Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

RedSA

Kalas...

...I want to have your babies. 

That 60 yard run back around 75 mins at full throttle to slide and win the ball back from their counter attack. 

The guy’s a boss man. 

Edited by RedSA

Kalas and Webster were described on today's Totally Football League Show podcast as one of the best pairings in the league.

Hang on, one of?! How very dare they?!😉

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1

And he was sorting out the QPR players with Taylor while QPR  were trying to scuff up the penalty spot while Fam was waiting to take the penalty. Great guy. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Wasn't Kalas at fault for the QPR goal? He certainly made a bad mistake pretty close to it

No, that was Kelly, completely abandoned Smith after the ball hit the post. No fight to stop Matt Smith from getting there, and thus they scored

Edited by Nathandao

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Wasn't Kalas at fault for the QPR goal? He certainly made a bad mistake pretty close to it

How very dare you! 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Nathandao said:

No, that was Kelly, completely abandoned Smith after the ball hit the post. No fight to stop Matt Smith from getting there, and thus they scored

Kalas gave the ball away which allowed them to get the ball to Freeman. 

But as the guy is immense, we can forgive him a slip up. Kalas + Webster = best pairing in the league. Baker and Wright in reserve is not bad!

11 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

Before that I think

22 minutes ago, eardun said:

And he was sorting out the QPR players with Taylor while QPR  were trying to scuff up the penalty spot while Fam was waiting to take the penalty. Great guy. 

Wasn’t taking no shit was he 😂👊🏻

14 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Before that I think

He did scuff the clearance straight to their bloke so could say he was partly to blame but also the goal could have been stopped after that point. 

That being said, still a very solid performance tonight, his composure (except said clearance) and reading of the game is just fantastic.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Wasn't Kalas at fault for the QPR goal?

No, Kelly was supposed to take care of The Wardrobe ( and didn't.)

1 hour ago, SuperDziek said:

Kalas gave the ball away which allowed them to get the ball to Freeman. 

But as the guy is immense, we can forgive him a slip up. Kalas + Webster = best pairing in the league. Baker and Wright in reserve is not bad!

Although he gave the ball away I think it was the correct pass, the other player just wasn't aware it was going to go to him and carried on running forward rather than check and pick up the pass. Just a bit of miscommunication I think.

Would you pay him £30k a week if you knew it would form the foundation with Webster to create a team that will seriously challenge for the item for the next 4 years and endure this season is not a reading style one off???

• Like 4

You always wonder about the attitude of loan players when they come in but he's absolutely first class, could have been so easy for it to just be another loan for him after how many he's had. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Although he gave the ball away I think it was the correct pass, the other player just wasn't aware it was going to go to him and carried on running forward rather than check and pick up the pass. Just a bit of miscommunication I think.

Disagree on it being the correct pass. As much as I like us trying to play good football, sometimes we over play it. The ball from Kalas should have gone down the line for Eliasson to chase (pretty sure that was the direction NE was moving?) - if Eliasson doesn't get there, no bother. 

10 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Disagree on it being the correct pass. As much as I like us trying to play good football, sometimes we over play it. The ball from Kalas should have gone down the line for Eliasson to chase (pretty sure that was the direction NE was moving?) - if Eliasson doesn't get there, no bother. 

Thought Eliasson should have dropped for it. Not like Kalas to hit a 30 yard pass down the channel. Elisson also had the space to do so but personally thought he took the easy route by trying to get in behind. 

Also another “mistake” by Kalas tonight was when Wells gave him that crafty little bump but skied it over. 

He was outstanding tonight but his “mistakes” were noteworthy because he never makes any! Probably my MoM. 

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Kalas and Webster were described on today's Totally Football League Show podcast as one of the best pairings in the league.

Hang on, one of?! How very dare they?!😉

I often refer to Webster and Kalas as "a rock and a hard place". You wouldn't want to get between them!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, glastonred said:

I often refer to Webster and Kalas as "a rock and a hard place". You wouldn't want to get between them!

Clever.......................I am liking it  🤗

Feel like Kelly’s stock may tumble.  Different class when on form but if he plays like tonight he’s not doing himself any favours.  Let’s just hope a bad day at the office.

1 hour ago, glastonred said:

Smith gave them a good test and got the better of them a few times

4 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

Smith gave them a good test and got the better of them a few times

A real handfull amazed he got taken off. Won every header against our CB's.

Edited by Super
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

Feel like Kelly’s stock may tumble.  Different class when on form but if he plays like tonight he’s not doing himself any favours.  Let’s just hope a bad day at the office.

Saying for ages if we sell him, buy Dasilva and make money overall, then thats a cracking deal. 

Dasilva showing to be a far better player imo. 

Tbh Kelly is probably a CB but he isnt going to get a look in there this season. 

9 hours ago, Tinmansleftboot said:

We simply have to break the bank and sign this guy.  He is just immense and it isn't a coincidence that every loan team he's played for made the playoffs.

Just pay the money....

