IGNORED

SECTION 82

Topper 123

Loads of people on here and Facebook saying how good the atmosphere was last night , I think it would be great if Sunday we can expand section 82 and give it a try , everyone has to buy a ticket anyway so give section 82 a go and join the fun of getting behind your team and make this end rock ?

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Section 82/Singing Section you mean?

Would be good to have an expanded Singing Section, but the problem is how do you do it without displacing existing season ticket holders- would it be feasible to expand it into bits of the Dolman that aren't so populated for example?

No SC holders to displace as such sunday although clearly people will have boughts within a possible expansion "zone" so not feasible now but would have loved to see it Sunday especially as the crowd is likely low by current standards and will most likely be drowned by the Atyeo.

23 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You could have multiple blocks in the SS safe standing.

Not if you want those who are sitting to be able to see the whole pitch, unless the standing is at the back of the stand. That’s assuming those currently sitting at the back want to stand of move

I thought the atmosphere was superb in the 2nd half last night. It was really noticable from my seat near the back of section 21 in the SS that the reason the noise level cranked up was due to fans in all areas of the ground joining in in large numbers. I don’t think it was any coincidence that the songs were all pro City and encouraging the team and were starting in different areas of the stand, not just section 82.

I think this talk of formally expanding the singing section is missing the point imho. This may be a controversial statement but while I admire their efforts and enthusiasm, I believe section 82 shoot themselves in the foot by marginalising themselves by singing too much stuff that the rest of the ground won’t generally follow. Tbh, I really get bored with the over use of anti sag songs and I wonder if many others share that view and maybe that could be the reason why more people don’t join in with them.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate the gas as much as anybody and will lose my voice when we actually play them, but if we aren’t actually playing them, the scum are a total irrelevance in my eyes, so on principle I won’t sing about them. We all know they like to bang on about us being obsessed with them, so why give them any ammunition? 

Last night proved there are plenty of fans in all areas of the ground who are willing to join in with truly positive support of the team, so maybe with a change of emphasis on the section 82 songs, they could find the singing section expanding into the whole ground!

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Blonde* 

??‍♀️

Pretty sure you can use Blond (Masculine) and Blonde (Feminine). Might be archaic but I remember learning its one of the few gender words left in the language. Must be French or something as its fæger in old English.

I’m pleased section82 are back on form , did go quiet for a couple of months .

glad the atmosphere has returned , my only criticisms are , would like flags out every game , wether it be swansea or a few Bolton fans , it looks good , the more flags out the more people can join in , 

social media could improved , I follow palace and boro fan groups they update more often ,  more people are aware of what’s going on , and could offer to help  etc  I’ve found out there is a section82 Facebook group to exchange ideas however there’s only 10 members ! 

My lad loves the stickers however can’t get them as we get to the gate at 245 

songs , most are fine , you’re not going to please everyone, the only one I didn’t join in was the Adam Webster ( bit cringe )  I’ve no problem with singing about rovers , they will always be number 1 enemy for me , our cross city rivals, who doesn’t stand up if you hate the gas ? Simple song all can join in  , , trouble is if we start being too picky , we won’t sing come on you reds , cos other teams sing it

and by only singing pro city songs only is a bit cultesque 

id love as many people to join in and get behind the team , whatever part of the ground you’re in , although songs like smell my fingers is a bit crass   

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That end block in the Dolman should be used. 

Hopefully at some point in the future the South Stand will house a safe standing area. 

Would be a great idea if feasible as I feel the atmosphere would naturally improve just by having that better engagement with the away fans. But as with other areas of the ground there’ll be a logistical nightmare trying to get people to move their STs to acccomodate it and ultimately the club have to respect that.  

Another idea is to make part of the Atyeo a singing section for Home fans but again not sure the club will entertain it. Would be the easiest solution to getting that atmosphere with away fans going though as there’s no ST holders to move. 

@Betty Swallocks

When you say End Block in the Dolman, do you mean old A Block and H Block near the away fans (upper and lower E34) or do you mean the bit of the Dolman that is adjacent to the Singing Section i.e. E28 or old G Block?

Was thinking in the case of the latter, it could act as a ripple effect across the stand as there aren't AFAIK a vast number of ST holders in there.

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Betty Swallocks

When you say End Block in the Dolman, do you mean old A Block and H Block near the away fans (upper and lower E34) or do you mean the bit of the Dolman that is adjacent to the Singing Section i.e. E28 or old G Block?

Was thinking in the case of the latter, it could act as a ripple effect across the stand as there aren't AFAIK a vast number of ST holders in there.

The old G block was where I was thinking, not a great deal of season ticket holders they’d have to move (that’s if they even want to move) and as you said the noise could ripple across the stand. 

Archived