IGNORED

what do you need to test drive a car

Fiale

I’ve got a courtesy car at the moment (slightly different I know) but they just needed my driving license and national insurance number. They needed the NI number to check how many points I had on my license, (currently none :D ) so they knew that I was allowed to drive on the road.

When I test drove my current car, they just wanted to see my license. They’ll come out with you often, so you don’t go out on your own in it. 

Also if you only have a paper license you are probably going to need to request the license card from the DVLA. As in they expire every 10 years now I’m pretty sure. 

Crazy how long my paper one has lasted (still valid as well according to DVLA) but think I will get a new one anyway so I can show of my ugly mug. Had the same car for coming just over a decade (and was from private seller) before that when I went to a dealership they just gave me keys, but I was guessing things are not like that anymore. 

Thanks guys

Paper licence is still very much valid - I still have mine, and it's unblemished too! :cool:

Best to check with the sellers if they want a full list of stuff or are prepared to let you loose. Some bigger ones might be a bit more concerned, smaller ones a bit more informal. Let us know if you get a nice sets of wheels.

Archived