IGNORED

Team for Wolves

BCFCGav

FF

Wright        Baker      Kelly      Desilva

Adalekun   Walsh   Morrell   Elliason

Palmer

Eisa

Send the current players on holiday somewhere warm and have a mini pre season to prepare for the last 15 games because they are going to be tough. 

Interestingly I heard something a while ago about how around this time Ferguson would alway give a number of first-team players a week away to get ready for the run in.

Interestingly looks like Nuno might rotate again (in my opinion that’s ridiculous) given we have 6 days until Bournemouth won’t finish any higher and in no danger of relegation.

Jota has a slight injury so likely won’t feature (he has been extremely impressive the last month) so they might switch to Jimenez up top with (praying not Costa) potentially Traore if he starts out right. Or they might start Cavaleiro left Jimenez right then later in the game if we are chasing bring on Adama and switch Jimenez to the left of the front 2.

Either way believe it or not we still only have 16 first team players, people like Giles and Kilman who appear on the bench are U23s.

I could see it going to penalties this which neither side probably really wants (least there isn’t a replay) don’t think Brizzle would want that in your promotion charge.

12 hours ago, Neo said:

Presuming we want to win I don’t get anybody wanting to play Kelly on Sunday.

He has not featured until last night since he was hauled off at half time after his mistake cost a goal and still looks mentally shot based on a horrendous first half last night.

To risk him on Sunday is madness - he will be a bag of nerves from the first minute. Under 23s and confidence build away from the cauldron of the first team else he may get worse - this is a massive time for him mentally and it could break him if not handled properly.

Yup, I agree. Sunday is too soon, unless LJ wants to stress that he has confidence in him? But I don’t think he will be risked, especially against Wolves who will want to progress possibly more than us. By more I mean I know they will want to finish as high as possible in the Premiership but they don’t have possible promotion to be thinking about which is obviously more important.

I think we will be trying to keep as many players playing as possible, keep the bulk of the team and keep the run going. That said we do tend to finish games stronger than starting them so who knows, will be start with a less experienced team and bring on strong subs or the other way round. Depends on how much we want this. 

At the end of the QPR game the players celebrated much more than at Blackburn where the lid was firmly kept on. The players will be confident and will want to play in a winning team.

1 hour ago, WarksRobin said:

Winning is a habit and with the impending international break I expect a pretty much full strength team against Wolves. 

Plus the prize money in the FA cup is much higher than for the league cup so worth going for it. 

COYR

The international break is more than a month away, 7 games between now and then, not sure that is a factor, however I agree that we should play a strong team, no more than a couple of changes needed short of any injuries

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Seems everyone wants Palmer to start!

I think this is fair enough.

He has shown in his brief appearances to date he may have that something special and potentially has a better all round game than Patterson but rightly is not dislodging him in a winning team. But, is it rightly?

Are we winning most of the time in spite of Patterson? I know many will say stupid comments like obviously not there Tuesday then and missed his pass - yes I was and no I didn’t - but the truth is you shit enough times out of a plane and you will eventually give somebody turd-eye to much merriment!!

A lot of games, even during this impressive run, he has looked the weakest link but not the last 2 or 3 granted.

It cannot have escaped attention that a few of our points since January have really been won in the last 20 minutes and most games they have been after Patterson has been subbed - but not Tuesday of course.

I think the truth is people want to see more of Palmer as there is a belief we can play even better and maybe unlock the defence a bit earlier in games.

Also if he does nothing more than 20 minute impact sub - he ain’t going to be interested in extending his stay and I’m sure most will agree on what we’ve seen that is something to be avoided if possible.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I think this is fair enough.

He has shown in his brief appearances to date he may have that something special and potentially has a better all round game than Patterson but rightly is not dislodging him in a winning team. But, is it rightly?

Are we winning most of the time in spite of Patterson? I know many will say stupid comments like obviously not there Tuesday then and missed his pass - yes I was and no I didn’t - but the truth is you shit enough times out of a plane and you will eventually give somebody turd-eye to much merriment!!

