IGNORED

Kalas...

SedRA

Not his best game yesterday in fairness. Smith bossed him first half. He gave the ball away slopperly for their goal, and in the 2nd half, Wells knocked him off the ball far too easily for what should have been their 2nd goal to make it 2-0.

That said, I love watching him. He's been a rock this season; and his partnership with Webster is the best since the old first division days. I'm sure he'll not be short of offers in the summer.

I was just reading a Knowledge article on the Guardian website where somebody had asked a question about consecutive penalties being missed (i.e. having a penalty saved and then immediately being fouled again) and the below video was linked in the article, where Abel Hernández managed to do this and miss them both.

On watching the video, who did I see making a late rash challenge in the box (albeit while 4-1 up)? Yep, our very own Tomáš Kalas. He actually makes mistakes ??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38709162

On 13/02/2019 at 07:48, nickolas said:

Saying for ages if we sell him, buy Dasilva and make money overall, then thats a cracking deal. 

Dasilva showing to be a far better player imo. 

Tbh Kelly is probably a CB but he isnt going to get a look in there this season. 

Idk why people keep saying this, 95% of the time he's played LB 

Edit: Tbf just checked and he plays CB for U20s England majority of the time 

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Give Chelsea whatever the **** they want. Anything. Pay the *** anything he wants.

As much as I agree that he  and Webster have arguably been the difference this year I can see why SL et al may not be so inclined to break the bank.  It’s not the fee that is a concern as much as his wages.  One person on mega bucks in the dressing room is bound to create discontent and fuel demands from others.

4 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

As much as I agree that he  and Webster have arguably been the difference this year I can see why SL et al may not be so inclined to break the bank.  It’s not the fee that is a concern as much as his wages.  One person on mega bucks in the dressing room is bound to create discontent and fuel demands from others.

To be honest I'd be happy to have him as the highest earner by a small amount. Say he's on 30-35k, then that's not too large a discrepancy from what the rest of the squad are rumoured to be on, especially for a player of his calibre and ability. If it forms the backbone of our defence for years to come as a team constantly challenging for promotion to the PL then it's a bargain imv.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

To be honest I'd be happy to have him as the highest earner by a small amount. Say he's on 30-35k, then that's not too large a discrepancy from what the rest of the squad are rumoured to be on, especially for a player of his calibre and ability. If it forms the backbone of our defence for years to come as a team constantly challenging for promotion to the PL then it's a bargain imv.

Completely agree. In all walks of life there are people in offices for example. Some are high earners, some in the middle, some at the lower end. If Kalas becomes the top earner at the club, so what, he'll deserve it as the bloke is absolute quality and one of the reasons why we are up the right end of the table for a change. If we have the chance to sign him (as long as he want's to stay) then we'd be mad not to pull out all the stops. If not then he'll be lining up against (if we don't go up) us for someone like Aston '*******' Villa.

If we can get Dasilva permanently signed, and can keep Kelly, then I'd look to move Baker out and with the wages saved  Kalas's wages would not then break the bank.

Kelly can cover at both LB and CD and with Wright and Pisano we have cover across the back line.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 07:57, Robert the bruce said:

Just pay the money....

If Lansdown really wants Premier league he has to make this happen.

Love this separate thread explaining all about FFP and then this post saying pay at all costs.

On 12/02/2019 at 23:37, 054123 said:

Would you pay him £30k a week if you knew it would form the foundation with Webster to create a team that will seriously challenge for the item for the next 4 years and endure this season is not a reading style one off???

100% never seen such a solid, all round CB partnership than Webster and Kalas, since following City about 30years ago, on top of that they are very good ‘footballers’ something that’s not very common in CB’s yet we have 2! 

I’d go all out to get him this summer for sure.

Archived