreciate this would stop him cutting in and getting shots away but he would hopefully make better use of his cultured left foot by getting really dangerous crosses in. At the moment he is a talented one trick pony.

5 hours ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Agree entirely that he has to vary his game more. He needs to get to the byeline  more and deliver crosses from a better angle. Most if his crosses are from an angle that defenders generally like.

I think I would play him on the left. I appreciate this would stop him cutting in and getting shots away but he would hopefully make better use of his cultured left foot by getting really dangerous crosses in. At the moment he is a talented one trick pony.

At the moment, even though he's only got one trick(!), he beats his man 9 times out of 10 and has a great shot on him. Move him to the left and you negate half his game. I agree that the two 'wide' players should switch occasionally and AW and COD do this during most games.

His crosses are varied and unlike in the past not looping easy to defend ones, Diedhiou almost put a couple away and QPR panicked when he ran at them. This is 2 games now where no matter how many defenders you put in front of him he's going to find the goal, how do you defend against that ? He has 3 players on him / closing him down, as well as another 3 and the keeper between him and the goal  but regardless of them (7 players) he scores..... if that's his only trick... i'm all for it

Highlights_Bristol_City_2-1_QPR_-_YouTube_-_2019-02-13_16.14.11.png

Highlights_Bristol_City_2-1_QPR_-_YouTube_-_2019-02-13_16.14.36.png

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A player I'd like to see more of- and Palmer too.

Problem is, changing a winning setup...

Another problem, MrP is that both Palmer and Eliasson could be relied upon to change the game if they were to replace Pato and/or Weimann as substitutes; I don’t feel that the opposite is true.

Taking off Kasey and/or Nic to be replaced by Pato and/or Andreas would just be a bit meh, methinks.  

45 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Another problem, MrP is that both Palmer and Eliasson could be relied upon to change the game if they were to replace Pato and/or Weimann as substitutes; I don’t feel that the opposite is true.

Taking off Kasey and/or Nic to be replaced by Pato and/or Andreas would just be a bit meh, methinks.  

Yeah this is true Rudolf, it's a hard balancing act.

Maybe keep one in reserve and start the other- i.e. start Palmer and have Eliasson as bench strength or vice versa- mix and match when necessary.

Archived