IGNORED

Europe! (Merged Many Times)

Evocare

OK I don't want to get too excited, but there must be stats available to see which football teams in Europe on 'on form' 

We have to be among them, and in the Championship too wow, this is not an easy league. Credit to the the club, staff and players (and fans), im so proud right now.

6 minutes ago, Evocare said:

OK I don't want to get too excited, but there must be stats available to see which football teams in Europe on 'on form' 

We have to be among them, and in the Championship too wow, this is not an easy league. Credit to the the club, staff and players (and fans), im so proud right now.

https://www.whoscored.com/Statistics/Teams

Not sure if it's got tonight's result on yet.

3 hours ago, Whites said:

Form teams in Europe? 

I'll just leave this here...

(Apologies if already posted).

received_2328461810812616.jpeg

What really stands out to me (other than being the best team on form in the whole of Europe!), is that we’re pretty much the lowest goal scorers there. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t be happier with things the way they are, but just imagine if we had the current squad now plus a 20+ goals a season striker... scary!!

34 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

What really stands out to me (other than being the best team on form in the whole of Europe!), is that we’re pretty much the lowest goal scorers there. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t be happier with things the way they are, but just imagine if we had the current squad now plus a 20+ goals a season striker... scary!!

That does jump out at you as does we have only 4 conceded in 10 games.

I like that we are still ahead of Man City who have averaged 4 goals per game whilst only conceding basically 1 goal every 3 games - crazy !!

27 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

That reminds me, I must get my eyes tested. ?

True we would be frighteningly good with a prolific goalscorer but you can’t do much more than gain 3 points in a match, something that this bunch of lads are now doing week in week out. All credit to them and the coaching staff. Immensely proud to be a Red right now.

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I don’t think it would make massive difference, we seem to have set up well defending from the back whilst knowing we have the quality to score 1 or 2 goals. We have seen before that Deidhiou can be a 15-20 goal striker if we play the other way but that doesn’t always guarantee results in this league.

Make your money go further by reducing the number of goals you concede. Centre forwards are overpriced compared to central defenders. Why pay mega bucks for a set of strikers who will score you three a game, when for much more reasonable money you can avoid letting in two, and only have to score one. Classic moneyball. 

Clearly if we had mega money we’d want to do both. 

33 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Well according to win rate for the last 10 games, great to see our name listed above some massive clubs

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/forget-real-madrid-bristol-city-2542552

Have to laugh this was posted by By Gregor MacGregor at 06:45, 14 FEB 2019 in the Evil post, but posted by the OP on here  at 02.18 yesterday, 

Archived