IGNORED

West Brom Penalty last night

DownendRed97

5 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Anyone see this? Blatant dive by Gayle...does this mean there will be retrospective action and a 2 game ban for conning the ref? Surely the FA need to look into it

Does it depend on Forest complaining? If not, I would guess absolutely nothing will be done. Sorry to be so cynical but that seems to be the way it works.

On the late sports section on BBC news, this match was featured, while we barely got a mention, despite continuing our winning run and being only a point behind West Brom. Even Bolton got more coverage, and of course Oldham, but then the BBC sports department is based in Manchester! 

The longer we fly under the radar the better as far as I am concerned. That said, if we win again on Sunday, I am sure that the media will finally take a bit more notice...

29 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Does it depend on Forest complaining? If not, I would guess absolutely nothing will be done. Sorry to be so cynical but that seems to be the way it works.

On the late sports section on BBC news, this match was featured, while we barely got a mention, despite continuing our winning run and being only a point behind West Brom. Even Bolton got more coverage, and of course Oldham, but then the BBC sports department is based in Manchester! 

The longer we fly under the radar the better as far as I am concerned. That said, if we win again on Sunday, I am sure that the media will finally take a bit more notice...

We are not flying under the radar, everybody knows we are flying and a real threat, it is just the media still do not perceive us as a big club, apart from Colin Murray, he ******* loves us

46 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Anyone see this? Blatant dive by Gayle...does this mean there will be retrospective action and a 2 game ban for conning the ref? Surely the FA need to look into it

Has one of our players been banned like this? Mind blank this morning 

34 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

5 Live have mentioned us three times this morning already 

18 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

So you don't remember Bailey Wright getting banned for "deceiving" the ref?

I haven't seen this incident, but got a feeling that the rules say if you decieve the ref and this results in a yellow, red or pen, then retrospective action can be taken......

Away at Fulham, for supposedly feigning injury

26 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

So you don't remember Bailey Wright getting banned for "deceiving" the ref?

I haven't seen this incident, but got a feeling that the rules say if you decieve the ref and this results in a yellow, red or pen, then retrospective action can be taken......

Players dive for penalties every week and don’t get banned so can’t see Gayle being banned. Wright was banned for getting a player sent off. Not the same type of incident 

31 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Players dive for penalties every week and don’t get banned so can’t see Gayle being banned. Wright was banned for getting a player sent off. Not the same type of incident 

But last year in the prem Lanzini for West Ham and Niasse for Everton got banned for diving for penalties, just haven’t seen it be enforced since then. 

1 hour ago, gordie said:

We are not flying under the radar, everybody knows we are flying and a real threat, it is just the media still do not perceive us as a big club, apart from Colin Murray, he ******* loves us

This. "under the radar" should be a censored term on the forum, fed up of seeing it ?

56 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yes you're right, it happens alot.......but, simulation is a punishable offence; it just needs to be consistant.

In my opinion, Bailey Wright did not get the player sent off, he raised his hands and pushed him if I recall, and Bailey made alot of it. Never the less, raised hands and a push is a sending of offence in any case?

Understand what your saying about pens for sure, but something very blatant should be punished don't you think?

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

It does happen every week, but the rule was brought in for cases where the Ref was tricked into giving a Pen. If he sees it and books a player, that is seen as done (wrongly imo), but if the Pen is given and deemed cheating then it should be 2 match ban, why there is a difference I don't know. 
The Bailey Wright one was looked on as exaggeration , and so again , conning the Ref. 
These rules should be used all the time or never, it seems a bit scattergun , and teams rightly feel hard done by if one gets pulled up and another case goes unpunished.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Bailey Wright was banned for apparently feigning injury. Not for diving for a penalty. Bit different I’d say 

The poster you replied to was talking about restrospective action from the FA and a 2 game ban for ‘conning’ the ref.

You asked if any of our players have been punished in a similar fashion?

Bailey Wright.

2 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Can't stand Gayle.  

Thought Martin O'Neill conducted himself with great dignity when asked about it.  I'm not sure Roy Keane would have reacted the same way!!!

Gale wouldn't have needed to dive had Keane been on the pitch - Keane would have made sure it was a penalty!

Archived