IGNORED

Referee Tonight

underhanded

Genuinely an awful ref and had we not won it late on we would of been even more critical. Luongo should have probably got 2 yellows over the course of the game, Pisano's goal should have stood, he should have then been sent off late on and the penalty was a joke. However I don't care, the 3 points are in the bag and we're laughing. When luck goes your way, it really does go your way and QPR aren't getting the rub of the green, which as we know, you never usually do when on a bad run. Just hoping luck stays on our side for the rest of the season. Another dodgy penalty in the 93rd minute against Norwich will do please. 

Saw some of the QPR moans, including a mate , saying they were robbed and it wasn't a Pen.
Well, from my POV. 
The Pen was aPen, maybe one of those that could easily not been given. I do wonder if ignoring what seemed a certain hand ball, and several shirt pulling/dragging/fouls in the box while giving a free kick for similar to defenders finally got to him. That and the "goal" , may have finally tipped him over the edge to give it.
As for cards, they seemed to get away with murder, and you could have guessed it would be a City player to get booked first.

Was it the same player that, caught Pack, body checked O'Dowda and then went through Eliasson ? Time wasting was typical , and sadly normal but the only time that the Ref even mentioned it was after we had gone 2-1. 

It still annoys me that Linesmen/assistants are either incapable or not allowed to make a decision. Fans shirt nearly being pulled off clear from where we were but the Lino in front of us ignored it, and a few others . He barely made a throw in decision without checking with the Ref first. Not so much a 'team' , more the Linesmen are there to keep the Ref company .

Did you see him look at the linesman before awarding the pen? The Lansdown Stand lino inducated he thought it was a pen and then the ref gave it.

Throughout the game, the bloke seemed very unsure of himself 

To get a free-kick you had to throw yourself to the floor and roll about a bit with added sound affects, like their #22 did.

And to allow the blatant pisstaking of all that "drying the ball" nonsense!  Weak,  weak, weak.

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

Just seen the highlights and I think there was a decent case for our pen. Many wouldn't have given it, granted, but still contact to bring Diedhiou down. Not on the highlights but I thought there looked an equally good call for them after that when the sub went down in the box. But then again, can't see much wrong with Pisano's goal, so all in all a fair result!

Saw the incident in the evening. They both ended up on the floor with the QPRs arm clearly round Packs waist. Definately a penalty. Obviously copying Warnocks time wasting tactics.

12 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

What was the incident that Pisano should have had a red for? Didn't notice it in all the fun of the last 15 mins.

2nd yellow down in the corner of the lansdown/Atyeo. He was very lucky tbf although by that stage how they still had 11 on the pitch I'll never know... 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm intrigued about a qpr player being cautioned after the final whistle for a foul. How does this happen? 

It was the guy who ran over and screamed in the refs face after the whistle. Got booked and just carried on, so more weak refereeing as he should have then seen red. 

12 hours ago, Nuno Gomez said:

No one mentioned O'Dowda being taken out at the corner flag when we were keeping the ball to run down the clock. I am not sure but he may have picked up and injury from that. 

I said after seeing a few of the challenges last night that I bet a few are being patched up today and full of bruises.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm intrigued about a qpr player being cautioned after the final whistle for a foul. How does this happen? 

He booked two after the final whistle, can only be for dissent offences can’t they?

• Admin
37 minutes ago, kit said:

It was the guy who ran over and screamed in the refs face after the whistle. Got booked and just carried on, so more weak refereeing as he should have then seen red. 

No, that was another player 

35 minutes ago, RedM said:

He booked two after the final whistle, can only be for dissent offences can’t they?

That's what I thought 

20190213_212946.jpg

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

2nd yellow down in the corner of the lansdown/Atyeo. He was very lucky tbf although by that stage how they still had 11 on the pitch I'll never know... 

Looked like Pisano was just having a dig back, after all the hits he had taken. Fair play to him but I did expect a 2nd yellow. 

15 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Did you see him look at the linesman before awarding the pen? The Lansdown Stand lino inducated he thought it was a pen and then the ref gave it.

Throughout the game, the bloke seemed very unsure of himself 

To get a free-kick you had to throw yourself to the floor and roll about a bit with added sound affects, like their #22 did.

And to allow the blatant pisstaking of all that "drying the ball" nonsense!  Weak,  weak, weak.

I'll take credit for this ?

In the minutes before this that lino got a right ear full from a load of us as he was missing loads of fouls.

I'm certain I saw a player wrap their arms around Matty Taylor's neck at a corner /freekick at one point. 

Picking up on an observation in that wonderful QPR report about his having awarded us two penalties in two games:

I had a look back at the referee's record and it would seem that in the past 4 matches that we've had him, he has awarded us two penalties, and sent off two opponents, each in different matches. Add in that in his last Rovers game he sent off Tom Lockyear in the 119th minute (wonderful sh*thousing), and I think we've got ourselves a closet Red. :whistle: 

We've actually had him fairly regularly at Championship level and our record is very good - four wins in six games, and two home wins last season at an aggregate 6-0 score. The only time we haven't won at Ashton Gate with him as referee was vs Newcastle. And he's from the North East so that night explain that rare aberration from our man Tony. 

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Picking up on an observation in that wonderful QPR report about his having awarded us two penalties in two games:

I had a look back at the referee's record and it would seem that in the past 4 matches that we've had him, he has awarded us two penalties, and sent off two opponents, each in different matches. Add in that in his last Rovers game he sent off Tom Lockyear in the 119th minute (wonderful sh*thousing), and I think we've got ourselves a closet Red. :whistle: 

We've actually had him fairly regularly at Championship level and our record is very good - four wins in six games, and two home wins last season at an aggregate 6-0 score. The only time we haven't won at Ashton Gate with him as referee was vs Newcastle. And he's from the North East so that night explain that rare aberration from our man Tony. 

Tony Harrington - he’s one of our own.

9 hours ago, phantom said:

No, that was another player 

That's what I thought 

20190213_212946.jpg

That’s weird, since when has arguing with a referee a separate offence from dissent? The use of abusive or foul language is sometimes said instead, but ‘arguing’? 

I thought Pack was very close to losing it with the Ref when he got booked, he rightly had a point if he was saying what I thought he was, ie what about all the other fouls and pointing out areas of the pitch where more clear cut offences were made by QPR. I’m sure he was subbed only for the reason he might have been sent off as he was so wound up. Bailey Wrightbwas subbed on Saturday for much the same reason, not that Bailey lost it, more the Ref was likely to send him off if he did anything remotely like a foul. It was best to make the sub rather than lose the player.

Pisano took one for the team, not once but twice maybe. Thought the second might have got a red, so thank you Ref for perhaps balancing things a bit after the QPR antics. 

Never a great fan of QPR but they have elevated themselves to my list of teams which I hope crash and burn in the near future.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I'm certain I saw a player wrap their arms around Matty Taylor's neck at a corner /freekick at one point. 

Sitting in A block of the Dolman, I lost count of the number of times Fammy was being manhandled with the defender having both arms around his chest, it was incredible it was a matter of feet away from the linesman and was never flagged as an offence

Archived