IGNORED

Tonight’s games (Merged)

Unan

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Only thing is its at Ipswich not Derby so slimmest chance they may get a draw. Any result from the Shef/Boro game can work for us. I wouldn't mind a Leeds win so much that they potentially kill off Swansea a bit more, would be 9 points behind us having played a game more. Hopefully Brentford get one over Smith and do the same to Villa. Preston hopefully can get something from Norwich as well.

Can you give me Fridays Euro millions numbers mate?

38 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Nice one Ipswich. Couldn't see anything but a Derby victory so well chuffed with that.

Fair play to Brentford too. Puts a considerable gap between us and Villa which is crazy considering the money they have spent.

The Villa fans must think the lack of respect in this league is shocking, how dare teams not just roll over for them? 

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Our midweek points return against those around us in the table 

Leeds 0

Norwich 3

Sheffield Utd 0

WBA 2

Boro 3

Derby 2

Birmingham 3

Forest 2

Villa 3

Pretty satisfying ?

Getting to that point in the season where the pressure can take over for those at the top whilst the fight for survival really starts to take hold.

Quite remarkable that of the top 10 as the table now stands following the midweek fixtures, only 3 teams got the win and i am just delighted that one of those 3 was us!

Looking up not down

6 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Really annoyed we didn't play Boro the other week like we were meant to.

Pretty sure we would have taken 3 points of them, as they really do look in a right slump.

I keep thinking they are in bad form, but not really, Last two results beating WBA and drawing v Leeds. Also already played Derby and now Sheff Utd twice, so only us and Norwich left from the top seven. First defeat in the league this year. I think my perception was based on some bad December results and losing to Newport. They will be as difficult as anyone.

8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Our midweek points return against those around us in the table 

Leeds 0

Norwich 3

Sheffield Utd 0

WBA 2

Boro 3

Derby 2

Birmingham 3

Forest 2

Villa 3

Pretty satisfying ?

Great set of results. Always seems this time of the season teams at the bottom start pulling out results as well...bottom 4 got two wins and two draws midweek. No easy games.

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I keep thinking they are in bad form, but not really, Last two results beating WBA and drawing v Leeds. Also already played Derby and now Sheff Utd twice, so only us and Norwich left from the top seven. First defeat in the league this year. I think my perception was based on some bad December results and losing to Newport. They will be as difficult as anyone.

They've been on a steady decline over a long time more than bad form.

Yes their wins at Birmingham and WBA were impressive, good draw v Leeds too (though so late 2 points dropped) but...focusing purely on the League.

In their last 13, won 4, drawn 5 and lost 4.

Put another way, the day we lost at Leeds they were 12 points above us...now we're 2 above them!

More midtable form since November rather than anything disastrous- but still on a downward trajectory.

Nelson Oliviera scores to put Reading in front again. What a brave fella. Playing again already after that horrific facial injury against Villa the weekend before last. Apparently a good goal too. Given that a load of my mates support Reading, and give me stick for supporting City, i hate it when they win, but for once, a good result for us means I'm glad they won it.

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Flinty off with a hamstring and Ayala getting a red card might temporarily dent their miserly defence - hopefully.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Form tables

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

Good Weekend and midweek set of results all told.

When you get 6 points, chances are you’re gonna gain points on some teams.

I’ve got no idea how it’s gonna play out.  In some ways there’s the positive of winning last night (and coming from behind) when not playing well, then you look at whether it has taken a fair bit out of the players physically and mentally.

I guess all the teams are having similar emotions.

Archived