IGNORED

QPR

Red Army 75

6 minutes ago, Midred said:

According to the BBC site QPR ended up with 6 yellow cards. Will the club face fines, punishment of some kind?

All six in injury time.  To be fair they could have been down to 9 men had the ref booked a few of them previously. 

I can't remember any team wasting time as early as they did tonight, especially the keeper at goal kicks. Wander around for a bit, point for a bit, have a drink, respot the ball, have another drink, respot the ball again, chastise your fullback, check the ball yet again, then kick it.

Karma ain't half wonderful. :)

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

But Eros appeared to have a goal disallowed for allowing the defender to pull his shirt off!!

I thought that one was a keeper infringement. Not sure on that, I think it was, but did it disadvantage as he wasn’t getting to it and probably not stopping it because crowded anyway... be tempted to say it’s an ineffective foul and let the goal stand. 

I would still give Preston sh*thouse team of the season (so far) but QPR came very close to taking the accolade. Completely devoid of any desire to add to a 1-0 lead or take all the points at 1-1. They fouled throughout the second half and it was just reward to get a dodgy penalty. Ref was swayed by a number of crowd decisions in the last 15 minutes but I don't care, QPR deserved nothing. Why he didn't book at least three of them when we were trying to take the penalty I will never know.

I lost more respect for Steve Mclaren tonight. If those are the best tactics he can find from a group of potentially decent players then he's failing as a coach.

As said above, it was sweet justice to send them back to London on the back of another defeat.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I can't remember any team wasting time as early as they did tonight, especially the keeper at goal kicks. Wander around for a bit, point for a bit, have a drink, respot the ball, have another drink, respot the ball again, chastise your fullback, check the ball yet again, then kick it.

I can !

Rotherham when Colin was managing them ! ?

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

And the number of times they had to dry the ball with their shirts before a throw-in. Gamesmanship on a dry night but predictable and tedious.

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I thought that one was a keeper infringement. Not sure on that, I think it was, but did it disadvantage as he wasn’t getting to it and probably not stopping it because crowded anyway... be tempted to say it’s an ineffective foul and let the goal stand. 

If Wolves equaliser last night was OK, then there was nothing wrong with our disallowed  goal.

Time wasting, even at 1-1...then when the shoe was on the other foot they lost it!

I think the ball boys deserve a bit of praise tonight. From the TV it looked like is was returned very quickly to keep things moving when we were behind and drawing....then at 2-1 the lad in the corner just let it roll away - good stuff!

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Never a pen but never should have disallowed the goal from the corner

One of those that you'd be mad about if given against you, but think a fair decision if in your favour.

From the Sky highlights it does look like the defender has his arm around FD to stop him getting a foot on the ball.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

One of those that you'd be mad about if given against you, but think a fair decision if in your favour.

From the Sky highlights it does look like the defender has his arm around FD to stop him getting a foot on the ball.

Looks like he was wrestled to the ground to me yes.

Archived