IGNORED

Referee Tonight

underhanded

Thought the ref had a really poor night tonight, that strangely played into our hands. He never seemed to have a hold on the game, and around 60-70 minutes started to significantly lose control of the QPR gamesmanship and shirt pulling.

The crowd then increasingly got on his back, and further ineffective refereeing increased the pressure - which in my eyes, ultimately led to the wrong decision to award a penalty. 

Happy days for us, but one of the poorer displays from the man in black I've seen down the AG for a while

Appalling officiating.

Spent the first half letting QPR get away with murder, Then booked Pack for his first foul in the second. Did nothing to stop QPR time wasting then disallowed what looked a perfectly good goal. 

Thought Pisano was a gonner towards the end, gave a soft penalty after failing to penalise plenty of shirt pulling all second half, then lost control while QPR did everything they could to put off Famara in the build up, including scuffing up the penalty spot. 

Anything I missed?

I actually thought he started off alright, letting the game flow, but it descended into one of the worst performances I've seen in a long time. A number of awful decisions for both sides. And he'd completely lost control by the end.

Stuff like letting Luongo off with multiple offences then booking Pack for his first, similar offence is just basic inconsistency that gets fans, players and managers' backs up.

Ref was a complete clown let too much go in the first half then booked Pack for a foul which was nothing more than a free kick. I didn’t see much wrong with our disallowed header and then a strange decision towards the end which appeared to be offside but the linesman wasn’t even flagging. I appreciate referring isn’t easy but some of the officials just make it hard for themselves. 

I thought he was terrible.

If he nipped the time wasting antics and shirt pulling of those plastic cockneys early enough we would have had a far better game.

As for their right back in the second half he must fancy himself as a French polisher the amount of times he applied his art. I'd have blown up for full time the moment we scored the winner. Why should they benefit from their time wasting.

It couldn't have happened to a "nicer" team especially with Wally going apoplectic at the **** of a ref at full time.

Just seen the highlights and I think there was a decent case for our pen. Many wouldn't have given it, granted, but still contact to bring Diedhiou down. Not on the highlights but I thought there looked an equally good call for them after that when the sub went down in the box. But then again, can't see much wrong with Pisano's goal, so all in all a fair result!

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I actually thought he started off alright, letting the game flow, but it descended into one of the worst performances I've seen in a long time. A number of awful decisions for both sides. And he'd completely lost control by the end.

Stuff like letting Luongo off with multiple offences then booking Pack for his first, similar offence is just basic inconsistency that gets fans, players and managers' backs up.

I'd agree, he tried to let the game flow but then QPR pushed that line further and further and he just kept letting them do it. 2 clear yellow cards in the first half, can't remember who blocked off Eliasson but no attempt to play the ball not far from the box and Smith was winding up before cleaning out Kelly. Yellow card should have come straight out after the penalty when QPR players refused to retreat from the box, was obvious they were just delaying to try and put Fam off. Bidwell told the ref to **** off to his face when being told to retreat and didn't get booked, then got a booking 2 mins later. Thought his lack of yellows early for QPR was poor, if a few had been booked they'd have had to watch their tackles in the 2nd half. Still, enough were booked to get a fine it seems.

6 bookings in injury time for QPR tells the story of how he lost control. I won't be surprised if they get charged with losing control of their players by the FA.

Throughout the game, he seemed to be caught in a mindset of wanting to let the game flow, and giving them just one more chance. As others have said that attitude came back to bite him later on, when he tried to take back some authority.

The QPR players at the penalty, and the final whistle were an absolute disgrace. How he didn't send any of them off (like Zouma for Everton) is beyond me.

That said I thought Pisano deserved a 2nd yellow; and the Eke being fouled in our box was as much a penalty; as the one we got. 

Never seen a ref take so long to make his mind up about a penalty as well. Must have been a good 4-5 seconds. Nobody knew what was happening.

very poor ref, have watched the disallowed goal a number of times and cannot see what he has blown up, the penalty Diedhiou tried to throw himself at the ball to get some contact but was being hauled back by the defender with his arms around his body, was amazed he gave it after his performance up to then

53 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Appalling officiating.

Spent the first half letting QPR get away with murder, Then booked Pack for his first foul in the second. Did nothing to stop QPR time wasting then disallowed what looked a perfectly good goal. 

Thought Pisano was a gonner towards the end, gave a soft penalty after failing to penalise plenty of shirt pulling all second half, then lost control while QPR did everything they could to put off Famara in the build up, including scuffing up the penalty spot. 

Anything I missed?

No spot on how he never booked any Qpr players il never know 

6 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

very poor ref, have watched the disallowed goal a number of times and cannot see what he has blown up, the penalty Diedhiou tried to throw himself at the ball to get some contact but was being hauled back by the defender with his arms around his body, was amazed he gave it after his performance up to then

It was a foul on pisano if anything,

and it was a pen after seeing it again, the lad had fammy round the waste

36 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It was a foul on pisano if anything,

and it was a pen after seeing it again, the lad had fammy round the waste

Didnt look like any foul by Pisano but never a penalty. Evened itself out in the end.

The behavior of their players after the penalty was given was an utter disgrace - in no sense did he have control of that incident.

And as for McLaren at the end I hope he is in the referees report - ranting at an official in the middle the pitch at the FT whistle is simply not on.

The game was over and yes he felt aggrieved but that was not the way to show it and not the example he should be showing his players.

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I actually thought he started off alright, letting the game flow

That's how I saw it too, by half time personally I was actually impressed and looked up who he was. Think a lot of the comments here are a little harsh when you think of some of the absolute belters we've had over the years (to put things in perspective).

Take out the Pack booking (which was blatant - and their equivalent on Pisano I think he simply forgot having played on) and at least you could say he was otherwise consistent in letting the game manage itself, rather than descending into stop-start.

I'd far sooner that than a ref who wants to be centre of attention and breaks up the football, which ultimately just lets the away side reset and prepare each time. Yes QPR time-wasting could have been booked, but in the end that played into our hands too.

As for the penalty, initial reaction was it was generous, especially for a ref that let so much go, but watching it back several times, their player lets Fam get across him goalside, and is nowhere near the ball when he bundles into him to impede his run. Pen.

36 minutes ago, Super said:

Didnt look like any foul by Pisano but never a penalty. Evened itself out in the end.

The guy was pulling pisanos shirt before the header, that’s a foul and a pen

the guy had his arms round fammy midsection almost rugby tackle like, that’s a pen every day of the week 

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The guy was pulling pisanos shirt before the header, that’s a foul and a pen

the guy had his arms round fammy midsection almost rugby tackle like, that’s a pen every day of the week 

Sorry I meant that the Pisano goal clearly should have stood but the penalty decision was terrible.

Archived