IGNORED

SECTION 82

Topper 123

I think a small expansion to the section is needed, it's usually the first place to sell out for cup games, and for league games there's usually more in there than meant to be. 

@kivsy Would you help getting some flags out & putting away after games? They're always looking for numbers to help organise these things. 

If the numbers wanting to get in that area of the ground seriously grew, the bottom part of the Dolman would be ideal imo. Especially if they get nearer to the away fans (not Swansea near) it will always help atmosphere wise. 

5 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I think a small expansion to the section is needed, it's usually the first place to sell out for cup games, and for league games there's usually more in there than meant to be. 

@kivsy Would you help getting some flags out & putting away after games? They're always looking for numbers to help organise these things. 

If the numbers wanting to get in that area of the ground seriously grew, the bottom part of the Dolman would be ideal imo. Especially if they get nearer to the away fans (not Swansea near) it will always help atmosphere wise. 

Agree that nearer the away fans is good for this sort of thing, but the question I guess is what % who are there currently are existing st holders?

Again, in the Dolman- good, can help with a ripple effect across the crowd.

I think it needs an expansion...the problems with that are firstly that s82 fans are potentially seen as containing 'risk' elements group so the club getting approval for a meaningful expansion may not go down well with SAG? Secondly, the Swansea scenes do nobody any favours especially in the eyes of authorities for this to happen and lastly, the pyro at Blackburn and one at Brentford- though hugely improved on last season, well again all home pyros last year came from singing section and while it was a tiny minority who did this, it does the case for an expansion few favours.

22 hours ago, CTIDhc said:

i wish thinking more along the lines of:

"Oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh

We got the best defence in the world

We got Jay Da Silva, Adam Webster, Kalas and Pisano o o"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayivhplxuwM

I like this a lot.

Used to live with a liverpool fan who used to sing this all the time and have always thought we should come up with a version. 

On 13/02/2019 at 18:48, Alan Dicks said:

It needs to be moved behind the goal.

This option keeps cropping up, but the problem remains the same. If you have a group of people standing behind the goal, those sitting either side can’t see the corners of the pitch. In other words, it’s not a viable option 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

This option keeps cropping up, but the problem remains the same. If you have a group of people standing behind the goal, those sitting either side can’t see the corners of the pitch. In other words, it’s not a viable option 

This is correct.

I remember making a thread on expansion of s82 ideas all the way back in January 2018 and having these discussions.

Not to say I'm not in favour of a hypothetically expanded singing section- I am, I believe there is demand and scope- but the problem is that other areas of the ground who are already there maybe inconvenienced and it is very hard to get right.

I also made a poll on it in August 2018 and though this forum is a small to moderate % of the overall fanbase, 183 would be interested which assuming the bulk are not existing fans who go in the singing section, shows a latent demand- that is to say there is a demand even if it isn't overwhelming. Similar poll posted on other City forums who don't post here probably would help gauge it better too.

On 13/02/2019 at 19:28, Martin89 said:

Section 82 boys can we get this going..

To the England song - Drinking all your vodka

1, 2, 3, 4

Woaah, we’ve got Adam Webster woaah

Super Adam Webster Woaah

Kalas we want you to stayyyy

Repeat

Suggestions?

Or to the same tune..

Webster .... webster

He is our number four 

Keeps on running some more 

He's websterrr

On 13/02/2019 at 20:07, kivsy said:

I’m pleased section82 are back on form , did go quiet for a couple of months .

glad the atmosphere has returned , my only criticisms are , would like flags out every game , wether it be swansea or a few Bolton fans , it looks good , the more flags out the more people can join in , 

social media could improved , I follow palace and boro fan groups they update more often ,  more people are aware of what’s going on , and could offer to help  etc  I’ve found out there is a section82 Facebook group to exchange ideas however there’s only 10 members ! 

