IGNORED

Lee Johnson

Bar BS3

Take a bow Sir..! 

I believe that his braveness and substitutions won us that game tonight. 

Took a risk/calculated gamble and it really paid off. 

Even his biggest critics can’t but have admired his management tonight. Top class! 

This run, there are no critics left, just ****s. 

As Jens said, he made mistakes, my god has he learned from them. 

You can see now how his game management has changed. Before he believed in his pre-game analysis and stuck dogmatically with the plan, he’s proactive now not reactive, and he’s getting it right. 

He is beginning to show serious potential  

Has he really got many critics left? That is what pisses me off with all the ‘well what do the LJ haters think of that then’ and comments similar, all it does is put peoples back up and divides support at a time we should all be together like the players and management.  This is not aimed at your post here by the way. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Take a bow Sir..! 

Even his biggest critics can’t but have admired his management tonight. Top class! 

Agree. Bold to replace Pack with Taylor especially. I did not see that coming. 

3 minutes ago, gordie said:

Has he really got many critics left? That is what pisses me off with all the ‘well what do the LJ haters think of that then’ and comments similar, all it does is put peoples back up and divides support at a time we should all be together like the players and management.  This is not aimed at your post here by the way. 

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

IMO I personally didn’t see taking Pack off was a tactical decision from LJ, Marlon was absolutely seething with the Ref after he was shown a yellow and the QPR somehow getting away with a ridiculous high challenge on him earlier in the game, so I thought he took him off before he got sent off.

Could be wrong though! Either way it worked!

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Even his biggest critics can’t but have admired his management tonight.

His critics (though many hereabouts  are unable to differentiate between those who constructively criticise aspects of his performance and those who slate him for personal reasons,) will rightly point out that he got the set up wrong from the outset (as he himself admits he's prone to do, which is to his credit.) The changes, well we couldn't have gotten much worse than first half so chances were however he changed it we'd improve.

But we won, so who cares?

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

IMO I personally didn’t see taking Pack off was a tactical decision from LJ, Marlon was absolutely seething with the Ref after he was shown a yellow and the QPR somehow getting away with a ridiculous high challenge on him earlier in the game, so I thought he took him off before he got sent off.

Could be wrong though! Either way it worked!

The fact he picked Taylor over Palmer was the surprise.

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Take a bow Sir..! 

Taking Pack off and bringing Taylor proved to be a master stroke that I don't think any of us seen coming 

Fantastic game management from him tonight . We could argue dropping Da Silva was daft....but....hats off to him again tonight with the subs he made 

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Both were seriously warming up, but we could only bring one on. Matty is fantastic in these situations, worth the admission fee. The surprise for me was Marlon going off!

Matty was perfect for today, I was hoping he'd bring him on at half time, so glad he did. Excellent work LJ

Happy to see LJ getting the credit he deserves but I'm not convinced he got it perfect tonight. I felt Eliasson for Weimann upset our shape and was part of the reason we struggled first half. No problem with Eliasson, I love the guy, and I'd start with him, but I just felt it left us with too many players around the edges of, instead of running into, the dangerous areas. We had no-one running down the channels or close enough to Diedhiou. 

That changed when Taylor came on because it gave us that shape back. 

I thought the swap for Pack was a great move though: QPR had given up any real attacking intent so we didn't need the role Pack plays. Plus, pretty sure he'd taken a knock not long before that, so all in all a good move. 

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

I hope LJ is sat with a glass of red infront of his fireplace, with a great big smug grin on his face right now. He deserves it.

and taking the pins out of his Steve MacLaren doll.

28 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

His critics (though many hereabouts  are unable to differentiate between those who constructively criticise aspects of his performance and those who slate him for personal reasons,) will rightly point out that he got the set up wrong from the outset (as he himself admits he's prone to do, which is to his credit.) The changes, well we couldn't have gotten much worse than first half so chances were however he changed it we'd improve.

But we won, so who cares?

What did he get wrong in his starting line up where we looked comfortable for 40 mins until the players started playing like fannys? 

36 minutes ago, eardun said:

Guys either side of me thought Pack should come off.  They said Didn’t need a deep playmaker when we were getting into their half easily enough, needed men in / around the box.