If Lansdown really wants Premier league he has to make this happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 054123 said:

Would you pay him £30k a week if you knew it would form the foundation with Webster to create a team that will seriously challenge for the item for the next 4 years and endure this season is not a reading style one off???

Is the Pope Catholic?

9 hours ago, Evocare said:

He is arguable one of the best defenders in Europe.

He’s great but don’t go over the top ha ha!

You have to remember this is only the 2nd division in England.

Not his best game yesterday in fairness. Smith bossed him first half. He gave the ball away slopperly for their goal, and in the 2nd half, Wells knocked him off the ball far too easily for what should have been their 2nd goal to make it 2-0.

That said, I love watching him. He's been a rock this season; and his partnership with Webster is the best since the old first division days. I'm sure he'll not be short of offers in the summer.

I was just reading a Knowledge article on the Guardian website where somebody had asked a question about consecutive penalties being missed (i.e. having a penalty saved and then immediately being fouled again) and the below video was linked in the article, where Abel Hernández managed to do this and miss them both.

On watching the video, who did I see making a late rash challenge in the box (albeit while 4-1 up)? Yep, our very own Tomáš Kalas. He actually makes mistakes 😱😱

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38709162

Can I ask the Mods that anyone putting "Kalas" in a topic heading without adding "(...he's alright)" should be banned for 7 days? 😱 :redcard:

Give Chelsea whatever the **** they want. Anything. Pay the *** anything he wants.

On 13/02/2019 at 07:48, nickolas said:

Saying for ages if we sell him, buy Dasilva and make money overall, then thats a cracking deal. 

Dasilva showing to be a far better player imo. 

Tbh Kelly is probably a CB but he isnt going to get a look in there this season. 

Idk why people keep saying this, 95% of the time he's played LB 

Edit: Tbf just checked and he plays CB for U20s England majority of the time 

Edited by Sturny

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Give Chelsea whatever the **** they want. Anything. Pay the *** anything he wants.

As much as I agree that he  and Webster have arguably been the difference this year I can see why SL et al may not be so inclined to break the bank.  It’s not the fee that is a concern as much as his wages.  One person on mega bucks in the dressing room is bound to create discontent and fuel demands from others.

4 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

As much as I agree that he  and Webster have arguably been the difference this year I can see why SL et al may not be so inclined to break the bank.  It’s not the fee that is a concern as much as his wages.  One person on mega bucks in the dressing room is bound to create discontent and fuel demands from others.

To be honest I'd be happy to have him as the highest earner by a small amount. Say he's on 30-35k, then that's not too large a discrepancy from what the rest of the squad are rumoured to be on, especially for a player of his calibre and ability. If it forms the backbone of our defence for years to come as a team constantly challenging for promotion to the PL then it's a bargain imv.

• Like 2

On 13/02/2019 at 06:45, Super said:

A real handfull amazed he got taken off. Won every header against our CB's.

I know it felt like it, but according to Stats Zone he won 11/19 (very good).

F517F181-6BA9-4E8D-A418-FDE058A580F4.thumb.png.73e1f09981671ee54bb66a02bc54822a.png

Fam won 5/11.

4144DB0C-4B0F-4792-81BB-424FD7718BBE.thumb.png.c38c86776aac07885516ecf9423e94af.png

• Thanks 1

On 12/02/2019 at 22:22, RedSA said:

...I want to have your babies. 

That 60 yard run back around 75 mins at full throttle to slide and win the ball back from their counter attack. 

The guy’s a boss man. 

Bit picky aren't you? 

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

To be honest I'd be happy to have him as the highest earner by a small amount. Say he's on 30-35k, then that's not too large a discrepancy from what the rest of the squad are rumoured to be on, especially for a player of his calibre and ability. If it forms the backbone of our defence for years to come as a team constantly challenging for promotion to the PL then it's a bargain imv.

Completely agree. In all walks of life there are people in offices for example. Some are high earners, some in the middle, some at the lower end. If Kalas becomes the top earner at the club, so what, he'll deserve it as the bloke is absolute quality and one of the reasons why we are up the right end of the table for a change. If we have the chance to sign him (as long as he want's to stay) then we'd be mad not to pull out all the stops. If not then he'll be lining up against (if we don't go up) us for someone like Aston '*******' Villa.

• Like 2

If we can get Dasilva permanently signed, and can keep Kelly, then I'd look to move Baker out and with the wages saved  Kalas's wages would not then break the bank.

Kelly can cover at both LB and CD and with Wright and Pisano we have cover across the back line.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 07:57, Robert the bruce said:

Just pay the money....

If Lansdown really wants Premier league he has to make this happen.

Love this separate thread explaining all about FFP and then this post saying pay at all costs.

On 12/02/2019 at 23:37, 054123 said:

100% never seen such a solid, all round CB partnership than Webster and Kalas, since following City about 30years ago, on top of that they are very good ‘footballers’ something that’s not very common in CB’s yet we have 2! 

I’d go all out to get him this summer for sure.