My lad loves the stickers however can’t get them as we get to the gate at 245 

songs , most are fine , you’re not going to please everyone, the only one I didn’t join in was the Adam Webster ( bit cringe )  I’ve no problem with singing about rovers , they will always be number 1 enemy for me , our cross city rivals, who doesn’t stand up if you hate the gas ? Simple song all can join in  , , trouble is if we start being too picky , we won’t sing come on you reds , cos other teams sing it

and by only singing pro city songs only is a bit cultesque 

id love as many people to join in and get behind the team , whatever part of the ground you’re in , although songs like smell my fingers is a bit crass   

What stickers do you mean?

BrizzelRed take a bow.Hope many read your post. So true.

The gas have been irelevant for 20 years except to the (very few) fans that go away and; have nothing to sing to support our team OR think garden sheds are still relevant in the Championship OR try to encourage home support with references to libraries - all pretty stupid.

I like the ideas threads on otib to find songs for all our current players. Even ex City players songs are more relevant than sheds, libraries and the blue few. CoYRs

10 hours ago, South Somerset Red said:

If its expanded into S24 how much of an obstruction will that really cause? Cant see it being that much. Palace have their ultras placed in a corner similar and they never have any problems.

To be honest that seems to be happening naturally anyway, I stand on the edge on S25 and can see lots of S24 joining in with chants and the stewards don’t seem to tough on some that stand for relatively long periods.

Sunday my daughter is coming down too, so I couldn’t buy us tickets together in S82 so I opted for the nearest I could get on the edge S24, so there will be a bit more noise from there. :)

12 hours ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Or to the same tune..

Webster .... webster

He is our number four 

Keeps on running some more 

He's websterrr

Does Webster have a song as he deserves one.

I used to like the 'Frankie Fielding's in the building......Aden Flint is having a party' chant which I haven't heard used since Flinty left. 

Would love that golden oldie to be revived with Adam Webster in place of Flint.

On 13/02/2019 at 19:20, BrizzleRed said:

I thought the atmosphere was superb in the 2nd half last night. It was really noticable from my seat near the back of section 21 in the SS that the reason the noise level cranked up was due to fans in all areas of the ground joining in in large numbers. I don’t think it was any coincidence that the songs were all pro City and encouraging the team and were starting in different areas of the stand, not just section 82.

I think this talk of formally expanding the singing section is missing the point imho. This may be a controversial statement but while I admire their efforts and enthusiasm, I believe section 82 shoot themselves in the foot by marginalising themselves by singing too much stuff that the rest of the ground won’t generally follow. Tbh, I really get bored with the over use of anti sag songs and I wonder if many others share that view and maybe that could be the reason why more people don’t join in with them.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate the gas as much as anybody and will lose my voice when we actually play them, but if we aren’t actually playing them, the scum are a total irrelevance in my eyes, so on principle I won’t sing about them. We all know they like to bang on about us being obsessed with them, so why give them any ammunition? 

Last night proved there are plenty of fans in all areas of the ground who are willing to join in with truly positive support of the team, so maybe with a change of emphasis on the section 82 songs, they could find the singing section expanding into the whole ground!

In which case you might be interested in this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/16/psg-dortmund-english-crowds-age-of-rage-barney-ronay

On 13/02/2019 at 19:33, CTIDhc said:

i wish thinking more along the lines of:

"Oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh

We got the best defence in the world

We got Jay Da Silva, Adam Webster, Kalas and Pisano o o"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayivhplxuwM

Do we really need to copy other clubs’ chants? I hate that.....but fair play to you for the suggestion, not knocking you for that at all....also Hunt would get the hump with that chant!

7 hours ago, cider-manc said:

Other than the wurzels how many original chants do we have? Pretty much every song has an origin somewhere else.

Apologies, I wasn’t clear, I meant I don’t like copying chants that other clubs’ fans bang out and just change a few words to suit us. 

I’m not suggesting we sit down and write some brand new tunes, although that would be fun, but surely we can come up with stuff that other teams don’t sing? Like the Tom Thumb tune? That was awesome and unique to us as far as I know....it’s been said loads but Man Utd and Liverpool fans come up with some great, unique chants...

Archived