Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Hartleysbeard

O'Dowda's reaction...

Did anyone else spot O'Dowda's reaction to the penalty being awarded?! Hands on his head, showing a mix of disbelief/excitement/nerves - clearly aware of the enormity of the moment; clearly passionate. It was like watching a fan's reaction! Personally I couldn't breathe between the awarding and scoring of the penalty! What a finish, what a second half. Never a penalty for me, but it made up for the disallowed Pisano goal. #COYR

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Did anyone else spot O'Dowda's reaction to the penalty being awarded?! Hands on his head, showing a mix of disbelief/excitement/nerves - clearly aware of the enormity of the moment; clearly passionate. It was like watching a fan's reaction! Personally I couldn't breathe between the awarding and scoring of the penalty! What a finish, what a second half. Never a penalty for me, but it made up for the disallowed Pisano goal. #COYR

Half expecting a contract announcement soon. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Terrifying 5 minutes waiting for it. When it went in I was Klopping all over the room. Still buzzing. Like the goal v Rotherham at home, the relief was immense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

When it went in I was Klopping all over the room. 

Bet that took some cleaning up 🧹 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Crikey some of you lot will struggle when the Play Off Final goes to Pens then!

• Haha 2

I will need paramedics on standby, because of my age . If it goes to penalties, in the play off final. 

Edited by mjd

Just seen the penalty award on Sky again. When they are both on the ground the QPR guy still has his arm wrapped right around Famara’s waist. What was that doing there if he hadn’t been pulling him down?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hartleysbeard said:

If you couldn’t breathe between the awarding and taking of the penalty,you’d be dead.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Image result for ventolin

• Haha 1

O'Dowda looked absolutely out on his feet at the end of the game.  As did nearly all the team.  Fair play...

Edited by Vespa Red
  • Like 2

Definitely a penalty 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, simon uk said:

When fAmara lands they guy still has his arm around his waist, the referee is seeing that and it makes his decision for him

That's what I thought too. The finished picture looks like Famara was fouled by being held down. Not the case though 

20 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

If you couldn’t breathe between the awarding and taking of the penalty,you’d be dead.😀

He is. There's a minutes applause for him on 94 minutes, at the Wolves game.

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Just seen the penalty award on Sky again. When they are both on the ground the QPR guy still has his arm wrapped right around Famara’s waist. What was that doing there if he hadn’t been pulling him down?

Yep I watched it back a few times and am convinced that’s why it was awarded, seems fair enough to me and it wasn’t the first time Fam had been pulled about in the box! 

I'm still buzzing - a last minute penalty to win a game as extraordinary as it was enormous, on Cloud 9 today and can't tear my eyes from this forum :D 

what a great feeling to bask in! 

• Like 1

It is getting a bit tedious reading about play-offs all over the forum.

Some of you need to get a grip.

So bloody pessimistic - any realist can see we will finish second !! 😎

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

44 minutes ago, Punkymatt said:

Yep I watched it back a few times and am convinced that’s why it was awarded, seems fair enough to me and it wasn’t the first time Fam had been pulled about in the box! 

Pulled about in the box,what do you mean..........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

terrified mate!

I’ll be terrified just to get in the play offs . Whats our record. Five play offs , two semi final defeats and three final defeats. Not great is it. Although it has to change for the better sometime. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ll be terrified just to get in the play offs . Whats our record. Five play offs , two semi final defeats and three final defeats. Not great is it. Although it has to change for the better sometime. 

Didn’t Leicester lose two play off finals in successive seasons before going up ? 

It’s may be our time ?

Whoops , what I mean to say is we’ll keep taking each game as it comes and not get ahead of ourselves.

:sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

I was way up in the Dolman last night and didn't have clue whether it was a pen or not. Made this gif and I'm still undecided after watching it 50 times.

fampenalty.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hartleysbeard said:

I think he was p!ssed off as he had put a tenner on a 1 all draw.

3 minutes ago, lambo said:

I was way up in the Dolman last night and didn't have clue whether it was a pen or not. Made this gif and I'm still undecided after watching it 50 times.

fampenalty.gif

Good work on the gif.

For me, it's a penalty. There's a difference between using your body to shield the ball, and what this defender is doing - which is using his outstretched arms to hold Famara from getting through.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neo said:

It is getting a bit tedious reading about play-offs all over the forum.

Some of you need to get a grip.