A lot of games, even during this impressive run, he has looked the weakest link but not the last 2 or 3 granted.

It cannot have escaped attention that a few of our points since January have really been won in the last 20 minutes and most games they have been after Patterson has been subbed - but not Tuesday of course.

I think the truth is people want to see more of Palmer as there is a belief we can play even better and maybe unlock the defence a bit earlier in games.

Also if he does nothing more than 20 minute impact sub - he ain’t going to be interested in extending his stay and I’m sure most will agree on what we’ve seen that is something to be avoided if possible.

Exactly my thoughts 

Any idea who this could be?

Johnson also revealed that another 'important player' could be set to miss the game: "We’ve got one other player who is not quite right that I’m not going to reveal at this stage because it’s quite an important player. But we’ve got other players chomping at the bit ready to come in."

11 minutes ago, Big C said:

Johnson also revealed that another 'important player' could be set to miss the game: "We’ve got one other player who is not quite right that I’m not going to reveal at this stage because it’s quite an important player. But we’ve got other players chomping at the bit ready to come in."

Pack?

They have a similar thread going:

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/team-for-bristol-city.209759/

to be fair they know their football and they have heard of us - perhaps we are not as ‘under the radar’ as we would like to think?!!!!

i believe that they will really go for us on Sunday - they are safe in the Prem but are not going to get a Europe place.  If I was Nuno I would play my strongest 11 for the chance of some silverware - even sacrificing the league (they won’t go down this season). 

Its all about whether we also go for it - remember last years glory - brilliant performances but NO cup and NO promotion either. 

I personally would like the youngsters to get a run in, but of course I will be cheering on anyone who is selected - from my local bar in the Costa Del Sol!!!

25 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

They have a similar thread going:

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/team-for-bristol-city.209759/

to be fair they know their football and they have heard of us - perhaps we are not as ‘under the radar’ as we would like to think?!!!!

i believe that they will really go for us on Sunday - they are safe in the Prem but are not going to get a Europe place.  If I was Nuno I would play my strongest 11 for the chance of some silverware - even sacrificing the league (they won’t go down this season). 

Its all about whether we also go for it - remember last years glory - brilliant performances but NO cup and NO promotion either. 

I personally would like the youngsters to get a run in, but of course I will be cheering on anyone who is selected - from my local bar in the Costa Del Sol!!!

Off-topic, but yet another awful looking forum from another club.

50 minutes ago, Big C said:

Weimann

11 hours ago, Big C said:

Might explain the substitution. I was wondering if it could be O’Dowda as he took a whack whilst wasting time in the corner.

Big C. I think you saw what I saw. Callum took a hell of a whack and a stamp on the ankle.

Whilst I want us to beat Wolves and progress even further, there is something very real and exciting about our league position. I don't mind admitting that for the first time in years, I really think we have a decent shout at making the play-offs. To play the likes of COD, Pack & Weimann is taking an unnecessary risk. Pack and COD in particular are looking a little jaded. I would also love to see Eliasson and Morrell start on Sunday. Kelly will have a point to prove. I would rather use this cup game as the 'confidence booster' as opposed to one of the crucial league matches

20 hours ago, Monkeh said:

While I want us to win,

i don’t really want the distraction of a cup quarter finel,

not after what happened last season

I think if we got through that would just add to our promotion push and not be a distraction. Imagine how the boys would feel having despatched another Prem club . We will feel confident of surviving in the top division if we go up . 

The players know that they could lose their first team spot if they drop off their performance levels and not many are going to want to miss out on the home stretch of a remarkable season. 

It is , with Wolves , four extra matches to play so shouldn’t be too much of a physical problem for the squad.

We’ve had less Caramel Cup matches this year .

We have an amazing opportunity to get to an FA cup final this year and once there anything can happen, even against one of the top six . 

I’m going for the double ! 

Archived