IGNORED

West Brom Penalty last night

DownendRed97

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Bailey Wright was banned for apparently feigning injury. Not for diving for a penalty. Bit different I’d say 

Thought he was banned for being Australian.

I notice on Twitter a lot of Leeds fans are complaining that both the West Brom and City penalties and further evidence of a conspiracy by the EFL against them.

These seem to be grown adults too. The mind boggles. Perhaps the slump in form and spygate haven't just got the wheels coming off but left a screw loose too.

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

This. "under the radar" should be a censored term on the forum, fed up of seeing it ?

Anyone who is in the game or has an ounce of footballing knowledge... we'll be on their radar. 

Its immaterial that the click-bait media are as thick as ****. Their radar is of no consequence. 

3 hours ago, Olé said:

I notice on Twitter a lot of Leeds fans are complaining that both the West Brom and City penalties and further evidence of a conspiracy by the EFL against them.

These seem to be grown adults too. The mind boggles. Perhaps the slump in form and spygate haven't just got the wheels coming off but left a screw loose too.

That says to me Leeds fans are worrying about doing a Bristol city this season

ie blowing a good chance,

havent they won 2 of the last 8 or something 

6 hours ago, Olé said:

How sad is this.............talk about desperately clutching at a whole bunch 'a straws.  I always believed Leeds were in a slightly false position, and the Norwich home game confirmed it.  Unfortunately though i think we will encounter them in the play offs, as Leeds won't finish top 2.......probably 5th or 6th,just below us......ha!

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Good. Cheating shit. He won't do it again now he's been caught out.

Oh I have no doubts at all that he’ll have no problem about doing it again, 2 game ban for blatant cheating and admitting it is piss poor imo, Zaha for example, same punishment for sarcasm! Should be a huge fine and 5 match ban MINIMUM. Cheats the opposition on the day and no doubt will effect the final league table. Also I’d deduct any points gained by clubs from players cheating, will be the ONLY way these tossers will stop. Imagine a club missing out on automatic promotion or play offs after finishing level on points or 1 point behind WBA (GD depending) I’d be raging.

On 13/02/2019 at 07:48, RedDave said:

Has one of our players been banned like this? Mind blank this morning 

5 Live have mentioned us three times this morning already 

The guys on Talksport were waxing lyrical about LJ this morning too....said they couldn’t understand why clubs like Southampton and Huddersfield automatically looked abroad for new managers when they could have given someone like LJ a go....we ain’t under this mythical radar that some people seem to think exists....we are being talked about, again....

On 13/02/2019 at 17:37, maxjak said:

How sad is this.............talk about desperately clutching at a whole bunch 'a straws.  I always believed Leeds were in a slightly false position, and the Norwich home game confirmed it.  Unfortunately though i think we will encounter them in the play offs, as Leeds won't finish top 2.......probably 5th or 6th,just below us......ha!

I don’t think a team with 61 points in February is in a ‘false position’ - and losing one game doesn’t confirm anything....

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Oh I have no doubts at all that he’ll have no problem about doing it again, 2 game ban for blatant cheating and admitting it is piss poor imo, Zaha for example, same punishment for sarcasm! Should be a huge fine and 5 match ban MINIMUM. Cheats the opposition on the day and no doubt will effect the final league table.

He'll no doubt think it was worth it, gained a valuable point, and WBA can put someone in his place for a couple of games which may not end up costing them anything. 

Although the opposition can't be given the points (imagine the complaints from other clubs), I see no reason why the EFL shouldn't have the power to deduct the point WBA gained as a direct result of this cheating.

That said there would be other more marginal calls which would cause controversy they would rather avoid...

(I see I took so long typing my reply BCFC11 has already edited the post I quoted to make the same point ?)

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The guys on Talksport were waxing lyrical about LJ this morning too....said they couldn’t understand why clubs like Southampton and Huddersfield automatically looked abroad for new managers when they could have given someone like LJ a go....we ain’t under this mythical radar that some people seem to think exists....we are being talked about, again....

We are under the radar because we have been winning by the odd goal and not getting noticed as much . If we were doing a man city and thrashing sides we would be far more in the limelight in my opinion. Long may we continue winning by an odd goal :-)

4 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

He'll no doubt think it was worth it, gained a valuable point, and WBA can put someone in his place for a couple of games which may not end up costing them anything. 

Although the opposition can't be given the points (imagine the complaints from other clubs), I see no reason why the EFL shouldn't have the power to deduct the point WBA gained as a direct result of this cheating.

That said there would be other more marginal calls which would cause controversy they would rather avoid...

(I see I took so long typing my reply BCFC11 has already edited the post I quoted to make the same point ?)

We shouldn’t change the game.  If points deductions were ‘a thing’ for in game play the title would be decided in a courtroom somewhere.

It’s imperfect but it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

We shouldn’t change the game.  If points deductions were ‘a thing’ for in game play the title would be decided in a courtroom somewhere.

It’s imperfect but it is what it is.

Can’t see what grounds any club would have to even take it to court (if the rules were to be changed) if one of their players had broken the ‘laws’ of the game by means of cheating. I’m all for it although the FA haven’t got to balls to make such decisions.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Can’t see what grounds any club would have to even take it to court (if the rules were to be changed) if one of their players had broken the ‘laws’ of the game by means of cheating. I’m all for it although the FA haven’t got to balls to make such decisions.

The FA have the balls for clubs that aren't famous, like City!

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think a team with 61 points in February is in a ‘false position’ - and losing one game doesn’t confirm anything....

Optimum word is 'slightly'..................and only 10 pts from 21 since jan 1st.  We have caught up 11 points since then.  I have put my money down, by laying them on Betfair, not to go up.  It could be misguided?  We'll see  ?

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Those clubs wouldn't be too bad a move for him to be honest, he is going to need the type of board that will show him the kind of patience that SL has. 

Archived