IGNORED

Team for Wolves

BCFCGav

Amazing win tonight, and as much as I just wanna savour it, it’s got me thinking. 

Andi has clearly tweaked his back, and all others involved tonight worked ridiculously hard to turn no points into three. Considering this plus our strength in depth, I’d like changes on Sunday to give our ‘A’s’ a bit of a rest.

I’d like to see Baker, Kelly, Semenyo and Palmer all start, plus Walsh and Watkins if ready. Hakeeb on the bench maybe. But LJ does indeed know best! 

This is a tough one for me. Think we need this distraction but also need to keep minutes rolling for some players. You don’t want to change too much but you want to rest some. 

FF

Wright Webster Baker Kelly

Adelakun Pack Morrell Eliasson

Palmer

Taylor

Max, Diedhiou, O’Dowda, Pisano, Brownhill, Paterson, Dasilva

Try to get Diedhiou and O’Dowda on for 30 minutes as these are players that, to me, perform better when playing consistently. 

Taylor probably deserves a start as does Palmer. Keeping Wright, Baker and Kelly sharp in case needed. Morrell been excellent in cup so has to keep going. Adelakun wild card. May not even make bench and could see Semenyo. Idk feel like we see one of those two with Weimann rested(assuming/hoping not too bad). 

Kelly needs another start, going back to the bench would be a real put down after the performance today, give him a chance to stick in a good performance, if he doesn't have one it could then be chalked up to playing prem opposition. Hopefully see Palmer play a big role.

For me, this cup game is coming at the perfect time.  We’ve had a real mentally tough game tonight, and a break from the league is a good thing imho.

LJ to evaluate the fatigue from a sports science point of view and go from there.

Wright for Pisano - he put in a shift tonight and I worry about him hamstrings

Baker for either Kalas or Webster

Dasilva in for Kelly

Morrell for Brownhill

Eliasson for Weimann

Taylor for Diedhiou

Palmer for Paterson

so that’s:

Fielding / Wright, CB, Baker, Dasilva / Eliasson, Pack, Morrell, O’Dowda / Palmer / Taylor

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

For me, this cup game is coming at the perfect time.  We’ve had a real mentally tough game tonight, and a break from the league is a good thing imho.

LJ to evaluate the fatigue from a sports science point of view and go from there.

Wright for Pisano - he put in a shift tonight and I worry about him hamstrings

Baker for either Kalas or Webster

Dasilva in for Kelly

Morrell for Brownhill

Eliasson for Weimann

Taylor for Diedhiou

Palmer for Paterson

so that’s:

Fielding / Wright, CB, Baker, Dasilva / Eliasson, Pack, Morrell, O’Dowda / Palmer / Taylor

Think Morrell starting could be really interesting, try and work out what level he's really at, a good performance against wolves and a few others in the rest of the season and some league 1 clubs would probably be interested in taking him on loan next season. 

Agree with most re changes.

As always we want to win with no injuries and as always only Lj will know the true fitness of players so we will see on Sunday the best possible team for the occasion.

We have a run of Sat /Tues league games where the coaching staff really earn their money and I'm glad we fans don't have to make those calls. Such high league stakes now especially at Norwich at Boro. Magic months for City fans

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Fielding

Wright Kalas Webster Dasilva 

Brownhill

Morrell   Palmer 

Eliasson                    O'Dowda 

Diedhiou

Brownhill so deep? 

Wolves will play a strong team as they must fancy their chances of getting to the final. To make wholesale changes as many are suggesting would be a surrender, we don't need that. There is a full week to the next match, so simply dependent on fitness, pick a team to win, and keep the momentum and the buzz going

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Fielding

Wright Kalas Webster Dasilva 

Brownhill

Morrell   Palmer 

Eliasson                    O'Dowda 

Diedhiou

Not sure about Brownhill in that deep role.

Not that he isn't a good player and not that we don't need someone back there...but Brownhill, don't know.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not sure about Brownhill in that deep role.

Not that he isn't a good player and not that we don't need someone back there...but Brownhill, don't know.

He put him there last night as he's more attack minded and we were chasing the game.  As Pack only played a partial game I'd expect him to start certainly with Palmer and maybe also Morrell.  I'd definitely play Kelly LB as he needs gametime to play himself back into form and I think he responds to a defensive challenge. Wright and Baker will both play.  Decision is who is left out. We could match Wolves and go to 3 at the back which would mean both JDS and LK play. 

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He put him there last night as he's more attack minded and we were chasing the game.  As Pack only played a partial game I'd expect him to start certainly with Palmer and maybe also Morrell.  I'd definitely play Kelly LB as he needs gametime to play himself back into form and I think he responds to a defensive challenge. Wright and Baker will both play.  Decision is who is left out. We could match Wolves and go to 3 at the back which would mean both JDS and LK play. 

True, but QPR are quite reactive at times.

Vs Wolves, a side who like in certain games to pass it around, to attack certainly in general- or even when counter attacking they do so aggressively, that extra protection is needed. Pack deeper, maybe Brownhill and Palmer as the central 2 in the 4-1-4-1.

3 at the back would be interesting. Wright at RB would actually facilitate that in-game i.e. certain phases we're 3-5-2, other times 4 at the back, ability to interchange even more as we saw in our golden period last season.

Presuming we want to win I don’t get anybody wanting to play Kelly on Sunday.

He has not featured until last night since he was hauled off at half time after his mistake cost a goal and still looks mentally shot based on a horrendous first half last night.

To risk him on Sunday is madness - he will be a bag of nerves from the first minute. Under 23s and confidence build away from the cauldron of the first team else he may get worse - this is a massive time for him mentally and it could break him if not handled properly.

See I am in a small minority in that I would rest a load of the first team.

Wolves have every incentive to go strong. Did not seem it would be the case when we played Huddersfield, but we are now right in the middle of a real play off push. Appreciate there is a week before we play again, but what if we actually had a QF or dare I say a SF? They will be smack bang in the middle of difficult important games, which will then start to get compressed.

Fully appreciate it's not often we get the chance of a real cup run, but we can say that about play offs in this league as well. Difficult one, but it is more logical right now for Wolves to go strong rather than us. 

Never want us to not win, but will not be heart broken by an honourable loss on this one. More than one route to Wembley this year.

Archived