IGNORED

QPR

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, pretty much what every club does then.....cheers....

True. Especially at this level.

The issue for me is that they were really piling all the tactics I hate on very thickly for most of the second half (even at 1-1). The referee should have the authority to stop players from 'drying' a ball at every thrown-in when it was clearly unnecessary.

Okay, nothing new with this although it's one of the worst things about Championship football.

But what was wrong was how they were allowed to react to the penalty decision. They fouled constantly for the second 45 minutes and although it shouldn't be the case, I think the ref gave us the pen for more than a single foul on Fam. But thereafter, they were totally out of order.

At the time, I didn't realise that five of their players had been booked but in truth a couple should have got reds for their dissent and encroaching within the penalty area. Not professionalism, pure cheating.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh dear.  Queue @BS4 on Tour... telling us Steve Mclaren is a top class manager....

You didn't notice the constant little pushes, the blocks and the manhandling throughout the game?  QPR are a nasty team and I've not enjoyed a victory like that since your idol Colin was beaten.

What I found hilarious and also shameful is that pr1ck of a manager who let his country down ambling on at the end having a go at the ref along with the rest of his "coaching" staff.

I expect he was happy with his performance from the 46th minute to the 90th.

Not very sportsmanlike, but then what do you expect, it is qpr after all.

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know you’ve got loads of ‘likes’ for this post....but what specific ‘cheating tactics’ are you referring to here? Cheers....

Time wasting, cynical fouling, diving in the box, kicking the ball away,  delaying the taking of the penalty several times,

Has any other team picked up 6 bookings against us?

6 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Oh dear.  Queue @BS4 on Tour... telling us Steve Mclaren is a top class manager....

You didn't notice the constant little pushes, the blocks and the manhandling throughout the game?  QPR are a nasty team and I've not enjoyed a victory like that since your idol Colin was beaten.

Crap coach crap team = League 1 tactics as in hoof it up to the big lad. Yawn

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I suppose every club deliberately scuffs up the penalty spot (at least three separate players) before a spot kick too?

Yeah saw that, wockney cankers.

still, Dave may have missed if the spot was pristine ?

1 hour ago, Antman said:

someone went round the pitch telling them all to speed it up -

Johnson was shouting at someone with about 20 mins to go asking why all the ball boys were just sitting watching when the ball was coming off the pitch. Must have got the word round to hurry it up. 

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I suppose every club deliberately scuffs up the penalty spot (at least three separate players) before a spot kick too?

Their behaviour was shocking

No wonder McLaren had gone from the chosen one to the shit one in a few years. Rubbish Manager resorting to shithouse tactics

37 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Especially liked the ballboy in the corner who lobbed the ball away right at the end. Taylor gave him a big thumbs up for that one. His shithausery is influencing the next generation it seems

Ah yes the more efficient German version of the traditional shithousery we often see in the English leagues. Probably what LJ was researching in Leipzig recently. 

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not quite, but nearly.

Towards the latter stages of a game, as an away side,  yes, more palatable but strictly cheating nonetheless. Immediately from second half kick off onwards no, that’s when it is worthy of mention.

There are degrees of culpability, some unworthy of mention, some worthy. Consider the difference between 35mph and 60mph in a 30 if it helps. 

39 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Johnson was shouting at someone with about 20 mins to go asking why all the ball boys were just sitting watching when the ball was coming off the pitch. Must have got the word round to hurry it up. 

Yes, Gill Holt I believe it was went and spoke to each and every ball boy and told them to hurry it up.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Had a quick nose on the QPR forum.

Good to see they are  latest fans to think we are nothing special, after winning our ninth on the to and sitting 5th in the league. I think we are going for the accolade of the most nothing special team to gain promotion to the premier league.

Was not surprised to see their fans a little upset over the penalty decision. According to them they never get the decisions,  the ref was a homer ( despite our fans posting how bad he was throughout the game giving us nothing). Best of all, the ref gave the penalty  decision to punish QPR because they are standing up to the EFL over FFP and they are giving them a points deduction by stealth!  :)

P.S. Just seen that BCFC Richard has more patience and cut and pasted the QPR forum comments.

Well they don't get the decisions, short memory considering they missed a 93 minute penalty in their last game sore losers I say.

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

Especially liked the ballboy in the corner who lobbed the ball away right at the end. Taylor gave him a big thumbs up for that one. His shithausery is influencing the next generation it seems

That might have been my son :)

17 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Steve McLaren races on to the pitch and congratulates the officials for doing such a fantastic job last night...

IMG_0562.PNG

Schteeve: "I schoort of knew when I come here.. Champions league, Liverpool, Arsenal.. I thought one of them, we would draw, and it is Arsenal I think...... I say we are not just what you would call, underdogs? but massive underdogs." 

Steward 2: "I think this bloke might be Dutch"

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Ref was awful. 

QPR were organised but punished for taking Smith off and time wasting. 

Fam was being held all game. Had better shouts for pens than the one given. One given a bit soft for me. Though Pisano goal fine. 

They had one near the end. Have not seen it back but think Kalas went through someone to head away. From my angle could have been given. 

All in all, probably rose tinted, but their negativity with our positivity means I think we deserved the 3 points. Only slightly but never expected every match to be easy. 

In fairness to McLaren , Smith looked to be limping when he walked off. 

9 hours ago, Xiled said:

And the number of times they had to dry the ball with their shirts before a throw-in. Gamesmanship on a dry night but predictable and tedious.

And most of the threw it about 5 yards.

53 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I just don't get why he'd take Smith off?  I can't fathom that at all.

He was their outlet - especially if they are holding on to a 1-0 lead, he scored and more importantly, he occupied Webster who loves to get forward.

Not to mention his work defensively on set pieces. He was their best player. Thought Freeman had a great first half too. Shame we were not up for it first half as I think we could have handled them a bit easier than we did. That said our streak won’t last forever so rather another couple gritty wins like last night before it stops

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness to McLaren , Smith looked to be limping when he walked off. 

Yep. I think Smith had run himself out - he sprinted quite a bit for a big man - and had also picked up some sort of knock.

From our perspective, Marlon had also had a few nasty kicks on him and was on a yellow.  Made sense to take him off. 

Archived