Taylor or Palmer...got it right.

The braver decision was at h-t and 0-1 down to use a second sub to get Dasilva on, knowing that you then only bring on Taylor or Palmer.  That sub got a big thumbs up for me.  We all deliberated at h-t whether it was right to use a second sub at full-back.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Guys either side of me thought Pack should come off.  They said Didn’t need a deep playmaker when we were getting into their half easily enough, needed men in / around the box.

Taylor or Palmer...got it right.

The braver decision was at h-t and 0-1 down to use a second sub to get Dasilva on, knowing that you then only bring on Taylor or Palmer.  That sub got a big thumbs up for me.  We all deliberated at h-t whether it was right to use a second sub at full-back.

Marlon looked like he was losing it for a bit after he was booked and kept on at the ref. Then he was clattered not long afterwards and was hobbling quite badly. 

Good decision IMHO as he was a potential red card waiting to happen tonight.

58 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Marlon looked like he was losing it for a bit after he was booked and kept on at the ref. Then he was clattered not long afterwards and was hobbling quite badly. 

Good decision IMHO as he was a potential red card waiting to happen tonight.

That was the way we saw it. QPR were only going to keep niggling at him until he got a second yellow.

No-one is suggesting he doesn't know absolutely our best starting 11 and I doubt even his doubters of last season would question his use of subs these days. After a 'terrible ' run of 4 defeats some on here felt they knew as much as the coach (laugh). After 15 without defeat it is good to see that criticism has gone to where it should be -north of the river.

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Taking Pack off and bringing Taylor proved to be a master stroke that I don't think any of us seen coming 

Fantastic game management from him tonight . We could argue dropping Da Silva was daft....but....hats off to him again tonight with the subs he made 

But even then you can understand it, it was obvious they were going to put lots of crosses in with Wells and Smith and Kelly is better equipped to deal with that than Dasilva.

7 hours ago, 29AR said:

This run, there are no critics left, just ****s. 

As Jens said, he made mistakes, my god has he learned from them. 

You can see now how his game management has changed. Before he believed in his pre-game analysis and stuck dogmatically with the plan, he’s proactive now not reactive, and he’s getting it right. 

He is beginning to show serious potential  

Not everyone is fan...

55841A43-B24A-48D7-BEB2-31B62678D068.thumb.png.ae8a154fcfb6e79229a02ecad4e75c08.png

He doesn't know his best 11 and his football is too complex - mainly because he doesn't have a best 11, he has a complex group can fulfil different roles when called upon. Yes the football is complex and players may take time to understand it but what's the other option, go long get it up the pitch with big lads - not great football, get the best players - I don't have a spare £200m does anyone know anyone that does? 

The best players are the ones that can execute the game plan. 

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What did he get wrong in his starting line up where we looked comfortable for 40 mins until the players started playing like fannys? 

DaSilva trumps Kelly, Palmer trumps Patterson any day of the week and we should have started our best and most offensive line up. If the first 40 were comfortable how comes The Wardrobe had 4 chances, a bloke who hadn't scored on the road in 17 months until last night? Fact is first half we we soft and ponderous and although Weimann's injury didn't help the initial XI set the tone.

52 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

DaSilva trumps Kelly, Palmer trumps Patterson any day of the week and we should have started our best and most offensive line up. If the first 40 were comfortable how comes The Wardrobe had 4 chances, a bloke who hadn't scored on the road in 17 months until last night? Fact is first half we we soft and ponderous and although Weimann's injury didn't help the initial XI set the tone.

Kelly had a mare last night and Dasilva gets better & better, but rotation at LB is no big surprise. 

Patto was excellent for much of last night and Palmer didn’t come on anyway..!!

Taylor often effects games from the bench, far more than he does when he starts games. 

Can’t argue with Starting Wiemann, but as soon as he went down injured, I hoped that LJ would unleash Niclas. 

I think that LJ got pretty much everything spot on. 

Sorry if that still irks you (and a few remaining others). Don’t worry, we are bound to lose a game soon and then you enjoy yourselves..! 

Archived