IGNORED

Atmosphere

WolfOfWestStreet

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

That second half. Take a bow ladies and gents, that's as good as I've seen since Manchester United. 

Sounded very impressive online. I think the fans appreciated, even at 1-0 down and not playing as well as we have at late, that the players have given us a lot lately and we owed them some proper backing - and it paid dividends.

30 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

Adding to the posts above, there is no doubt in my mind that the fans played a big big part in us winning that game in the end

I suppose that's what a home advantage should bring. Good attendance tonight although not sure how accurate it was. According to sky sports Hull didn't even muster 11k against Rotherham!!

56 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Yeah terriffic effort from start to finish the atmoz was immence well done to all in section 82 coyr

Really appreciate having S32 but there were times tonight when they seemed out of synch with what was happening in the pitch.

When we get a corner in from of the South. Stand IMHO we should be responding to what's happening with something like 'Cmon you reds' rather than just continuing on with whatever they happened to being singing already.  (Once was 'ooo Bristol City' and the other was 'Forza East Enders').  It kind of killed the spontaneity that the rest of the SS was trying to bring.

Small grumble on what was a great night, though. 

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

That second half. Take a bow ladies and gents, that's as good as I've seen since Manchester United. 

Watched in a distant english pub in eastern europe. Front end of pub packed with Man Utd watching their match (some genuine, most plastic), and me and a west ham lad at the empty, shadowy back end of the pub  watching City on the smallest screen in the world without volume. 

When the equalizer went in, the roof went off with me and my mate. Then the disallowed (which I didn't realize was had been canned until several minutes after). Bit by bit, the Man Utd fans started dribbling towards our end of the bar. When the penalty was awarded, we had about thirty people packed inside a tiny space to watch it. **** off ya *****. I knew we were going to miss it. But touched the lucky bar post. When it went in, the pub went mental, strangers grabbing me, it was like standing between pillars 3 and 4 in the old days of the east end :D

honestly, i went more mad tonight than when we beat Man Utd.

This isn't a cup run, this is real!

Reading this thread... makes me glow. 

(you are my city... my only city...) 

9 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Watched in a distant english pub in eastern europe. Front end of pub packed with Man Utd watching their match (some genuine, most plastic), and me and a west ham lad at the empty, shadowy back end of the pub  watching City on the smallest screen in the world without volume. 

When the equalizer went in, the roof went off with me and my mate. Then the disallowed (which I didn't realize was had been canned until several minutes after). Bit by bit, the Man Utd fans started dribbling towards our end of the bar. When the penalty was awarded, we had about thirty people packed inside a tiny space to watch it. **** off ya *****. I knew we were going to miss it. But touched the lucky bar post. When it went in, the pub went mental, strangers grabbing me, it was like standing between pillars 3 and 4 in the old days of the east end :D

Football ey! Man Utd fans celebrating a last minute winner at AG...

Loved this post.

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Football ey! Man Utd fans celebrating a last minute winner at AG...

Loved this post.

Cheers @cityexile - i missed out the most important point mind! Having no volume didn't matter - could tell something special was afoot at AG! Could feel it from watching a silent TV! Bloody hell, I'm going to get spiritual in a moment :D

Everyone there, hat's off!!! 

26 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Brilliant post mate. You captured what you went through brilliantly. I think  a lot have been through. I carried my wife round the room in London as my daughter was in bed.

8 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Brilliant post mate. You captured what you went through brilliantly. I think  a lot have been through. I carried my wife round the room in London as my daughter was in bed.

thanks @hoxton casual - for some weird reason, and for different reasons entirely, it reminded a bit of the Jacki v Wolves match. Just knew it from the start there'd be a special little twist, and judging by some posts, I'm by no means alone on that. Even from afar, could smell it in the air! We always love the city, but there's some nights where you love em even more! Here's one of they! 

40 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Brilliant post.

It maybe the euphoria and cider talking, but while reading this I almost felt like I was there with you, such was the picture you painted.

Uhh yep, think I better go lay down ??

COYR

8 minutes ago, City1984 said:

Brilliant post.

It maybe the euphoria and cider talking, but while reading this I almost felt like I was there with you, such was the picture you painted. 

Uhh yep, think I better go lay down ??

COYR

thanks @City1984, you and me both - was meant to be in the office tonight but instead have ended up skulling Poland's national reserve of Old Rosie :D Tomorrow can piss right off!! 

what a bloody night!

It's fantastic to read  the comments from all the exiled City fans in all corners of the UK and far flung countries n' cities across the world.........watching the game in pubs, bars and living rooms to make a connection to their chosen team, not Man U or Chelsea.......but Bristol City!.  And their now reaping the reward of being loyal reds, as we ‟continue our miraculous run‟ as it was described on BBC Sport tonite.   It makes ya proud..ha!  Especially the nutter in Romania, who woke up the neighbourhood when we scored! ?

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I must admit, I didn't really sense the atmosphere in the Lansdown

Well I sensed it in the Lansdown, a great effort by S82, they played a massive part in the win, keep it up lads/lasses, you’re a credit and helped getting the whole crowd pumping

Archived