So bloody pessimistic - any realist can see we will finish second !! 😎

Second? 😶

51 minutes ago, lambo said:

fampenalty.gif

Without doubt the defender is holding Famara back. Rare to see those given but probably just about a penalty. Nonetheless that is a hilariously unnatural collapse to the turf. On first watch I thought Fammy was doing a flying kick...

48 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Good work on the gif.

For me, it's a penalty. There's a difference between using your body to shield the ball, and what this defender is doing - which is using his outstretched arms to hold Famara from getting through.

The more I see it the more it looks like a move from WWF,or whatever they call it now.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

could someone fill in the historic play off gap for me?

I've got

1997 (or 1998?) - play off semis to Brentford

2003 - play off semis to Cardiff (Peter Thorne) 

2004 - BHA play off final

2008 - Hull play off final.

which one am I missing?

Edited by devoncider

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

I'm still buzzing - a last minute penalty to win a game as extraordinary as it was enormous, on Cloud 9 today and can't tear my eyes from this forum :D 

what a great feeling to bask in! 

Have a break.

Treat yourself to another Tyskie or Zywiec.

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Have a break.

Treat yourself to another Tyskie or Zywiec.

I can't even think of booze. I've spent much of the day shaking and sweating after getting a little gung ho with my bar tab last night :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lambo said:

fampenalty.gif

A two-footed, off-the-ground challenge by Fam, but the QPR guy body-slams him and gets caught.

17 minutes ago, devoncider said:

could someone fill in the historic play off gap for me?

I've got

1997 (or 1998?) - play off semis to Brentford

2003 - play off semis to Cardiff (Peter Thorne) 

2004 - BHA play off final

2008 - Hull play off final.

which one am I missing?

Walsal 87/88 

lost away 2-1 

won at home 2-1 

two legged final

replay at their place . 4-0 down half time , coach broke down on the way up 

mass riots 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lambo said:

fampenalty.gif

You watched it 50 times? I’m trying to stop after 10 minutes!

Bloody confusing. If the QPR player was the attacker they’d be screaming penalty, but he may have committed a foul! :facepalm:

Still not sure. Only thing you CAN'T say (but i have seen people say) is that it is "definite",  either way.

Worst decision on the night was Pisano's goal being ruled out.

That's when I started REAL:LY getting the hump with the ref.

Still, made the lat bit more exciting, and nerve-racking.

1 hour ago, lambo said:

fampenalty.gif

Don't follow Fam's feet, follow the QPR player's feet. Famara's feet are distracting to the naked eye because they're in front, and on their own it looks like he slips.

The key thing is the QPR players feet, which are nowhere near the ball, making no attempt at a tackle, once Famara is goalside of him, that is not a fair challenge.

I imagine had the QPR player actually touched the ball first, the ref may have been more sympathetic - but he makes no attempt on the ball, Fam outmuscles him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lambo said:

fampenalty.gif

just not a penalty.

Walsall 87/88 two legged final

Lost the first leg 3-1 at home (their third goal was in stoppage time as we threw everyone forward)

Won the second leg 2-0 away

Lost a penalty shoot-out to determine the venue for the replay.

Lost the replay 4-0. Though when we did go up automatically in 1990 we did get our revenge by beating them 4-0 in the last game of the season. 

Edited by robintherobin

3 minutes ago, Super said:

just not a penalty.

That challenge by the Hoops player would've been more fitting in a rugby match. The more I see it the more it's a penalty! Fair play to the ref, he considered what had happened and gave it.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

just not a penalty.

No, not for me. I don't believe Fam had control of the ball and the defender gave the ref a decision to make when he really didn't need to.

Would not have been happy if it had been given against us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It's two final defeats isn't it? both 1-0. plus a 4-0 loss in the decider against Walsall in 1988. after drawing over the two legged final.

Edited by pillred
add content

Anybody fancy doing a gif of the earlier far post challenge on Fam when he went to ground. Live I felt that was more deserving of a pen.

10 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

That challenge by the Hoops player would've been more fitting in a rugby match. The more I see it the more it's a penalty! Fair play to the ref, he considered what had happened and gave it.

It's strange cause I just can't see it and I have watched it 20 times! Who would be a Ref eh?!

16 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

No, not for me. I don't believe Fam had control of the ball and the defender gave the ref a decision to make when he really didn't need to.

Would not have been happy if it had been given against us.

Fam was trying to control it with his arse. 

• Haha 1