IGNORED

QPR, Kelly, Atmosphere & Scotty’s gesture

The Exiled Robin

All covered in today’s round-up of events at Ashton Gate, as well as thoughts on Norwich away and as a bit of a wildcard comment, Joe Root’s moral stand

https://t.co/zb0IRNIwCd?amp=1

Shares much appreciated, comments always welcome.

And if you like what you read, you can subscribe via email on the home page ?

Enjoyable, passionate and insightful as always, thanks. 

The Scotty story got me thinking about an edition of 'That Peter Crouch Podcast' which talked about the value of a great kit man. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06ltlpy

Crouchie was only half joking when he suggested there should a transfer market for kit men. 

Scotty is a true legend without any doubt. But we can't put a price on the value he brings to our great club way beyond his job. Still our best signing. 

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Love Kelly. Whenever he plays like Sunday (?) fans need to really back him and show unreal support for the lad. Huge to fill JBs shoes (now an established Prem player) and hard to play ahead of a little magician like JDS. 

Stay behind LK and give him a huge cheer whenever he plays 

Yep. He wasnt really at the races yesterday, but hes a fantastic talent, and we are lucky to have him!

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Love Kelly. Whenever he plays like Sunday (?) fans need to really back him and show unreal support for the lad. Huge to fill JBs shoes (now an established Prem player) and hard to play ahead of a little magician like JDS. 

Ok, mate. Will do

Big fan of Lloyd .  He’s been battered by some on here by some . 

Cant and won’t compare him and Da Silva as some on here have done . Not quite natural enough at left back as I think LJ has said and he will eventually become a centre half . Time is all the kid needs and some of our managers sprinkling of magic dust !!

4 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

think maybe his natural position is not left back, as soon as Jay came on we definitely looked better, it's a dilemma because Lloyd has a lot of natural talent and finding his best position is key.

5 hours ago, The Exiled Robin said:

All covered in today’s round-up of events at Ashton Gate, as well as thoughts on Norwich away and as a bit of a wildcard comment, Joe Root’s moral stand

https://t.co/zb0IRNIwCd?amp=1

Shares much appreciated, comments always welcome.

And if you like what you read, you can subscribe via email on the home page ?

On the Joe Root story, where are homophobia different, one is a bad as another and the West Indian Paceman should be fined and banned accordingly.

Vile.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Murray as a kitman...useful though I am sure he is in that role, Murray as a wingers coach- does anyone know if he does any work on this?

when hes at the training pitch, collecting the balls and chatting to everyone hard to imagine that he's not drafted in occasionally to give advice

35 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

On the Joe Root story, where are homophobia different, one is a bad as another and the West Indian Paceman should be fined and banned accordingly.

Vile.

West Indies fast bowler Shannon Gabriel has been banned for the first four one-day internationals against England.

Gabriel, 30, accepted an International Cricket Council charge over comments he made to England captain Joe Root during the third Test in St Lucia.

In reply, Root told Gabriel: "Don't use it as an insult. There's nothing wrong with being gay."

It takes Gabriel's total demerit points to eight in a two-year period, resulting in a four-match ODI ban.

West Indies host England in a five-match ODI series starting on 20 February in Barbados.

Gabriel was due to be rested for the start of the ODI series but was added back into the squad following injuries to Rovman Powell and Keemo Paul.

'Root's response showed integrity and leadership'

The original comment by Gabriel was not picked up and Root, 28, refused to explain after play on day three exactly what was said.

After England wrapped up victory by 232 runs on Tuesday, Root said he "just did what I thought was right".

Gabriel was charged under article 2.13, which relates to the personal abuse of a player, player support personnel, umpire or match referee during an international match.

By accepting the charge, Gabriel was fined 75% of his match fee and picked up three demerit points.

On-field umpires Rod Tucker and Kumar Dharmasena and third umpire Chris Gaffaney levelled the charge against Gabriel and, because he accepted the sanction of match referee Jeff Crowe, no formal hearing took place.

He already had five demerit points from two previous incidents.

Gabriel received three demerit points for making physical contact with Pakistan's Sarfaraz Ahmed in a Test in April 2017 before picking up two more for shoulder-barging Imrul Kayes during the first Test against Bangladesh in November, which saw him banned for the second Test in that series.

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Can't help but notice Tweets and other sources are always screenshotted rather than embedded. Seems like a cheap way to avoid directly crediting the genuine finders of sources. Exactly the same as Lad Bibles / Footy Accums etc tend to do.

I think this is done because so many tweets are quickly deleted and this way there’s a permanent record kept.

5 hours ago, gordie said:

Good write up and totally agree about the moaning and groaning about Kelly. If we want the young ones to push on we have to expect them to have big dips in form. Having said that I do think LJ did the right thing by taking him off at half time.

The great majority felt for Lloyd last night and know that he will overcome.

Problem, as always, are the very small minority who seem to enjoy slagging anyone who is out of form.

On 13/02/2019 at 11:28, gordie said:

Good write up and totally agree about the moaning and groaning about Kelly. If we want the young ones to push on we have to expect them to have big dips in form. Having said that I do think LJ did the right thing by taking him off at half time.

Oh yes, totally agree. He wasn't on form and the game needed the attacking verve of Dasilva

On 13/02/2019 at 11:55, nebristolred said:

Can't help but notice Tweets and other sources are always screenshotted rather than embedded. Seems like a cheap way to avoid directly crediting the genuine finders of sources. Exactly the same as Lad Bibles / Footy Accums etc tend to do.

Not at all my intention, honest guv! More for me it's just the easiest way to share across platforms. Lots of people who are on Facebook aren't on Twitter and vice-versa I've had feedback to say they don't like clicking through links - and Instagram also suits the screeenshots more.

I always ensure where possible that the original poster's name/handle is in the shot and never claim them as my own

On 13/02/2019 at 16:36, Fiale said:

when hes at the training pitch, collecting the balls and chatting to everyone hard to imagine that he's not drafted in occasionally to give advice

Think there was an occasion last season or one before when LJ took Scotty on a scouting mission, because they were looking at a wide-man, and he wanted his opinion from a winger’s perspective.

On 13/02/2019 at 16:36, Fiale said:

I saw the recent vlog that the club did with him and Downsy interviewing Pato and Bailey Wright and the look of total respect on their faces when it was mentioned he'd got 26 goals and 15-16 assists in a season was truly something! It was as if they had no idea he'd done that well

Archived